KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Well the 540 went on sunday :( really do miss that car but just wanted it gone (memorys and all that) had a 51 plate red TT all lined up to buy on monday morning but the guy sold it while i was on my to look/buy it, but stumbled onto this X reg which was older than i wanted but with only two owners full service history with cambelt/waterpump done in the last two months, its mint with not one scratch/dents anywhere, and its only got 63k on the clock, and yeh its the 225bhp model, just trying to get used to

1, a manual gearbox

2, a little engine

3, driving a much much smaller car

just love the way it corners, and want snow straight away lol

and yeh bring on the jokes boys, i have very broad shoulders :lol:

i have very broad shoulders

to be honest, that was my first thought Karl, do you actually fit into a TT?! looks like a good one though :thumbleft:

Still managed to get a C in the photo I see. I think the stigma with these has gone now. They are some nice examples going about.

Take it straight to dg autotech and get it mapped by dave and i guarantee you will be smiling like a cheshire cat :D Had mine for 4 months now and after the remap it is extremely quick and good fun take no notice of the hairdreser jokes :) get them all day long :)

Hi Karl

That is very nice, love the colour.

The beemer was awesome but i too have a bit of a soft spot for the mk1 tt's. Only downside i found was trying to get used to the limited visibilty of them. Great fun though, i'm sure you'll be chuckling to yourself everytime you drive it.

Looks like its been well looked after too.

Take it straight to dg autotech and get it mapped by dave and i guarantee you will be smiling like a cheshire cat :D Had mine for 4 months now and after the remap it is extremely quick and good fun take no notice of the hairdreser jokes :) get them all day long :)

spooky as i was gonna make the call to DG tomorrow morning, how much better are they after the re-map??

"Short back and sides please love!"

Seriously though .. always liked the TT! Great looking cars and getting affordable now for mere mortals like myself.. would be good to have a nosey around it next time I see you mate!

Sorry, i think i'd rather have kept the Beemer :sad:

oh yeh the bm is a miles better car but just wanted it gone plus with the added miles im doing i have been putting £100 plus in petrol per week. It was sad seeing it drive off though.

That was a nice spec on the BM i haven't come across many with that spec.

What did it sell for if you dont mind me asking?

Be careful on maintenance. I once owned a Mk1 TT and had to get a new Xenon headlight. I went and compounded this by getting an Audi dealer to fit it (you need to take the whole front bumper off). Anyway I didn't think £900 was value for money :mad2: . It will be interesting to know how it rides, an X-plate has 16 inch alloys compared to 51 onwards models that were on 18 inch alloys. Mine (an 03 plate) was a 225 hp model too but in Moro Blue and Silver/grey leather.

That was a nice spec on the BM i haven't come across many with that spec.

What did it sell for if you dont mind me asking?

4k mate. I took a big loss on that car but thats life.

Be careful on maintenance. I once owned a Mk1 TT and had to get a new Xenon headlight. I went and compounded this by getting an Audi dealer to fit it (you need to take the whole front bumper off). Anyway I didn't think £900 was value for money :mad2: . It will be interesting to know how it rides, an X-plate has 16 inch alloys compared to 51 onwards models that were on 18 inch alloys. Mine (an 03 plate) was a 225 hp model too but in Moro Blue and Silver/grey leather.

Dealer prices are ridiculious you have to go to an indi or better still do it yourself simple to work on, cambelts are a bit fiddly and time consuming and thermostat is also a bit fiddly but servicing is easy even the haldex is an easy job, Not sure about the wheels bullfinch as mine is on TTcomps and there 17`s only the upgraded So called RS4`s were 18`s Mine handles really well on standard kit and is blindingly quick and capable when pushed hard on country roads Good fun car to be fair

fair play, bit of a sex change from the bmw but still a fairly smart car, and VW so i supose itshould be nice to drive.

Far from a corrado though kad.

What were you old seats in the rado,they look brown leather from the picture i saw.

Cheers mate.

Bet youve seen my baby suffering for a couple of weeks.

Is in need of help - Mot.

aha.

howdy pal hows tricks?

thats a bit of a change from the BM! looks like a tidy example, no doubt some DG loving will make it a bit more sprightly too.

hope you're enjoying it nonetheless - i'm feeling your pain at the pumps as well!

yay just got back with corrado number 3, just swapped my TT for Nathans C488ADO.

going to raising it slightly tomorrow and then got more things in the pipeline for it, will say the paintwork is bordering on perfect and the beige recaros are lovely.

will get some pics up tomorrow as i'm knackered Zzzzzzzzzz

karl

You bought C5 OEM then. That was an absolute no brainer!

Oh right... :) Still looked like a nice car as well so.. either would have been a good purchase :)