KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

must stop spending money on the car!! just bought one of these steering wheels as been looking for one since i have had this corrado, not a bad purchase for £50 inc delivery i think :-)

momoclub4.jpg

Where did you get this from mate? I am after one too :)

As for the brakes, stick em on. Wheels are easy to change ;)

Jay

Where did you get this from mate? I am after one too :)

As for the brakes, stick em on. Wheels are easy to change ;)

Jay

Well did the usuall e-bay/pistonheads/ed38 classifieds, then thought i would have a look on gumtree for some reason and there it was, must have been as the guy listed it 5 mins before i started looking on there.

And think the brakes will be staying as gonna need better stoppers soon anyway.

Well today i fitted the upper intake tube i bought from Awesome, its a lovely fit after heating up the 19mm silicone hoses, but apart from that very happy with it, and the idle is even smoother than before, and no burning oil smell as the old plastic one was totally fubard, and the tiny amount of oil coming out the crankase was falling onto the exhaust wrap on the 6 branch.

Then treated the engine to some Fuch Pro Race S oil, and its even quiter than before seriously you cannot hear the engine ticking over at all.

Hopefully tomorrow will be fitting the Brembo's.

karl

2011-12-09111138.jpg

2011-12-09115136.jpg

2011-12-09142952.jpg

Good work buddy - I thought the sensor on the crank case breather pipe was a dummy? I dont even have mine connected up...

Pete

Good work buddy - I thought the sensor on the crank case breather pipe was a dummy? I dont even have mine connected up...

Pete

yeh it is a dummy sensor, did have it not fitted first of all but prefered it with it in as it just broke up the piece of silicone.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

what are the brakes off Karl??

they are off a Seat LCR Chris.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Good oil, that what I use as well.

yeh it is good oil but not cheap eh

anyone wanna buy my car?? in near mint condition just need the brakes and clutch fluid bleeding lol

so far spent approx 10 hours bleeding the whole system, and still got spongy brakes, never ever had this amount of problem before :-(

Ten hours ! No air gettin in there somewhere ?. Matt has the same problem with that set up he has .I know he bled them with chris langers and them bubbles just kept coming .

Edited by robrado974

there is no air getting in (i think) as there is no bubbles coming from anywhere,

i have bled everywhere about 8 times, inc master cylinder, ABS pump, and yeh steve the calipers are the right way around with the bleed nipples facing up.

will get a pic in a bit, and using an easybleed with a spare tyre which i am keeping at 15psi all the time.

Try 25-30PSI mate

Really?? havent tried that much PSI as it does say on the easybleed not to exceed 20psi, and did not want to potentially blow any seals

and here ya go Rob 2011-12-24175041.jpg

will get a pic in a bit, and using an easybleed with a spare tyre which i am keeping at 15psi all the time.

I tried using an easibleed when I fitted my wilwoods on my astra and it was a pain in the arse!

It was like it pushed the fluid through to quick! and the fluid was coming out with bubbles in it, I put a litre and half of fluid through the system :(

well have reversed the car onto some ramps so will try some gravity on it all because i'm not gonna be doing anything tomorrow to it. And yeh will be painting them black when its warmer.

They look superb Karl.

Wish I bought some instead of the 312mm setup

Anyone wanna buy?

I do remember reading somewhere that you have to bleed front right, front left, rear right then rear left in that order, my be worth looking at.

you may have got your front from your rear wrong?? but thanks for the reply.

You should bleed from furthest from the reservoir to nearest. Sometimes though a manual bleed with a pressure bleeder attached is all that works. Sometimes.

well finally got the brakes bled, i just opened up every nipple and just let fluid ruin through for about 10 mins throughout the whole system.

chuffing corrado's