KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

I paid £53.00 each for the strips well worth it though .The plastic end caps which go on the tail gate end are £3.00 . regards rob .

little hint of sarcasm there i think?????

like you`ve said on earlier posts cosmetically the car looked good but dig deeper and it starts to show signs of quick fix`s and dodgy repairs.

that said, i think those would be found on any car, it does seem that Nathan put a lot of effort (not to mention expense) into much of the car. Finding these 'problem' makes it a bit more interesting perhaps...

i have just got off the phone to robrado on here he has just told me about this karl!

looking at the pictures

hang on first WTF?!!!

that was in no way me at all seriosly not a chance why ....why i just can not comprehand why anyone would stick the roof rail rubers down?? why would you do it? there is no need for it to be done even when they need replacing like mine did which i informed you of in the car park at gordano services

im shocked at this it looks like its ruined the laquer on the roof has it not?

i just dont get it why would anyone do it? they slide on a clip at the front and are a push clip down on the rear they sit then in the gutters dont even need the double sided tape on them really that is just there for extra security....

what is all that black stuff?? looks like glue or silicone? the white stuff isnt compound is it from polishing??

i always took the roof rails out when polishing so as not to ruin the black bits as a rotary can mark them....

has it been to a garage and they would have could have done it?

i am gob smacked

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

like you`ve said on earlier posts cosmetically the car looked good but dig deeper and it starts to show signs of quick fix`s and dodgy repairs.

quick fixes and dodgey repairs?

what do you mean?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

that said, i think those would be found on any car, it does seem that Nathan put a lot of effort (not to mention expense) into much of the car. Finding these 'problem' makes it a bit more interesting perhaps...

thank you fla yes a lot of time and effort went into this car and no i dont like to think ive bodged and quick fixed anything

ive read about the brake flexies on here there is no where to attach brake flexies on the cheap fk coilovers the mot station tied them back for saftey better than nothing i was told but the shock s should have had a metal c shape bit to hold a gromet which the lines would have sat but they didnt..

christ .........before the argument ensues ,can i just point out that i rang nath to find out what it was they were stuck down with, so karl would have a better idea on how to remove it ,lol ,rob

no argument from me, i bought a corrado as i wanted something to play with, and just found out that when it was in at a garage having the engine checked over the mechanics friend stuck the roof rubbers down as he thought they were very untidy. So found out he used some white silicone to stick them down with. But new roof rubbers are on there way anyway.

quick fixes and dodgey repairs?

what do you mean?

only commenting on whats been said in the thread,

The plastic end caps which go on the tail gate end are £3.00 . regards rob .

Have you got the part number for these as I need to order some, looked on Vagcat quickly but couldn't find them.

Ian.

Have you got the part number for these as I need to order some, looked on Vagcat quickly but couldn't find them.

Ian.

From my recent invoice:

P V535 853 719

P V535 853 720

(yes they are different left and right)

Edited by Portent

How do you remove the roof strips? I had always thought when removed they need replacing :/

No I just took mine off and sprayed them and used double sided tape to refit them, job done.

Be careful when removing them as they could break..

Take hold of the rear part of the roof strip. Lift up and pull towards you. They're only clipped in at the front and rear, the main strip is usually stuck down with double sided.

From my recent invoice:

P V535 853 719

P V535 853 720

(yes they are different left and right)

Sods Law, the 719 version went obsolete on Friday 19/08 - Perhaps another part for the list to be remade?

Better start a wanted thread!!

Ian.

Sods Law, the 719 version went obsolete on Friday 19/08 - Perhaps another part for the list to be remade?

Better start a wanted thread!!

Ian.

just got mine in time then . you could always spray yours ?

well been helping stella today fix her car as her thermostat housing had exploded, the jammy so and so had a bargain at GSF also lol. fitted it easily enough but bloody fiddly job though, then went to start her car but battery dead, took this pic as it looks like the cars have turned into cannibals and going to try and eat each other lol

2011-09-24160431.jpg

karl

Edited by KADVR6
cant spell

and cant believe the attention my car got today, the guys/customers at GSF could not stop looking at her, plus two old farts commented on it also. Makes you feel warm inside when people comment on your car.