Sign in to follow this  
DanA

Ford Probe - Top Gear review

Blimey, goes back to the days when Clarkson spoke 'BBC English" :D

I remember sitting down to watch that epidose too - 8.30 BBC2, Thursday night I seem to remember. 14 years ago... :( :shock:

As the guy who posted it is a member of the probe forum, you know he didn't want to be embarassed when the C came on the scene and whooped the probes ass!

My Mums got a Probe and i'm sorry but i think its a cool car. She got it brand new back in 1997, its the revised version with better wheels, full black leather interior and with gold body work and i think it looks good :)

Driving this in my teens before i had my own car is what got me loving V6's. The engine is sweet and it handles well.

Obviously i love the Corrado more but i do have a sweet spot for them. If Ford put a more powerful engine, say 230 bhp or similar to the Fiat Coupe then it would be a different storey - nice one Ford you twats

A real shame the video cuts off there, reading the top gear magazine review of this feature explains

why mr 24v probe decided not to show the whole video (for those who havent guessed already :lol: )

A real shame the video cuts off there, reading the top gear magazine review of this feature explains

why mr 24v probe decided not to show the whole video (for those who havent guessed already :lol: )

Great work on getting the attached article.

Shall use it to prove to my mates just what these cars are all about :D

Cheers

Great clip, cheers for that! I can't believe the calibra :camp: was rated alongside the corrado :scratch:

I wonder what Clarkson's opinion of the Probe is these days?!

Great clip, cheers for that! I can't believe the calibra :camp: was rated alongside the corrado :scratch:

I wonder what Clarkson's opinion of the Probe is these days?!

and the Honda Prelude gorgeous?

and the Honda Prelude gorgeous?

Yeah he was crazy about the prelude wasn't he!

Seeing it driving alongside the others there just shows how well the corrado has aged.

I think Dom's sold the Silver Rados and turned to the pink side: (who else would drive this??)

DSC00328.jpg

So that Porsche was obviously a distraction tactic!

god, the probe was a dog of a car, it's got ancient US underpinnings which never gave it a chance on UK roads,

I've always had a (very) small soft spot for the calibra, granted, it's got many faults, but some of the late cars had pretty nice interiors and the 4x4 turbo shifted.

yeah, if only VW and Vauxhall swapped notes in the late 80's and early 90's , VW's had great little chassis with the mk2 golf etc but slightly off the mark engines (power wise) and Vauxhall had stonking engines (like the 2L 16v in the astra) but poor chassis.

Great to see Clarkson waffling on so positively about the Corrado in that clip! :)

thanks guys, that was great! All the IT dept here at work just sat around to watch it! How cool are Corrados! lol :)

yeah, if only VW and Vauxhall swapped notes in the late 80's and early 90's , VW's had great little chassis with the mk2 golf etc but slightly off the mark engines (power wise) and Vauxhall had stonking engines (like the 2L 16v in the astra) but poor chassis.

spot on mate ,i actually had a couple of calibra's [and astra gte's] and the engine was fantastic but they were so dull to drive.after i went out in a mates golf mk2 i was hooked and have had vw's ever since!