junkie

Hoping to buy another corrado.

Cheers guys, its a shame as i do love it still but greater things will come im sure.

Its only dead in the sense that the turbo and exhaust manifold are foobared but the engine itself is spot on.

she gone! ahh well things can only get better hey! :D look foward to reading/seeing whats due to come, when you starting?

Well its all an as and when at the moment, hopefully start to gather bits and bobs for now until after my holidays in september then get stuck into alot of cold winter nights, depending how much i need more funds i may also have to sell the Recaro leathers :(

Im estimating 4k at the moment to get to 400bhp if not ever so slightly more power, thats now the goal anyhow, decided against 4wd too..

Still can take mine further just do not know which road to take, it just changes weekly, its all coming down to cost, to take mine to the absolute limit or stick a 20vt in its going to cost roughly the same to get the same sort of power, but the potential is there for more on the 20vt, thinking long term buy a 20v build it up over however long in the garage to the spec i want, by the time its done mine will prob be dead :) anyway and there you go nice new engine waiting for me.

Absolutely love my engine as it is, i just did not count on wanting more power when i originally set out, i'm sure its enough for most people though.

Not chasing the pub talk numbers either, just for me personally its not quick enough now, the chassis can still handle so much more.

Well after reading the thread over and reminicing i am now truly sad, been ok all night, had a couple of drown my sorrow beers and its hitting home whats actually to come now :(

It seems my plan was initially right all along but the timing was all wrong, absolutely way off it seems.

Ah Si that's rubbish news!

Let me know where you want to go next and I'll keep my ear to the ground for you!

Junkie will be missed at ED this year!

shame mate,its just a cracked manifold? would it not be easier to get it welded up or is it cast? what engine are you going to put in there? 20vt VR6T ?

It is a cast manifold and it would be easier and cheaper to replace, but when the same thing has happened twice it gets tiresome, and the need for more speed is here again big time so its out with the old and in with the new.

Its looking highly likely i will be going for 20 of VW's valves, pretty much the same spec as my engine but without the IHI on it..........

Ah Si that's rubbish news!

Let me know where you want to go next and I'll keep my ear to the ground for you!

Junkie will be missed at ED this year!

It is rubbish news dude, all ears on the ground from everybody please :salute: basically the cheapest 20vt going thats ok if it needs a rebuild so long as its not too foobared.

So Simon, you going 16vt then? :wink:

As above really Stu, going for a 20vt, aiming for 400+ horses.

What a shame! This was the only 8vt on here wasn't it?

Onward and upward though like you say, good luck getting it all sorted mate!

400+ horses?!!! Kinell!! :D

What a shame! This was the only 8vt on here wasn't it?

Onward and upward though like you say, good luck getting it all sorted mate!

400+ horses?!!! Kinell!! :D

Aye it was 1 of a couple and he sold his on, then he sold it on and the guy who bought it is trying to get it up to 300bhp like mine, he has everything there just needs finishing which wont take much at all, ho posted in the 8v turbo thread and not seen him since. So he might be back around sometime.

Only 400 small ponies, should be easy to achieve :lol: see what happens but Kev im chasing you :camp: , i know your changing engine spec :notworthy: so the next rolling road day will be good fun :cuckoo:

well it seems to me like you wanted something new anyways, so maybe this is just the right excuse. Sorry the timeline wasn't quite the one you hoped for, but i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

well it seems to me like you wanted something new anyways, so maybe this is just the right excuse. Sorry the timeline wasn't quite the one you hoped for, but i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Yea been thinking about it for a long while now and i said before it will give up the ghost again as it already has done in the past so it was inevitable i would be changing at some point just never thought this soon.

how come you have gone cold on the 4wd idea ?

Its not where i want to be tbh, im going to look into getting the chassis sorted better to cope more, i dont want the extra weight penalty with more power as i will be back to square 1 again.

the legend could always live on in mine,would give me a good reason not to sell up :D

Do it Greeny!!! Would be sweet as! 8)

the legend could always live on in mine,would give me a good reason not to sell up :D

Ah you see your wrong it would give you a good reason to sell up, if you have it dont come back to me when it all goes wrong dude..... :lol:

Aye it was 1 of a couple and he sold his on, then he sold it on and the guy who bought it is trying to get it up to 300bhp like mine, he has everything there just needs finishing which wont take much at all, ho posted in the 8v turbo thread and not seen him since. So he might be back around sometime.

Im still here :D

Ive been really busy with the car sorting out all the little things.

Very sad news about your car chap :( i think Dave who built my car had the same manifold problem at one point.

Yea he had a few issues with it, think he just got fed up like i have to be honest, its the 2nd time i have had it go on me, i can get a new replacement of Jabba for gratis, im thinking i may get 1 and build the head back on to it and sell it as a 300bhp engine not sure still yet.

Did Dave give you a spare ECU with the car or whoever you bought it off lol, i cant keep up with it.

Oh and congratulations on having the crown for most powerful 8v now i have stood down :lol: :lol: :lol:

What you been sorting out then, fill me in.

Its all down to the road conditions, in the dry there was not enough power for me, so long as there was a slight throttle restraint in 1st and 2nd it just griped and gripped.

Yea he had a few issues with it, think he just got fed up like i have to be honest, its the 2nd time i have had it go on me, i can get a new replacement of Jabba for gratis, im thinking i may get 1 and build the head back on to it and sell it as a 300bhp engine not sure still yet.

Did Dave give you a spare ECU with the car or whoever you bought it off lol, i cant keep up with it.

Oh and congratulations on having the crown for most powerful 8v now i have stood down :lol: :lol: :lol:

What you been sorting out then, fill me in.

No spare ecu, Dave must have sold it on. :( tho i did get the 16v fuel pump.

A few things ive done so far, mainly cosmetic...

G12+ coolant, oil, new battery, new front tyres, ebc green stuff all round, new headlights, new fog lights, new fk grill, new inpro red/crystal rears, new oem clear side indicators, new oem chrome rear vw badge, new ariel, stainless steel polished battery cover, chrome polished inside door handles, carbon fibre gauge pod in cubby hole, carbon fiber radiator cover, inxx bonnet lifter, alloy strut top caps, 10mm blue 4 core HT leads (from inters), new w5dpo's, new knock sensor, tidied up engine bay wires, new expansion tank, polished up all air intake pipes a little, new rockford fosgate ice install, mtx stealth shelf, extra battery in the boot for ice (split charge), 120 Amp alternator, installed greddy boost controller above steering wheel, new afr guage, altered timing (it was pinking really bad) added an extra exhaust hanger to stop flexi banging on steering rack, overhauled calipers, cleaned and undersealed inside all wheel arches, fixed rear number plate surround. Fixed quite a few faults, switches, electric mirrors, handbrake tunnel surround etc. lots more

Next up is a new windscreen and gearbox, the one in it whines when off throttle. I have a nearly new (2000 miles) 02A AYN code box to go in for now, still pondering CTN tho.

If you do decide to break engine up, ill take a few bits off you :norty:

Wow good list there and its strange how it looks the same yet so different at the same time.

I think Dave put in a low ratio box too if you dont know, its not the standard G60 box.

What bits would you be wanting if i break it, i have a buyer/buyers for some stuff already but im not willing to break it without having pretty much all the stuff pre sold???