CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

love it ,how much extra room have you got now ?i need about 20mmdo you think this is possible?? :notworthy:

love it ,how much extra room have you got now ?i need about 20mmdo you think this is possible?? :notworthy:

Got around 1" ish now all round mate,so with some hard graft its possible !! :tongue:

Nice work on the arches James..

Cheers Bud :wink:

Done some more work,havent had much time,welded up the rear badge holes,finished the drivers rear arch,had a lot of work to cut and re-weld the inner tub to quater pannel,but its done now,just needs to be seam sealed and stonechiped,filled,smoothed and painted....not much then :cuckoo: :lol:

Randoms...

Picture021.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture033.jpg

The wheels do look awesome. :)

I concur! Looking forward to seeing them in the metal on Monday :D

cheers folks :wink: decided on the centre of the wheel colour is going to be the same as the car....red,going to do one wheel to see how it works.

Also spent some time polishing one of the rims and 36 bolts....still more to polish but getting there 8)

Picture004.jpg

Got around 1" ish now all round mate,so with some hard graft its possible !! :tongue:

thats great news,i think im moving house next couple of months and it has a garage so will get my car finnished over winter now :D

,not sure about red centres,but that dish has come up great keep up the good work :clap: how long b4 its in for paint?

Got a bit still to do mate,then then the hole car needs blocking and wet sanding before paint....plenty to do not enough.. :sleeping: but early next year should be done.

Got a bit more done after work today,welded up rear wiper,side repeter holes and washer jet holes. Also bined my rover metro bonnet vents for some custom scoops,still not finished yet but they are taking shape! :tongue:

Picture038.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Good stuff mate, i like your thinking on the bonnet vents, 8) should be pretty subtle when painted. I was thinking a couple of weeks ago if it would be possibe to do that sort of thing but using the buldge in the middle and having the full width of the buldge, would be awesome if it was subtle and looked stock. Especially on a VRT, did your others make a big difference? What turbo are you using on yours? I really want to VRT mine now, i'm on the hunt for a VR engine at the moment.

Polishing those rims is hard work, i done mine by hand going down through the grades of paper, was cream crackered with one big arm by the end of it :gag: :D

looking good, realy liked these wheels on ashleys car but seeing them on yours with your archs and stance makes them look another level, what size tyres are you going to be running

john

Good stuff mate, i like your thinking on the bonnet vents, 8) should be pretty subtle when painted. I was thinking a couple of weeks ago if it would be possibe to do that sort of thing but using the buldge in the middle and having the full width of the buldge, would be awesome if it was subtle and looked stock. Especially on a VRT, did your others make a big difference? What turbo are you using on yours? I really want to VRT mine now, i'm on the hunt for a VR engine at the moment.

Polishing those rims is hard work, i done mine by hand going down through the grades of paper, was cream crackered with one big arm by the end of it :gag: :D

Me and you think alike! i was some time ago going to use a early bonnet with a later bonnet hump grafted on with a small entry,scoop close to the front,then open up a hole in the rear in the underside directly above the turbo! mabey one day? :tongue: They do cool the bay allot more than before so they are a good mod and down your way its essential!! The turbo is a T70 mate. :)

looking good, realy liked these wheels on ashleys car but seeing them on yours with your archs and stance makes them look another level, what size tyres are you going to be running

john

Cheers bud,im hoping they will suit it well,once painted it should be just right :) ,sticking with 205 at the front and 215 at the rear :tongue:

Done a bit more,stripped all the stone chip off the drivers sill,so once painted it will be nice and smooth,finished off tailgate and made up some bonnet vets,used the holes i made with the last set,still not sure,but once painted it should look good...i hope lol!

Everything that is bare steel is painted with cure-rust,brill stuff...just to make sure nothing comes back in future years to come.

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

so you can do you own metal fabrication and build a one off vrt conversion, and your know showing off your bodywork skills which are equally as impressive.

very very well done mate, your cars gonna be a true stunner when completed (if there is such a thing??)

karl

whens this one gonna be for sale? :D

lookin good mate,glad to see your going to go for the looks as well as the power :salute:

Back off you lot :p [strike:1lahz0qr]I will NEVER sell this[/strike:1lahz0qr]...sod it ive been there before :lol:

Done some more tonight,beat out the passanger arch,took allot less time than the other side due to practice,got a much cleaner shape in no time im well pleased :D

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Rear arch next! :help:

well done some more,car is ready for bodyshop now but wether has been poop to move it :bad-words:

During my last update ive finished the passanger rear arch which needed allot of work due to previous damage,all sorted now,striped the passanger sill of underseal,bought a carbon bonnet that needed some work to bring back up to standard and also weleded up any unessary holes in the slam pannel which took ages to do but will be worth it once in paint :D

Randoms.

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_8750.jpg

DSC_8738.jpg

DSC_8782.jpg

DSC_8822.jpg

DSC_8824.jpg

DSC_8827.jpg

next update from the bodyshop :clap:

Nice work 8) Bodywork updates are always good fun to follow, can't wait to see it finished!

How does your oil cooler get air through it? Isn't it behind the bumper?

looking really good, cant wait to see how arches turn out

what do you call those curved lumpy metal things your using? could an amateur have a fair crack at doing this ? :grin:

I would not recommended this if you are not handy with fabrication,it takes allot of time,and the shaped metal is a hammer and dolly set,commonly used in bodyshops,its a cheap set as im doing it once only!! :tongue: