Sign in to follow this  
Jim

84 year old man still driving his first car!

Awesome!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/nyreg ... ref=slogin

TO keep a car running for many years, change the oil every 3,000 miles, says Clarence Cleveland Curtiss. His advice is not new, especially for anybody who owns a 1990 Buick, a 1980 Chevy or even a 1964 Volkswagen.

But Mr. Curtiss, 84, of Shelton, has followed the advice with the first car he ever owned, a 1929 Ford Model A; it has 200,000 miles on it and still runs.

Time to start making more regular oil changes on the rado me thinks! :lol:

That's awesome. I'd like to still be driving the G60 when I'm 84. I think I'm also gonna need some tips on myself making it to the age of 84.... :?

That's awesome. I'd like to still be driving the G60 when I'm 84. I think I'm also gonna need some tips on myself making it to the age of 84.... :?

Be long since out of petrol by then. :(

Be long since out of petrol by then. :(

:( Tis true. Oh well, I'll have to do a conversion to whatever sort of engine we'll be using then. Hope it's something I can still supercharge. :D

Wouldn't mind driving the VR when I'm 60, but I'd hate to have to get back that Nissan Sunny!

200000 miles is only 2500 miles per year, pretty low really . . . cool story though :)

yeah there are corrado's on here with more miles than that, and i have driven more miles than that and im only 26, although thats mostly been in company vans.

i think its more the age of the car and the owner that are the impressive bit.