Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Well, no more ragging it around Tescos roundabout for me...

thnks for sharing that.

A very good read. :|

I was moaning the other day that i have just got 3 points.This makes me look at it a little differently.

This makes me look at it a little differently.

Yeah it does rather...

I might have to go to a county court proceeding after I modified a transit van about 3 years ago with a tractor. At the time it shook me and made me realise how easily I could have killed someone, tbh I'd forgotten that feeling until I read that thread and though about it a bit.

I'm quite lucky, it's not a criminal proceeding and the insurance company will stump up the cash for the van driver, dunno why it's gone to court after 3 years, but still....

I think I'll drive home more sensibly tonight...

That brings back memories of when I bent my last Corrado. That really shook me up and I just hit a wooden post and walked away unscratched. If someone had been following me or coming the other way then it could very easily have ended up in exactly the same way that PH post did.

I never push my car all that hard on the road, especially when I can't see what's up ahead. The memory of that crunch when I hit the post and looking at how close I got to losing my feet is always there in the back of my head...

to be honest its the victims statement on page 12 that should have you thinking.. the fact that the guy spent some time in prison really pales compared to reading what the biker is going through :(

that said, even being a rider myself, I do feel that the argument saying the bike should have been able to stop in the visible space ahead does have some merit.. a very hard set of circumstances.

This is why I have made a conscious effort to never get into motorbikes. I've only ever been on the back of one when I was a kid in the 70's with my irresponsible cousin who negelect to inform me he was about to subject me to about 2G or whatever it was and to hold on tight. Fortunately I did manage to stay on but from that day I pretty much decided motorcylces were not for me.