Sign in to follow this  
Jim

ScIROCco seems to be on its way...

The only thing I wish VW had provided from the Karmann factory was a set of smoked rear light clusters, the crap you get from ming-pro is of such poor build quality.

Agreed a set of "Goof 16v" stylee rears would have gone a long way.. Aftermarket stuff all seems too ... Bling.. :(

A decent set of projectors that don't look like mk3 Capri lights wouldn't go amiss either...

Oh and a cossie rear wing too :lol:

I like Jim too, and Yan.....]/quote]

:shock:

:cry: :scratch:

Now I am worried, must get a padlock for my tent ;)

I like Jim too, and Yan.....

:shock:

:cry: :scratch:

Now I am worried, must get a padlock for my tent ;)

I'm not camping anywhere near you... well... till e37.89356

And hopefully you'll have forgotten all this silly padlock business ;)

Sparked a bit of debate there (and sexual desires from a panda...)

I like the shape of the C too, obviously. I guess that's the real reason we've all got one. There are faster, more reliable cars out there (admittedly many don't handle as well) but it's the fact that C's are just such sexy bitches that the style has lasted so long (I keep seeing Passats from the early 90s. They haven't aged quite so well...)

But are you really telling me that if they released the green concept Iroc as it was, that you wouldn't do anything to it? Nothing?

But are you really telling me that if they released the green concept Iroc as it was, that you wouldn't do anything to it? Nothing?

I wouldn't do a thing to it... including buy it in the first place :lol:

I wouldn't do a thing to it... including buy it in the first place :lol:

Glad to see you're still loving your Rado. I love mine too. But today for example, PSI tuning informed me that my fuel pump is wired through my indicators, which has caused my car to die completely. As the bills mount up (and the grief from my mrs), a newer model (car not the mrs) does seem more and more appealing...

Would still keep my valver for thrashing around in at the weekend...

Niiiice :)

Indeed, esprecially as your piccie is of a US-spec Rado :lol:

Woohoo, less than a week to go now ... *where'sthedancesmilie*

Tempest

I like the fact that the IROC looks to be as aero-dynamic as a cheese sandwich (entirely in-keeping with the current VW ethos). It's early days and the finished article will be very different no doubt, but at least there will be an interesting new addition to the VW fleet. I just don't get wood with Golfs/R32 etc. It would be nice to have a 'sporty number' to break the mould.

They should call it the Corrado.

My valver is still original from the factory :D

Although i have to be honest i thought the Iroc was going to be a sports coupe, and that looks like yet another hatchback, i dont think it distinguishes itself from the mk5 golf enough, also if its out in 2008 wont there be a mk6 golf on the way shortly after? Surely VAG have plenty of hatchbacks in the market already?

While the front end is under cover, the production model will have unique headlamps and an Audi-style four-sided grille.

Uhoh more expensive hard to find headlights for the future! :lol:

WHAT is that? Doesn't seem to resemble the prototype at all. Looks like a Golf Plus. Does not look like the sort of car you can tailgate Porsches in. If you are reading this Meeester VW, sort it out. Give the people what they want. Then we will buy your cars. Otherwise we will have to keep ripping engines out of your new cars to put in your old cars, which won't make you anywhere near as much money...

WHAT is that? Doesn't seem to resemble the prototype at all. Looks like a Golf Plus. Does not look like the sort of car you can tailgate Porsches in. If you are reading this Meeester VW, sort it out. Give the people what they want. Then we will buy your cars. Otherwise we will have to keep ripping engines out of your new cars to put in your old cars, which won't make you anywhere near as much money...

you reckon? it looks like the overall shape, front grille, even the wingmirrors look very similar

o and i just thought i'd share a bit of info on the beasty i found out last week from a contact at vw, apparently its going to have a 1.6tsi motor with somewhere in the region of 230bhp and is due out August 08

you reckon? it looks like the overall shape, front grille, even the wingmirrors look very similar

o and i just thought i'd share a bit of info on the beasty i found out last week from a contact at vw, apparently its going to have a 1.6tsi motor with somewhere in the region of 230bhp and is due out August 08[/quote:38c70]

I heard the turbo/supercharger combination was rather shocking?

Anyone else hear this?

The TSI is supposed to be a brilliant engine, no doubt about it.. rumors of a 1.6 version of the IROC can only be a good thing IMHO!

Prototype shown in Berlin had the 2 Liter TSI, or so we were told by insiders, because no-one was actually allowed to lift the bonnet.

Tempest

if anyones doubting the fun of the tsi just pop down and test drive a golf gt, 170bhp out of a 1.4's pretty impressive and feels like a fun little engine, the normal one badged tsi only has 140 i think though so make sure you try the right one!

ive been told the TSi engine is a load of Cr*p, seems you have to thrash the living daylights out of it to get it to perform at 170Bhp standards. sounds too much like a VTEC to me....nothing happens until the end of the rev range! Now a 2.0 TSi might be different.

My opinion is:

The Iroc that was unvelied in green looks horrible, i feel it looks like a pug 307, not my cup of tea at all..

I thought Sciroccos / Corrados were meant to be Coupes not space aged hatchbacks, id rather have a Mk5 R32...

ive been told the TSi engine is a load of Cr*p, seems you have to thrash the living daylights out of it to get it to perform at 170Bhp standards. sounds too much like a VTEC to me....nothing happens until the end of the rev range! Now a 2.0 TSi might be different.

Thats what i heard too. I've read a few reviews of the engine and people weren't impressed. I think a 1.4 is far too small for the size and weight of a golf, despite it having the turbo/supercharger combination, at the end of the day, the lump is still a 1.4.

I think it would work better with the 2.0L TSI, and possibly the V6 too. Although as has been said, i'm very unimpressed with the sneek peek shots, and if i was after a VAG sports coupe i think they'll struggle to beat the new TT

Surely the point of the IROC is NOT to compete with the TT but to take a place in the market immediately beneath the TT to provide natural progression within the Volkswagen Group.

Volkswagen have repeatedly said that the IROC will top out with the 2.0 TFSi (not stated in what tune and I have seen several comments about a stripped out, more focussed IROC coming on stream later on in its life) and will not have a V6 option or 4Motion - clearly this would start to encroach on the TT.

I have driven the 1.4 TSi and been very impressed with it - transition from supercharger to turbocharger is imperceptible and at no time have they felt underpowered - just feels like a typical normally aspirated 2.0 litre.

Many manufacturers are looking at putting small capacity turbocharged engines into their bigger engined cars in a bid to reduce emissions - I believe the next Vectra and Laguna will be available with such engines and I've heard rumours that the Passat will become available with the 1.4 TSi engine. At the other end of the scale the Mercedes S class will be available with a 2.2 litre twin turbo diesel by the end of the year - thats a very small engine in a huge car

The Iroc in motion:

Iroc-video in US

Tempest

Looks like VW is doing their warm weather testing in Vegas.

That IROC is wack. They've turned VW's coupe into another Golf. :bad-words: