Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

SORN'd - Winter Hibernation

Just SORN'd so that's the C out of action now until April 2008. Seems a long way off at the moment - anyone else doing the same?.

Yip, mine is going to bed at the end of this month as well, gutted but pleased at the same time...

Will give me a chnace to get stuck into the car and mess about with the Golf..

WIsh I was in a position to have a car I could do this with! Next house will have to come with a garage 8)

WIsh I was in a position to have a car I could do this with! Next house will have to come with a garage 8)

I gave up a house with a double garage for the current one with a single otherwise I'd probably have another toy :lol:

In what seems like a strange piece of irony, my car has been SORN'd since mid summer, and will be taxed and put back on the roads in perhaps 2-3 weeks time... just in time for Winter !

... but then I never was one to play by the normal rules, LOL

Well I could tell you the spec of what's going in there, but honestly we're still tweaking some aspects of the spec. Trust me though, it's going to be almost unique - certainly in UK terms, if not in Europe.

It'll be worth waiting for... I'm starting to allow myself some excitement at getting it back on the road, even if it is now 40% over budget...

Ok you've nagged me enough, and I'm not good at keeping secrets from my friends. GIve me 20 minutes and YHM 8)

I've been waiting for someone to give us a good caning - these cars are for driving etc :lol:

Each to their own though eh?

I've been waiting for someone to give us a good caning - these cars are for driving etc :lol:

Each to their own though eh?

Yeah they are for driving. Only when the weathers good though :lol:

Mine will be going away soon too chaps, just a couple of little jobs to do then away it goes till sunshine times 8)

Wish I had a garage, so I could keep one car SORNed over winter while driving something I didn't care too much about, but I don't! Applied to the council for one of their garages just behind my house but that could take years! :(

i'll be working on mine over the winter,however I'm going to re-new the tax next month so I can have a play when I feel the need.And so that it is legal to drive so it can be tuned etc.

Not going to use it as a daily drive though.

Sod's law will say it'll be the driest/ warmest winter for years...

Bill word of warning.. I did the same with my skyrocket 5 years ago! :shock:

So how about lending me the RS's for the winter seeing as you won't ne using them! :lol:

I wish I could SORN mine :( Mine is a 365 days a year daily driver :(

Stuck in the vicious circle of the car costing me so much to run, I can't actually scrape the cash together for a daily hack.

I wish I could SORN mine :( Mine is a 365 days a year daily driver :(

Stuck in the vicious circle of the car costing me so much to run, I can't actually scrape the cash together for a daily hack.

Jim I have a £300 "hack" for sale ;) and it's a "Mk1" Rado... :D.. Ohh and it's Pink/red as well! :lol:

I always swore i'd never buy something I cared about for a hack.. if I got another VW i'd wanna look after it :)

Love the avatar pic john! had to double take for a second. :lol:

Jim, how about a non vag winter hack? that way you dont care too much.

Here's mine :D one carefull owner from new and only 42,000 mile's from new! even Goldie likes it :D

I particularly like the interior Kip, reckon you should bin the Rado and enter the Corolla Concours circuit... :)

Cheers jim, I can tell you're a bit envious. Used it to rescue judith once when we had a very heavy snow fall, those mountain bike width tyre's dig in a treat. :D

Could maybe do with a sticker that says my other car is a Corrado though so I dont feel too embarrased when folk have a giggle at it :?