Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

Expensive VR6 grill badge

Just seen a silver VR6 grill badge go on ebay for £53.00 plus £2.00 postage, Item was brand new and also came with the rear VR6 badge too :shock: Silly money or what?

Had a couple of bids on it but he must have really wanted it.

Oh Right! but i dont think it was him.

I've been after one for a while, cant get one anywhere and they are obsolete I'm afraid and have been for a while :( so just got myself a few rear VR6 ones as they were still available.

also search for grills complete with the badge, i saw one there last week but didn't buy it as i already got a spare one

As I had the front of the engine off to replace some cooling system parts, I took the opportunity to fix my spare (one of the last!) "VR6" badge to the grill with JB Weld. Without this, the badges are far too easy to unclip and steal by those in the know.

Mind you, I suppose I have to be prepared to find the grill in a raggedy state someday if thief turns nasty after attempting a quick badge nick and failing. :lol:

thats why i buy them if i see them cheap, as i know its hassle to get one quickly :(

i heard the golf ones fit, they just look a little big

Would be pretty much a low life chap stealing off another C though wouldn't it?

Am sure one'll turn up somewhere though, am ok for the moment just fancied a spare, like you do! :)

Here you go, Paul :) They are not OEM, but are identical. Got one on my VR and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 21 Euros- around £16?

Clicky

badges go for crazy money on ebay, last year i sold about 10 G60 grille badges for 20-30 each! still have 5 left.. the last of the worldwide stock! mmmwwaahhaahaa!

Here you go, Paul :) They are not OEM, but are identical. Got one on my VR and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 21 Euros- around £16?

Clicky

nice one mate, i hadnt realy thought about changing my red one but the chrome does look nice.

are the rear badges easy to remove ?

Clicky

Got one on mine also. Really fast shipping as well.

Clicky

nice one mate, i hadnt realy thought about changing my red one but the chrome does look nice.

are the rear badges easy to remove ?

Yeah piece of cake, the VR6 badge is held on with double sided sticky tape.

Cazza you are a god! :notworthy:

Aint this site fab :D

Cheers fella.

Just to clarify some stuff on ARZ.

I ordered the rear Corrado badge and a front grill badge.

The front grill badge is a genuine OEM item that must still be available as they go to the trouble of grinding the number off the back. As for the rear Corrado badge contary to the price and the fact it looks like metal, it is in fact, an early model Corrado badge painted in chrome paint.

So as such I cant really recommend either product as being that good for the money especially when you can 'do it yourself'

Hopefully Gruvenparts are working on a new Corrado script badge with OEM fixings in metal as I asked during the recent group buy and they seemed very interested in getting them made up.

Yeah! know what you mean re the rear Corrado badge yan, thought it looked not quite right somehow but will order the front and have a look anyway.

Be interesting to see a rear one in metal though i have to say.

if thats the case il wait, can you update on the quality of the badge please ? i dont want to stick something that looks cheap on my c if you know what i mean :D .

No problem BigD, did you know you can still get the chrome rear VR6 badge from the dealers? cost is around £7.00 inc vat.

Bought a couple the other day.

No problem BigD, did you know you can still get the chrome rear VR6 badge from the dealers? cost is around £7.00 inc vat.

Bought a couple the other day.

i didnt know that no, cheers for the info 8)

I bought one supposedly for a Corrado from ebay, turns out it's too big and I don't like the look (Golf I guess, p/n 1H6 853 679C)

If anyone wants it, it's yours for the price of P&P.

The quality of the VR6 grille badge from ARZ is excellent. Yan, don't think they are from VW though!

To remove the rear VR6 badge, cut it off with dental floss. Then, remove any residue with white spirit.

The quality of the VR6 grille badge from ARZ is excellent. Yan, don't think they are from VW though!

To remove the rear VR6 badge, cut it off with dental floss. Then, remove any residue with white spirit.

The ones I have are defo VW items, same month, date stamp ring on it and a grind mark where the part number would usually be.

Well the front badge arrived today and i have to say it looks very nice indeedy, although it is the same size as the ones which are now obsolete the finish is more like that of a golf VR6 badge ie, its more of a chrome finish as opposed to what i would call a satin/brushed alloy look.

In essence it'll probably look better as the VW roundel is the same kinda finish as the new badge.

As you said yan, it does also look very much like a genuine one thats painted or something but they are slightly different when you look at the back of them, but certainly a bit of an OEM replica as it has a part number on it and a date which is 12/02 for the record. :)

Total cost was 26,70 euro's inc delivery. might have to get another just in case. Like ya do :)

Kip.

OK here's a slighty related question - what do you guys recommend for sticking badges back on??

Genuine stick rear badges should come with a double sided tape on them from the dealer.

As the only one you stick on is the G60/16v/VR6 rear badge the rest are all clip fit/lugs into grommets.

If you have the corrado one off make (and the rear VW badge) make sure all the blue grommets are in good nick or your boot will leak water.