Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Help with a few things please

Right ive got a J Reg G60, Its on 117k Miles and has had a Jabba Sport Stage 4 Charger 19k Miles ago.

The rest of the engine is standard (or at least i think it is)

Anything I can do that isnt too expensive to release some more power?

Also a few other questions.

Would the later round heater controls fit/work in a J Reg G60

Can I fit the later (and nicer shaped) stalks and hazzard warning button into my car?

And how easy is it to get rid of the tape holders and fit a blank panel for fitting guages and does anyone do a panel?

Cheers all :D

Sure is, get it chipped and fit smaller pulley i'd go for a 68mm as for the chip go for an sns chip .Also you could get a induction kit for it but make sure its not a foam one and it has a heat shield. These mods dont cost to much but will make a big difference. :) As for the panel for the guages i believe that you can order one from a vag main dealer. hope that helps a bit!

The heater controls won't fit in the old dash. Changing dash is big big job. And totally not worth it.

The late controls are deeply, inherently, weak, and 90% of late corrados have partially-functional ones.

I have heard that VW are now out of gauge panels for RHD cars. Only LHD ones left.

The late controls are deeply, inherently, weak, and 90% of late corrados have partially-functional ones.

You're not wrong there!

I have heard that VW are now out of gauge panels for RHD cars. Only LHD ones left.

And at the price they were asking for them, good job!

Just aswell there's still plenty of Passats in the breakers. I picked up two panels for a fiver last time I was there. One to rebuild mine and the other as a backup, should have bought 5 for backups really!

Kev

The heater controls won't fit in the old dash. Changing dash is big big job. And totally not worth it.

You dont have to change the hole dash, the dash is the same body all the way throught, its just the switches and mounts for the switches that are different. Basically the plastic bit the switches insert into comes out and you can install the later mountings, however, you will need to replace the heater control lines etc