Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Anyone taken on the nurburgring in their C

About 11 mins not so casual driving.

2cc managed about a 10 min one in his valver with a local as co driver.

Counting a lap as the first bridge to the last iron work type bridge, did about 11 minutes or a so.. wasn't really counting but couldn't believe i'd done it so quickly either! Mind there was absolutely NO traffic at all.

They didn't stuff it into a ditch halfway round, so it's nothing at all like my Corsa... :p

And please bear in mind that the last forum expedition to the 'ring resulted in two very bent Corrados verging on write-off status...

And please bear in mind that the last forum expedition to the 'ring resulted in two very bent Corrados verging on write-off status...

Ah well, yes, but it's all fixed again, just a bit painfull on the old wallet :lol: Ready to go back for some more insult and injury (NOT!!). We also had a Rocco that spun a few times, hitting a barrier here and there, but he kept on going back for more damage each time :lol:

3 out of 4 cars in our team that day came off with damage, not bad, eh? Must all be crap drivers, I reckon :lol: Oh, and the Mini team from the UK didn't quite have their day that day, rolling one of their Minis.

Tempest

That place scares me. You just have to type in "nurburgring accident" into youtube to see why.... :lol: Even the pros have some horrific offs there. God knows what would happen to me.

It's a very expensive place to have an accident; you pay for repairs to the crash barrier, for being towed in and for circuit, "down time", as well as for your own repairs when your insurance company has washed its hands of your policy.

I wafted round in the S-Type R last Easter (well if Clarkson can get round in an S-Type, so can I), but didn't time it. Apparently the administrators don't take kindly to time trials or even on-board photography.

Absolutely in awe of the likes of Nuvolari, Rosemayer and Caracciola going round in the 1930s with over 600PS, drum brakes and skinny tyres, off the ground for a good part of the time.

Best wishes

RB

I managed a 9min on my first time out there. Its very handy going around with someone who has been quite a few times. Watch out for coaches going round! I was also very lucky to see the BMW F1 car going around, sounded amazing.