Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

Top Gear... back Sunday night with 'that' Golf!

I thought the Golf W12 was stunning, taking in to account the lack of being able to corner of course - I was drooling over it at Inters this year!

5'4" average height for a woman? ... I guess I'm a giant among women at 5'9" then :(

Feck arse.. missed it.. when's the repeat? And what channel? (Please not a "digital" one)

Weds, 7pm, BBC2 :)

The Porsche does it for me ,but that rear wing :shock:

Looks as if it fell out of a Ripspeed catalogue :lol: :lol:

James May in a bucket seat & race harness while starkers & sweating.

An image not suitable for Sunday TV. :lol:

Pity I missed most of the programme due to the Mrs going on and on about Hamsters mid-life crisis, ie. hair grown long, beaded necklace, dodgy printed jacket...........and on and on...............!

PS. The Golf still looks like that racing spec Clio. :(

The W12 Golf was a awesome.... 8) I don't care what Clarkson thinks about it, he can't drive for Schitt (the Stig managed to keep it on the island), it was just an experiment and a good one at that! What VW fan hasn't fantasised about raiding the parts bins and creating something similar?

Looks like a Clio V6? That's hardly a shabby car though is it? How else can a 3 box hatch with bulging arches and intakes look though?

I'd take the 911.

Lambo = way over priced. Aston = Practically unusable on the road. 911 = Proper focused race car for the road.

W12................but it looks like a clio v6!

...which to be fair is a stonking little motor - i've driven a friends one and it's probably the best piece of French automotive work of the last decade or so!

have to agree that 'parts bin' build or not, i'd still have one if it went into production... in fact it's nice to see the Karmann business model for vehicle construction revived :lol:

as for Hamster... wtf, are they reforming Busted or something?!!??!?!?!?!?! :shock:

as for Hamster... wtf, are they reforming Busted or something?!!??!?!?!?!?! :shock:

:lol: - indeed! - the little scrotum is fast becoming my least favourite of the three tosspots. They make it unwatchable for me, I got as far as the end of the golf bit and had to turn over and that will be it for this series for me.

I only enjoyed the "Best Road" bit, but the news part, how many goddamn jokes are they going to try and fit in????!!! And that guest was just a load of crap with Clarkson playing his "ooh lets be flirty funny!!!" Zzz.

It's less of a car show now, more entertainment, yes, I know, car entertainment, still...

Even my mum and sister watch it now, because it makes them laugh and I suppose they both fancy Hammond :roll: They don't even realise the show has been going for years..and the don't know anything about cars.

W12................but it looks like a clio v6!

..as for Hamster... wtf, are they reforming Busted or something?!!??!?!?!?!?! :shock:

I was thinking more along the lines of a Richard Madeley wannabe.

I watched it yesterday evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. That golf was a bit mental really, and as a few have said, not bad for 8 weeks!

Is it me or was that Lambo fookin lovely? Maybe I'm becoming a middle-aged to$$pot??

Is it me or was that Lambo fookin lovely? Maybe I'm becoming a middle-aged to$$pot??

if so, i'll stand behind you and begin an orderly queue :)

the golf was awesome,if only they had finished it off.would love to have that lump in my rado if it was possible lol

the stelvio pass was just breathtaking! another thing id love to do in the c!

Have to admit.. wasn't that into the Audi before but I think i've changed my mind somewhat!

Oh and.. my prediction this week.. i'll give it a week before there are complaints being raised about the Top Gear presenters smoking in an enclosed space. In our wonderful, insane, politically correct country.

As well as taking pot shots at the government... international shipping laws... etc....

Clarkson, you're a cock with a pipe! :lol:

Yep, loving the R8 ever since I saw it at the ring...

I have now seen 2 this week being driven round Woodbridge and Audi UK also sent one down to the Northgate meet last week for us to have a look at - looked stunning in white under the garage lighting!

Have to admit.. wasn't that into the Audi before but I think i've changed my mind somewhat!

Oh and.. my prediction this week.. i'll give it a week before there are complaints being raised about the Top Gear presenters smoking in an enclosed space. In our wonderful, insane, politically correct country.

I think that might have been what they were aiming for. was amusing again, May does look far too comfortable in that chair and the boat stuff was mental. Although you could buy a modded Herald that ran in water and they have done several channel crossing in them, it was called the amphicar.

It was great telly, although I don't trust anything they do anymore - does anyone really believe they actually made it to France in the Nissank?

Well off with your guess of a week Jim! clicky

Yeah. Just saw the article on BBC News this morning and struggled to contain my laughter.

What a joke, eh?

I'm sure they would have asked everyone in the hanger if they minded smoking before they started the skit, and advised anyone who was upset to leave whilst they filmed. Its tragic really isn't it.