Sign in to follow this  
raddo-dave

bigger bottom end for g60

i am looking at going for bigger bottom end for my g60 and wanted to know if there is a 2ltr bottom end from another car i can use as a starting point and what pistons and crank to use,any other relavent info would be much appreciated thanks :D

check the for sale section - few engines going including a full g60 re-build

Ahem!!!!

FULL PG 2031cc MONSTER ENGINE! - All finished done and rady to drop straight in and enjoy![/quote:1e881]

thanks but i only really need a bottom end as my head has been fully done and i dont think you would be willing to split the engine

why not just buy the engine above and sell your head. that engine is a proven beast. it makes perfect sense. dont loose sight of your ultimate goal. its easy to try to get things cheap but isn't so in the long run. i know.

I don't think anyone has come up with an off the shelf 2ltr bottom end for a g60. Thay always seem to be custom, and that means they never use cast pistons in them. Stacked gaskets is a bad idea you'll have valve timing, flame travel and detonation issues not to mention bad fuel economy. :lol:

tsr do one. it uses a 82mm ( i think, could even be a 81.5mm!) piston and a longer crank ( pos a diesel) . they had one at inters on there stand to take away on the day at 1500.

tsr do one. it uses a 82mm ( i think, could even be a 81.5mm!) piston and a longer crank ( pos a diesel) . they had one at inters on there stand to take away on the day at 1500.

Yeah but that uses a diesel block that doesn't have the oil squirters and often results in the engine going bang!!!

Do you not think that if there was an easy option I would have taken that rather than the cost and heartache and time (a year!!!) to build mine to a full 2ltr spec!!!

why not just buy the engine above and sell your head. that engine is a proven beast. it makes perfect sense. dont loose sight of your ultimate goal. its easy to try to get things cheap but isn't so in the long run. i know.

You couldn't split the head off mine and use your own as mine has been specifically matched to the block as to create such a monster everything had to be set up to work perfectly with each other. The Valve pots on mine are increased to create extra cc's to assist with compression. However my head is FULLY done to as far as possible. Everything is matched up. After all the components were sourced and put together it was all lightened and perfectly balanced.

You'd be better off if you bought mine, selling your head. You'd get good money for it though!

correct.

i have already commented that he would be better off getting your engine.

i have just had mine rebuilt with 83mm pistons and a cnc head. but i'm having difficulties putting the milage on. thats one thing people dont relise. you need to spend 500 quid on fuel just to run it in after spending £3k on the engine. then the remap. if i could go back in time, i would have bought yours or simular.. building one your self is great and can be hands one. but is no way cheaper. .

correct.

i have already commented that he would be better off getting your engine.

i have just had mine rebuilt with 83mm pistons and a cnc head. but i'm having difficulties putting the milage on. thats one thing people dont relise. you need to spend 500 quid on fuel just to run it in after spending £3k on the engine. then the remap. if i could go back in time, i would have bought yours or simular.. building one your self is great and can be hands one. but is no way cheaper. .

To run mine in I spent 5 days doing a big circular trip alternating it each day going from Birmingham to Manchester, across to Leeds and back down to Birmingham. On the other day going from Bham to London down the M40 across the M25 Up the M1 and back across to bham. While doing this you need to keep accelerating and letting off to keep the engine under load rather than just doing a nice easy journey so it runs in properly and the piston rings seat properly. It's a bloody nightmare and bloddy boring. I had to get 1500 miles on it before remapping it. As g60bv said it was bloody expensive as the car isn't running effeciently so drinks fuel and is also bloody boring and tiring as I needed to do it in the evening to ensure I didn't get snarled up in traffic!!!

Bloody hell! I thought you just had to drive it normally and keep it under a certain revs!

Bloody hell! I thought you just had to drive it normally and keep it under a certain revs!

No no no, need to drive at varying revs to bed it all in properly.

When doing mine it was a 100 mile drive home on the A1 and i was told not to abuse it but when going along keep going into a lower gear and so on speed up slow down all in diff gears etc, (im not painting too good a picture here) but u get the idea.

it is WELL boring. i insure my car for 3k miles a year. and i've only done 8k since owning it 8 years. so to put the number of miles on was hard work. i've done 1600 now and its been mapped but it still feels like it is driving with 4 people in the back. cheesed off with it. if you can buy a built engine, save the agro.

it is WELL boring. i insure my car for 3k miles a year. and i've only done 8k since owning it 8 years. so to put the number of miles on was hard work. i've done 1600 now and its been mapped but it still feels like it is driving with 4 people in the back. cheesed off with it. if you can buy a built engine, save the agro.

Do you have any details on your G werks engine? Im hoping to go that way with mine. Think ive done mine the wrong way round tho as i bought a screw charger first.

Do you have any details on your G werks engine? Im hoping to go that way with mine. Think ive done mine the wrong way round tho as i bought a screw charger first.

Are you sure you wouldnt fancy mine??

I'm on the sales pitch again as I need to sell it!!!! Woudl suit a screw charger perfectly as that was the last charger I had running on it!

Lol, if i had the money then i would. I just dont have 3k at the mo. My only way is a bit at a time. I bet yours was a right monster with that engine and charger.

Lol, if i had the money then i would. I just dont have 3k at the mo. My only way is a bit at a time. I bet yours was a right monster with that engine and charger.

Was Mentalist!

You should see the Stealt new VR6 running-in procedure!!!

500 miles at no more than 3000 revs

Oil and filter change

500-1100 miles at no more than 3500 revs

Then for each 100 miles increase max revs by 100 until you get to 5000 revs/2600 miles

!!!!!!!

It nearly killed me :)

Jeeeeesus man that would do my head in and with how much i drive it now would take 6-12 months.

double-6s, I could deal with that sort of procedure for a couple of months than driving around on motorways all night for a week!

Jeeeeesus man that would do my head in and with how much i drive it now would take 6-12 months.

Took me about 6 weeks :)

(and lots of Optimax/money/limbs) :)

You should see the Stealt new VR6 running-in procedure!!!

500 miles at no more than 3000 revs

Oil and filter change

500-1100 miles at no more than 3500 revs

Then for each 100 miles increase max revs by 100 until you get to 5000 revs/2600 miles

!!!!!!!

It nearly killed me :)

how to torture a corrado owner.

Written by stealth.