KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

I've got mixed views on the indicators. I really can't decide whether I like amber or not. On modern cars it looks terrible but I like the period feel it gives on older cars.

However, while I'd keep the amber US style bumber side indicators I would agree with Abdul that cllear front indicators would be an improvement.

The wheels look great though :thumbleft:

yeh sometimes i like the orange indicators, and sometimes i look at them and think they have gotta go, time will tell what i do with them.

Nice rims Karl, always loved the Azev A's on a Rado, bin those amber indicators though :camp:

well bought Adrians (SKIMASK) engine off him yesterday, so will be getting that sometime next week, cant complain for £350 with new chains/tensioners/oil pump/skimmed head with new stem seals and more.

will be giving the engine bay a major going over when the old engine is out.

Good find there Karl, this is why I'm not too worried about going to the expense of doing the chains and tensioners myself.

Good find there Karl, this is why I'm not too worried about going to the expense of doing the chains and tensioners myself.

well yeh thats what i thought mate.

here you go stella,thought by putting this thread to the top you would find pics of my car easier.

Karl

well getting all my parts together for when the new engine gets put in, which will be very soon :-) but on sunday my bro went to a bmw show and bought me a leather touch up kit as i was complaining about the state of mt steering wheel, the kit cost £15 and the guy selling them swore they are excellent kits.

so £15 and about an hours work my original steering which has covered 127k looks like this

17082011614.jpg

and here is the kit

17082011615.jpg

still got enough left to do about another 12 steering wheels also lol

karl

Edited by KADVR6
blonde

yeh not bad really, plus seeing one £15 will do at least 6 steering wheels (cottage industry lol)

well i think after re-dying approx 6 full interiors i have got used to this dying lark, but its sooooo easy anyone can do it, just read the instructions to the letter.

Do you have the 65ml kit which is listed here Karl? Seeing your excellent results i'm tempted to give it a go.

http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm

yeh gareth thats the stuff i used but dont forget what they say here 'ScuffMaster Colourwash" is a treatment NOT a product, to carry out a "colourwash treatment" you should order 1 x GT12, 1 x GT11 and 1 x Scuffmaster kit' personally you can get away with just ordering some off the GT12 to get your steering wheel 100% clean, and then do the dying, GT11 is a conditioner which you dont need on a steering wheel but you do on the seats.

also get some 2500 grade wet and dry paper to smooth the finish down, but only use it dry before the last coat containing the gloss finish, and it will look mint.

Thanks so the process required is

Clean with G12

Apply colour with Scuff master kit

2500 grade wet and dry (dry) for smooth finish

Gloss finishing coat

And if if follow that process, its all I need to get these results?

Thanks so the process required is

Clean with G12

Apply colour with Scuff master kit

2500 grade wet and dry (dry) for smooth finish

Gloss finishing coat

And if if follow that process, its all I need to get these results?

yeh that will do it all very nicely Gareth, you may not need the wet 'n' dry if you can find a very soft foam sponge, its just when you use a dense foam sponge you can see the drag marks that are left, but a very soft foam pad will not leave any marks.

and you add the gloss coat with the dye on the last coating, i did a 3ml of dye and 1ml of gloss top coat and i was happy with that, but if you want it glossier just put more gloss in with the dye.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

heres a weird one for you all!!! yesterday i noticed a white sticky substance (get your mind out the gutters) at the top of my winscreen, and down the A pillar, thought nothing of it really so just wiped it off the car, this morning its back again but also down the back panel, and had dribbled down onto the bumper!!

it looked like it had come from the roof strip?? so took it off very carefully, and was greeted to this f*****g mess, anyone got any idea what the hell it is?? i have never touched the roof strips since i have had the car.

confused.com lol

18082011616.jpg

18082011617.jpg

it looks like your roof strip was put on with "no more nails" thats what it looks like when it get wets !

yeh true but i had owned the car for a few months and its never done this before???

jesus what a mess !. can see you goin off to tps for some new roof rubbers soon , just replaced mine . Would meths destroy the gooey mess ?, as above all the rain we have had must have taken its toll on what ever they were stuck down with .

well left it to soak overnight with some very soapy water, then yeh looks like its down to TPS to spend some more money lol