Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Goldies Mk2 Valver - SOLD....

Top tip Jon, use it about an hour before you drive the car otherwise itll splatter all over the side of your car...

I had heard that Vince was extremely clued up on these engines, shame hes based so far away or id be going to see him..

Take it to The Phirm instead matey - they know exactly what they're doing!

Car looks mint btw and has really made me want one (although I'd go for the big bumpers) 8)

CIMG0806.jpg

Looks really good Goldie, I'm sure you'll have it even better too! It kind of fits in with the company in the background! Looks like its a "military issue" daily-driver! :)

Looks really good Goldie, I'm sure you'll have it even better too! It kind of fits in with the company in the background! Looks like its a "military issue" daily-driver! :)

*Dons geek hat*

Except that is an hair force and not a wavy one..

*doffs geek hat*

Im glad you mentioned the Geek word Yan.. :) The picture was taken outside a hanger where people mess about with Sea king, Wessex, Harrier etc etc..

Got to say i dont know the first thing about planes of Helicopters, theres a very strong rivalry between the Air engineering department and us Marine engineers...

Changed the backlights on the dials yesterday and it was a nightmere, even made the Rado look easy to work on...

Im glad you mentioned the Geek word Yan.. :) The picture was taken outside a hanger where people mess about with Sea king, Wessex, Harrier etc etc..

Got to say i dont know the first thing about planes of Helicopters, theres a very strong rivalry between the Air engineering department and us Marine engineers...

Changed the backlights on the dials yesterday and it was a nightmere, even made the Rado look easy to work on...

Yeah I had to swap some clocks over on my golf, got to take the whole dash out, it's a right pain. Although some bits of the Golf are easier than the 'rado, loads of room in that boxy engine bay!

Another VERY clean car mate, really sweet... should look good with a little drop on a nice set of wheels

That is one of the only problems with the valvers and that is they really need a regular tune up to keep the mixture and therefore the power right.

As always Vince does a superb job as he knows the 16v engine as well as the VR block. A quick session on his RR will get it running sweet and he can up the output over 150bhp with a few tweaks too.

Don't get big bumpers, the bloody extra plastic is a nightmare.

Vince tweaked me old monza blue 16v to 154bhp. It was standard apart from a Supersprint exhaust and K&N panel filter.

Another VERY clean car mate, really sweet... should look good with a little drop on a nice set of wheels

Cheers mate, didnt even know you were on here..

IMO Michael, a reasonable drop on some Keskin KT1's would look superb! 8)

Any chance of a pic of these, i dont know what they are, they dont sound cheap though Rob, remember this a budget project..

Vince tweaked me old monza blue 16v to 154bhp. It was standard apart from a Supersprint exhaust and K&N panel filter.

Thats impressive, considering the car weighs next to nothing, id be interested to see what mine is putting out...

Its defintely running so much better since Toad set the timing and the mixture. Other additions/changes have been the addition of the late spec rear light, replacement door rubbers and have got a hold of a screen, having a dilema though, there is rust around the top of the scree and obviously the best time to sort it would be before fitting it, asking myself if i really want to spend the money..

Planning on giving it some more TLc this weekend, gonna be brave and take all the wheels off and see what lies beneath, hope there are no unpleasent suprises...

Yeah I joined when me and boodle were doing his corrado. Are you going to players this weekend?

Na mate, ive got some work that ive got to clear so cant spare the whole day..

Thinkning about running along to the West sussex Club GTI meet though as an alternative..

Whats you and the rest of the gangs plan??

Not really sure, think it's just me going to Players. The others aren't up to anything just looking after their children so don't want to drag them to Players.

Just a little update on the Golf, have had it for about 3 months and am still loving it. Its driving so much better now since the gear linkage bushes have been done, the gears really were all over the shop before Martin (VR6 South) and me attacked mine and his Jetta.. Ive had to tighten up the rear wheel bearings as they were rediculously loose. Other jobs have included replacement rocker and inlet manifold gaskets, it would have been rude not to shot blast and paint the manifold and rocker cover at the same time so i did that. Only one more oil leak to sort now which is coming from the filter housing..

Still need to sort the windscreen, have been putting it off as im gonna have the rust around the wiper sorted at the same time and i must have a look at the CV joints cos she knocks a bit on full lock... Musnt grumble though, ive done nearly 6000 miles in it already...

Anyway heres a couple of pics, no mods apart from single headlight grill and the other is on the rollers where it made 149.8bhp which im rather chuffed with..

186a6c51.jpg

DSC_01250010.jpg

tis a beaut goldie, saw it the other day and is looking good. the mods have started so its a case now of where does it end :lol: . looks mint as it is imo, but some coilies and new wheels would look awesome. am sure ull keep up the good work, look forward to seeing it again soon..

ive got a set of BBS RMs in my shed i no longer need, they will need a refurb and rebuild but you can have them for what they cost me ?? could get them colour coded with gold studs?? would look cool!

Been a while since ive posted anything up about the Golf so here goes..

The old girl started fine after 4 months of sitting, although looking very sorry for itself, 4 months of dust isnt good. I then managed to run out of petrol in horizontal rain whilst on the way for the MOT. am pleased to say that bar rear pads and a slight emmisions tweak shes went through fine and is now MOT, taxed and insured for another year of motoring...

If im honest i was thing of getting rid and was being tempted by something a bit more sensible but why, ive done 12000 miles in it, have had next to nothing go wromng with it (touch wood) and its so much fun. I cant believe the amount of attention it gets, even the MOT man asked me if i wanted to sell it...

Managed to make some good progress, new windscreen fitted, new head unit, service, leaking oil pressure switch replaced, broken horn buttons on steering wheel sorted and lastly today a good clean..

Couple of pics...

DSCN0200ab.jpg

DSCN0202ab.jpg

DSCN0203ab.jpg

Few jobs on the horizon, must put a new clutch in and valve stem seals are on their way out so thats another task, havent ruled out converting it to a 2.0 or even using the VR from my Corrado when it comes out but i want to keep the car looking standard, well maybe with some G60 steels when the tyres are past their best...

Nice to see the MK2 getting some attention mate :)

I was having the same thoughts about something sensible, but then I get over 40mpg out of the 8v on a run and its bloody good fun so its worth spending a bit extra than driving something boring.

She's looking great, Michael! You made the right decision in keeping her- defo got a good 'un there 8) Can't wait to see pics with the steelies- will look superb.

How long are you on dry land for?

Well i got the steelies on and have gone back to a single headlight grill..

Also fitted a new power steering drive belt as the other one was dancing round all over the place and a new speedo cable. Need to get the drive gear thing that goes on the cable next as there wasnt one at the dealers when i was there the other day..

Next plan, new clutch, the one on there is well past it. Im getting the scuttle tray cut out and the rust sorted on the leading edge of the roof at xmas so that should smarten that out.. On the bigger scale, i quite fancy some ED1 recaros and the engine is going to need a rebuild - possible change to ABF, VR6 not being ruled out....

Pictures...

DSCN0360golf.jpg

DSCN0357golf.jpg

I wasnt going to mess about with this car.....oops...