Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Ever wonder how your car was from the factory?

Was driving my Mk2 Golf GTI around today after a engine flush and oil change and it's really smooth, tight, feels great for a car that's done 177k (!) but I was wondering how it was to drive when it rolled out of the factory, you know - what was the pickup like, without any cabin rattles/squeaks etc that I take for granted?

What do you guys think about your C's? Anybody think they've got theirs back to a condition comparable to when new? Anyone think theirs now outperforms the original vehicle?

I've wondered this about every car I've ever had. I would have just loved to have driven the G60 without the little voice in the back of my head telling me that it's a 16 year old car with little to no service history.... :lol:

I think the way they have aged adds to the character of the car but i bet they were smooth when they were brand new..

agreed id love to know what they were like when new.as for the karmann factory from what i hear theres a pretty tidy selection of vags down there.if i won the lottery id be str8 on the phone lol

Good to see a post like this...

Kind of makes a point to the people who say that classic concours cars only used at weekends etc,should be used properly,and that they are pointless.

If all of them were,then we wouldn't be able to appreciate the minters that are out there somewhere...

Heh, reading some of the history I think a lot of Corrados, particulary VR's were very unreliable out of the factory..

I know my valver had the central locking on the drivers door wired in wrong and it would drain the battery over a short period of time, still got the invoice for it and I was told by the first owner of the problem.

Yep - every VR i've done a dialogue check on has had about 5 breakdowns recorded and most of those usually say 'undiagnosed' next to them :lol:

I was luckly to buy mine brand new in 1995 . Will always remember the day i pick it up :)

Its always been garaged and seviced every year, never to be sold :D

Thats awesome Shaun, there are so many of us whod love to be able to say that..

How long did you have it before you started modifying it??