KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Now then Karlos, whats wrong with Silver BM's????!!! :tongue:

Now I understand why you've been stalking me on E46zone ;)

I think I'l add some new pics to my old Beemer thread on here now ;)

See the red beemer on ebay mate. Did you get the Estate I saw that and was SORELY TEMPTED. Notice it has been sold as well....... :norty:

Karl please tell me that you have changed your mind and are NOT seloing the C! :shock:

WHY WHY WHY?? :(

hi chris,

i did not want to do it, but it was gonna cost me about another grand to get it on the road, then at the moment i would not be able to run two cars so it would have to be sold, and at the moment there worth nothing so breaking it made financial sense :(

i will be starting a thread later about why it came to this.

See the red beemer on ebay mate. Did you get the Estate I saw that and was SORELY TEMPTED. Notice it has been sold as well....... :norty:

hi matt,

the red beemer was lovely to look at but there were a few niggles that i wasn't happy with so passed on that one, and the AC charged one was very very nice but just need something a bit bigger (middle aged spread) so looking at either the champagne edition 530's or the one colour i really love is the Aegaan blue, and this is the car i'm looking at tomorrow morning.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

karl

hi matt,

the red beemer was lovely to look at but there were a few niggles that i wasn't happy with so passed on that one, and the AC charged one was very very nice but just need something a bit bigger (middle aged spread) so looking at either the champagne edition 530's or the one colour i really love is the Aegaan blue, and this is the car i'm looking at tomorrow morning.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

karl

Hey Karl

Really wish I had gone to see that 3 series estate, perfect size for me, at the moment..... :grin: Everything I want really, oh well snooze you lose :(

That 5 series looks really nice mate. You have me really wanting a big car that I can 'waft' around in for a while. Was going to look at this one that is in our neck of the woods http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-Audi-A8-4-2- ... 5d278bde55

Could be too big really though! :lol:

Good luck tomorrow, hope the 5 is a minter, let us know how you go 8)

Matt

Mmmmm A8 4.2 spooky as i watched transporter 3 last night and was thinking about one.

well went and looked at the BM today, and it was stunning with not one mark/dent/blemish anywhere and it drove lovely was about to do the deal, when my dad who went with me said "its not a 4.4v8 so you will not be happy" god he knows me so well :lol: so on the lookout for a 540i sport. lets face it buying the 530i would be like buying a 2.016v corrado, its never going to bring a grin to your face like a vr6.

Mmmmm A8 4.2 spooky as i watched transporter 3 last night and was thinking about one.

well went and looked at the BM today, and it was stunning with not one mark/dent/blemish anywhere and it drove lovely was about to do the deal, when my dad who went with me said "its not a 4.4v8 so you will not be happy" god he knows me so well :lol: so on the lookout for a 540i sport. lets face it buying the 530i would be like buying a 2.016v corrado, its never going to bring a grin to your face like a vr6.

:lol: We are obviously very similar in that respect! I once went out to buy a walkman and talked myself into an £800 hifi LOL You may as well just go for the M5 :wink:

I keep entertaining the idea of just being really stupid and risking staving off bankruptcy for a year :grin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GORGEOUS-MERCEDES ... 1c0f8ffee6

Maybe not quite yet tho..... lol

How about this beemer? Too old? http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... egLetter=X

yeh i have looked at that one, 2 things wrong with it.

1, yeh its too old

2, silver = boring.

and sorry but i will never have an M5, pete griff is finding out why not M5 = HUGE running costs :lol:

the search continues

1, yeh its too old

2, silver = boring.

and sorry but i will never have an M5, pete griff is finding out why not M5 = HUGE running costs :lol:

the search continues

true, it is expensive....HOWEVER

once you get over the initial niggles, other than fuel, the running costs aren't actually as horrific as you mght think.

sure you'll have to replace parts on it as whatever m5 you get will be getting on a bit now and they will not have been kind to their parts being big heavy beasts. BUT, once you've got things like new brakes, clutches etc etc, you know those parts are going to last you for a good long while yet. (that's why i've bitten the bullet and bought nothing but genuine bits for it).

pop over for a drive in mine Karl - go on! :D :wink:

but do be warned - they are very fond of a drop of v-power!

as Matt says, it's either really you bite the bullet and decide that you're going to be a bit sensible and save the cash and be done with a 530, or.... just go for the m5 - a 540 isn't going to be much cheaper to run over an m5 if you're honest - remember i mentioned the price of a water pump on an m5, i think that even the 540 item still fetches about £150...

so in summary, either get a 530 and be happy or stop messing around and get an m5! (and let's face it; we all know which one you've chosen even before i wrote this! :wink: )

whatever happens, best of luck though obviously pal - looking forward to seeing some pics. if you do decide on the m5 then feel free to give me a buzz about any questions etc - sure your old man is pretty clued up on his BM's though by the sounds of things...

1, yeh its too old

2, silver = boring.

the search continues

tbh i love the silver but the facelift (post 2001) e39s are nicer and i believe hold their value better. Thats too much even for a 540 for the pre-facelift one.

found one :D went to look at it today and its in A1condition, deposit put down and should be going down next saturday to pick it up, its a 540i sport 132k on it but full bm service history its fully loaded with every single option fitted. I was impressed with the MPG also, around town it was doing about 23-26 mpg and then went on a long blast down the motorway and it was doing about 35mpg, so not bad for a big 4.4v8 really.

and seeing that an M5 is faster than one of these i'm not even gonna bother looking at one, as in this car it would be sooo easy to loose your licence, for a big very comfy car it bloody flies

couple of pics

karl

well i was on the computer yesterday for nearly 6 hours looking for one Matt :lol:

and go on have a guess Jim.

and heres a stupid thing, my 330d touring which is insurance group 14 cost me £375 to insure fully comp etc etc, a 540i which is insurance group 19 will cost me £387 fully comp etc etc :shrug:

well i was on the computer yesterday for nearly 6 hours looking for one Matt :lol:

and go on have a guess Jim.

and heres a stupid thing, my 330d touring which is insurance group 14 cost me £375 to insure fully comp etc etc, a 540i which is insurance group 19 will cost me £387 fully comp etc etc :shrug:

Ha ha fair play. You did well though to decide on what you wanted yesterday and find the exact spec one today! :grin:

I will go £5800 after a bit of negotiation :wink: