Sign in to follow this  
OSV

What attracted you to the Corrado?

For me, I've always wanted one, but had to setlle for a mk2 as I couldn't afford a Corrado VR6 (they were £15K back then).

Through time, I ended up fitting a Corrado engine, brakes, dash, seats, centre console, one touch windows etc into my golf, and I even got eccentirc top mounts so I could se the geometry the same.

As time went by, prices dropped, and I gradually got sick of the golf. So I decided to look for a Corrado, and realised how cheap they'd become! by wating a few years I'd saved myself £10K and once I stick the VR6 in my corrado I'll be well happy. :D

My dad always said, "when it comes to cars you can't go wrong with German or Japanese". Since the first time I learnt to drive was in a Polo, I always thought this would be my first car.

On the same day I passed my test, I went looking for one, but all I could find was a Golf. So I took it out for a spin and thought it was soooo much fun, that I bought it there and then. Whilst owning the Golf I drove a vast range of cars as hire cars (for work), and it didn't matter what it was (or how much more powerful it was) it always felt so right to get back in the VW.

So when it was time for the next car, I assumed I'd go for a Golf GTi, until I saw a C on a forecourt. My missus suggested I had a look, so I did. To be honest I didn't actually know that much about the car, but I just loved the way it looked.

I took it for a test drive and was smitten... going from 60bhp to 140bhp does that to you I guess :lol:

So in order that'll be looks, build quality and then performance with outstanding handling...

My dad used to own a scirroco and I after I let him drive my C I could see he was tempted :D

I really can't see where I can go except to another C (when the time comes)....

DtM.

What attracted me to the Corrado?

The large magnet I had in my trouser pocket ( I think that's what it was).

That and the fact that due to a childhood in which my folks only ever had VWs and Audi's (a spell with a MkII Cortina was cut short due to every journey featuring my brother and I yakking up on the black vinyl "luxury" interior within 2 miles of home), I cannot buy anything that's not German. My first car was a MkI GTI which I had for 9 years, and when it died 5 years ago, I had to have a C. For the money nothing comes close in terms of performance, image/respect, looks, comfort and practicality, etc. Practicality ? Yup, only in a C could you fit me, wife, luggage for 2 weeks away, 2 complete mountain bikes and assorted biking kit (helmets, camelbacks, etc), still have the parcel shelf in place and do 880 miles in a day with ease. Brilliant.

The only think I'd replace it with would be a 911(993), but the thing stopping me doing that at the moment is that I'd have to say goodbye to the C, and I can't do it.

i always wanted one since i was about 14-15yrs old.i saw one parked outside an house while i was doing my paper round funny that was a red one aswell maybe why i was attracted to my red g60

I never used to really be into cars, and a mate of mine at work had a VR6. I always used to sort of like it (how it looked, etc) but had never really been in it. He took me out for a drive in it one day.. I heard the VR6 grunt, he drove it at a speed that literally scared me, and I saw the rear spoiler pop up and down and that was it.. I was hooked.

That was since I was.. hm.. 18? So 6 years on I still adore them and want a third! :D

The unique looks (how many other cars on the road can you see that look's like a corrado?) handling, performance, the sound (vr6), rarity.

Its just a complete package for me, and the amount of respect it gets given from anyone that is clued up on cars 8)

Never in to them at all - got close to buying a Merc 190 Cosworth and wife insisted I look at a Rado, 15 months later I've got two of them and don't ever really want to drive anything else. Amazed at the positive reactions I get - even when I'm in the "Shed" (Aqua G60)

Never had a VW before my valver, it's the only VW I really liked. Absolutely love the styling and the rarity of it. Sadly I sold the valver a few months back and now just can't get the Corrado thing out of my head.

My replacement car was gonna be a VAG 4 door saloon but I'm really struggling not to go out and get myself a VR 8) :wink: Sod the family :lol: love 'em really.

After retaking my test due to 6 points in two years i wanted an economical but nippy car. VW was my first choice, but i've always found golfs boring and wanted something different. I bought a Polo GT and loved it, going to shows and buying PVW. I saw a german silver C on the cover about 3? years ago and knew what my next car would be. After waiting for the no claims bonus to outway the points on the licence, i bought a 16v. That lastest 6 months before i needed more power!...

Like a lot of the folks here i remember seeing them as a nipper, and even then i remember there were a rare site. I had always loved golf's and remember this rado driving past and then thinking 'wow, what the hell is that' it looked like a golf on steroids' (i only really caught the wide back end of it) and then i heard it growl away. Never been able to get it out of my head since then.

Wanted to by one 3/4 years ago when i was down in devon, but i got offered a really cheap audi 80 (all the c's were well above mybudget limit, and my job situ was pretty bad).

Anyway's a few years later and a turn of events i end up with a fairly decent job, was thinking of picking up a golf tdi and then clocked a vr for sale up the road and thought 'its now or never'. This stared a hunt which went on for a few months, 8 vr's later i found my car.

As someone said 'living a dream' really sums it up well.

well ever since my good mate got one when i was 15 i was hooked,there are so many concepts for reasons why i love these cars so ill be quiet and wont bore you!

Ever since watching back to the future, I wanted a Corrado, but in 85 it was a Scirocco, I remember seeing an early VR in my street when I was about 14 and knew I just had to have one some day. I haven't really been a big VW fan like most people on here. I have owned lots of makes of cars and a few hot hactches before getting the VR. For the money there is very little competition. The only coupe I would cosider swapping for is an S14A.

I remember seeing them when they were launched and loved that angry front end they have.

I've always loved VW's, started to buy Volksworld when i was 17 and wanted a Karman Ghia, Fastback or Split Screen camper back then, until i went in my sisters boyfriends' Mk 2 16v, i loved that car !! Had 4 Mk 2's then i was looking out for another with low mileage when my G60 turned up with 42K. My friend has one which made me realise that they were that bit more refined than the Mk 2 also.

Ever since watching back to the future, I wanted a Corrado.

I thought it was a Delorean - think i know what you mean though. I remember loving that film as a nip's, the second one was a bit sh1te, but loved the first. I think i remember modding the family home's sofa into a back to the future car - oh to be 26 again :)

Would be handy if we could run the C's off banana skins and other household rubbish like in the flimer.

I bought a Lhasa green mk1 campaign in 1990 at college while all my mates had R5 turbo, 1.9 205s and rs turbos etcetc. They were all blowing up every 5 mins. Cut a long story short i bought it with 69k on for £2850, sold it after 8 yrs with 228k on (head never off!) for £2800 and never looked back.

Since converted the whole family and went on to mk2 8v, mk2 16v, mk3 vr6, 2 scirrocco scalas, back to an 8v mk2, audi 80 2.8e, passat 1.8gt whilst looking for the C, then the vr. Basically though it made the best noise, looked the best, went the best and was the best everyday car vr ever made. Paricularly the refinement of the VR.

Thats not knocking the other variants though, they are just very different. Vr being softer and less racey feeling that the 16v i went in. I have never been in a G60 anything though and would love a go in one to complete myself!

i bought a mk 2 golf gti 8valve not realising what i was getting in to, just looked like a nice car but i fell in love. The rrado was the next step

the looks mainley, best looking affordable car out there without question to me.

Yes, I'll gladly support the "Jim get another Rado"-campaign :lol:

Well, since a teenager whilst living in Germany I always loved the Mk1 Rocco, especially with a bit of a Rieger bodykit attached to it. After many years I thought I had cured my Rocco-disease (having bought loads of scale models back then, modded them already :lol:, collected mags with articles of the Mk1 Rocco, tuning catalogs, etc), but then at the tender age of 33 I found one sitting in my garage, with custom Rieger bodykit and al :lol: I have never regretted it. Shortly after that I wanted a better daily driver than my Polo breadvan shed. I bumped into a Mk2 Storm Rocco, which within 2 weeks I relaised it was too good to be used as a daily driver shed.

The Polo stayed, unsatisfying as it was, leaving the 2 Roccos as Sunday cars, until i decided to get a mk3 Goof as a daily driver, sensible man that I hoped I was :lol:

That was just before I visited a mate of mine in germany, who handed over the keys to his G60 Rado for a whopping 3 days :shock:, and yes, I was hooked. This was all deliberately done so :lol: Within a month I had found a US-G60 in Aberdeen, and it was mine. The Polo got sold, the Rado is now my 3rd Sunday car :lol:

Since my late teenager days, wehn the Rado came out in Germany, I always liked the styling, the certain similarity to my all-time favourite, the Mk1 Rocco, so I always had a certain weak spot for Rados.

Tempest