Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

Help needed (paid!) to get a vr engine out - Sussex :)

Hi

Anyone in/near sussex who could come and give me a hand getting an engine out in the next week?

I'd obviously pay the lucky person/people.

It's about 20% out already - front end off, frount mount off (it's propped up), few bits removed, etc.

Anyone got the skills/time to help out?

Cheers

Will

I could probably help on my way to Kent next saturday too. Or Gav would be a good shout, although he is a few miles away. Main problem is lifting it... If it was at home I'd have no problems, but it isn't...

How heavy is a VR6 engine? couldnt a couple of people lift it?

Not out of the engine bay. I've done it before with a long bit of wood with a person at each end. But it was hard work, and that was a 1.4 on a renault 5.

Hi mate,

In my experience the only way you'll shift a VR lump from the car safely is with a hoist mate. You don't want to risk dropping it and it's very hard to lift with 2 people due to all the bits sticking out. It *can* be done with 2 jack, but I wouldn't risk it. I hired a hiost over here for something like 20 quid a day so must be possible in the UK too?

It weighs around 180 kgs btw!!

Dutch

How's the 'lift it up and stick it in the boot' plan coming along mate?!! ;)

A block is heavy enough, let alone a whole engine!!!

see you tomorrow will, trying to get hold of fat mate with my engine hoist, if not itll be trolley jack under neath, wheel it out then deadlift it inot the back of the goof. Im an ickle block and done it before on a couple of occasions. Ill apologies now for any sex wee left on the schrick

Gav

How's the 'lift it up and stick it in the boot' plan coming along mate?!! ;)

A block is heavy enough, let alone a whole engine!!!

Not needed now i guess.

Looks like Gav's gonna deliver it for me, happy days!

jay, sorry dude missed your call. was busy watching M15VW kick a calibra turbo's ass on the way home from something to eat. Tried ringing you back

No probs peanut, guess thats a good enough reason to miss a call, you get my text?

i would call ya but i'm on my mobile is about to die.

You taking the lump to the Phirm this weekend then?

aye, thats the plan. Pick it up from Will and drop it off at Tims on the way home

Will, ill ring you in the morning buddy we're about to leave.

Jay, will let you know once the engines dropped off mate

Gav

I think he is mate. Their mate works there I believe.

OK will i'll get the Phirm to give it the once over & i can sort out the rest of your balance once they've given the green light?

Nice one Gav, how do you want paying!?

Will could give to ya and i'll add it to what i owe him?

gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,gav promises not to steal the 10k engine,la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol jay and will promise not to hunt him down like a dog if he does lol

OK will i'll get the Phirm to give it the once over & i can sort out the rest of your balance once they've given the green light?

Mate, no offence, but i'm not sure what the phirm will be able to tell from looking at it! The sale is done anyway dude - it's not dependant on what they have to say! :)

Do you want the standard manifold by the way mate? I've got a scabby old one here that's included if you want it.

Mate, no offence, but i'm not sure what the phirm will be able to tell from looking at it! The sale is done anyway dude - it's not dependant on what they have to say! :)[/quote:c9efb]

I've never said it was plus you've had the deposit.

But at the end of the day i'm not gonna just hand over that amount of money without seeing it myself or having someone independent confirm it's all kosher! :D

I know it's a done deal, not thinking about backing out at all!

I'll need that manifold as well dude... u gonna give the paperwork to the Phirm?

Right, but i'm supposed to hand over an engine without the rest of the money mate? Hmm.....

What paperwork do you want me to give them dude?

Don't worry about the engine dude - it was new, built up by stealth, and has done 10k miles. It's a peach :)

At worst the outside needs a wash down and stick some clean oil in and you're away :)

Let's not get into all this again mate :? , the plan was i'd give you cash on collection.

Now it's being delivered, paying you after its at the garage isnt too unreasonable is it!? Not like i'm gonna run off with it!

As for paperwork, the receipt and any other service history its had since you've rebuilt it is what i'm after