OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Looks amazing!!! really like the RH's. Just noticed your rear license plate as was thinking a while ago about getting the black plate. Is it legal and where can you get it done?? They require mortgage details these days to get blasted number plates done!

Plate's not legal on a Corrado. pre '73 cars only. I have it for show purposes only but I have occasionally used it on the road.

I got mine made up before the regulation changes but you can often get them at shows or anywhere offering 'show plates' for non road use. Several places do them on t'internet.

Looks good mate.its strange but, i think the fact u have colour coded door handles helps the look quite a bit.-is that standard? if not where u get the matching doorhandles done. :)

The handles are the 'lockless' passat rear door handles which I had colour coded Satin Silver.

OK then...So is that smthing any bodyshop could do?

I may vote ur car for 2004.

How much roughly do your old BBS style wheels go for 2nd hand please- cos there great. (avatar ones)

OK is that smthing any bodyshop could do?

Also roughly how much are your avatar BBS wheels 2nd hand please?

thanks

Yeh, its a simple job for a bodyshop, some people have even done their own with cans and got good results. The BBS are quite rare and the price reflects this around £1000 without tyres is not uncommon. Supergolfs are currently offering a set for £1695.Thanks.

OSV, love your car mate, think its spot on, gotta be my favourite corrado on the forum.

Marcus, the wheels are RS 301's, 7 1/2 x 17. Only avaiable in 5x100 fitment but you could put VR6 hubs on your G60.

RS 003's are in 4x100 but they're 7x16, just as rare and i just paid £800 for a set with tyres.Should get them in the post this week............. can't wait !!

Usefull link for RS' Expensive but good to learn about sizes etc ......

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1040058

CORRADO VR6

Satin Silver metallic LB7Z

1994 model year

Registered April 1994

Engine

2.9 litre (ABV 2861cc) DOHC VR6 (Factory spec.190 bhp 180 lbs/ft)

● Supersprint exhaust system (cat back) featuring stainless steel back box with 120 x 80mm OE style oval tailpipe

Interior

Black Electric Recaro leather

● OE black carpet mats

● Chromed door locks

Exterior

Lockless colour coded door handles

● Red tinted rear light clusters

● Clear crystal side repeater indicators

● Colour coded head lamp surrounds

● Colour coded rear badges

Chassis

FK Konigsport coilover height and damping adjustable suspension with Koni shock absorbers

● OE front and rear suspension top mounts

● OE front and rear discs and wheel bearings

● Pagid brake pads

● Black powder coated dust guards

● Upgraded rear callipers (Golf MKIV spec)

● Stainless steel braided brake hoses (rear)

Wheels

BBS RS 301 3 piece split rims.

Original specification Silver centres with Gold BBS logo caps.

Size 7.5x17 ET33 PCD 5x100

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 205/40R17 80W tyres

● RH ZW1 2 piece split rim 8x17 ET 35 (with adaptors)

Uniroyal Rainsport 1 205/40 ZR17 84W tyres

● Speedline Original equipment 5 spoke alloys

6.5J x15 ET 43

Dunlop SP Sport 200 205/50R 15V

I.C.E.

Alpine CDA-9812 RR CD/MP3 head unit

● DLS R5 component speakers in factory position

History

Registered by the supplying Volkswagen main dealer Sidlow Garages, Felbridge, West Sussex in April 1994, the car was supplied to its first private keeper Michael Murgatroyd in July 1994.

Murgatroyd an orthodontist and car enthusiast had been searching specifically for a Corrado VR6 in Satin Silver metallic with the optional black heated leather trim for some time and travelled from his home in Cheshire to view and buy the Corrado.

Murgatroyd cherished the Corrado, maintaining the Volkswagen service history until 2003 when, after 9 years of ownership he reluctantly accepted that Volkswagen were unlikely to launch a replacement sports coupe and following his retirement reluctantly decided to sell the Corrado.

you remember I told you I knew this car from around Macclesfield? Well, Mr Murgatroyd was my orthodontist! Think that's just filled in that link for me! :lol: 8)

Chrishill,

The darkened rear lights look very effective, i'm gonna do that to mine but you need to chop the bbs wheels out and put the RH's in for the full effect!

Chris

Just started a quick spring clean, wash, road grime and salt from arches and a general tidy. Still plenty to do to make it presentable for the Sprimg/Summer. Its not been waxed for 12 months :oops:

For the record 15" Speedlines do a Corrado no favours. A spare set as Winter wheels however :thumbleft:

Took the opportunity to take a couple of quick pics on the way to VW Summer Nights today :)

2502.jpg

2501.jpg

2500.jpg

For the record 15" Speedlines do a Corrado no favours. A spare set as Winter wheels however :thumbleft:

I couldn't disagree with you more! ;)

Sorry, but like many on here, i'm a biiig fan of the OE 15" Speedlines. Great looking wheel! :)

Spent all day cleaning the car for the All Types show in North Wales this weekend. 8) However it seems the MK1 Polo may be ready in time so the Corrado will probably be staying at home. So not to waste my efforts I took some pics for my archive :lol:

Corrado12thmay2005026.jpg

Corrado12thmay2005024.jpg

Corrado12thmay2005012.jpg

Corrado12thmay2005007.jpg

Corrado12thmay2005005.jpg

Corrado12thmay2005002.jpg