Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

FINALLY! Bought my first Corrado!

Well, after months of looking and asking stupid questions here and elsewhere, I finally found "my" Corrado! I'm picking it up on Sunday from a guy in Derby. It's a 1991 G60, in Tornado Red, recent respray, full (decat) powerflow exhaust, 68m pulley, SNS chip, Mocal oil cooler, RSR outlet, lowered on fully adjustable coilovers. This thing has had EVERYTHING. :D

I must say though, going from my Golf GTI 16v this thing is scarily quick, as in I'm a bit nervous about driving it back to York from Derby! I'm sure I'll get used to the power and torque over time but were any of you guys a bit scared of your first C?? Or am I just being a girl??

I'll update this thread with pics as soon as it's safely on my driveway!

Congrats on your new purchase, you managed to keep the Golf??

You will get used to the power and want more, just enjoy yourself, look forward to seeing some pictures...

No, sadly the Golf has to go! Just don't have space for three cars (gf has a Mk4 polo) - I'd have to leave the Golf on the road and I don't trust the kids on my estate not to do something horrible to it!

This is a pic from the advert - Check out the wheels! BMW E30 rims apparently, look nice and OEM but they're 15x7 for added girth! It's going to have to come up a bit, ride-height wise due to the evil speedbumps in my neighbourhood, but I'll keep it as low as poss:

When I bought my 2nd Corrado (green one in my sig) I went from a 98BHP Saxo VTR to a 207BHP G60.. quite a leap and when I first planted my foot down it scared the pants off me - as you can imagine it simply blew the Saxo away for performance.

You get used to it though. Just don't do anything silly and get used to it. Its not like its going to start spontaneously racing off at high speed without you being able to control it :)

After a year you'll be bored of the performance ;)

You get used to it though. Just don't do anything silly and get used to it. Its not like its going to start spontaneously racing off at high speed without you being able to control it :)

After a year you'll be bored of the performance ;)

Yeah sound advice - I'm just going to go really steady until I "learn" how to drive it properly, maybe just spend a few evenings driving about listening to the charger howl, all part of the fun! It's had the boost return deleted too, so you get that PSSHT! on gear change which is just nuts... boost guage in the centre console etc. it's a real find! 116k on the clock and I paid £3000 for it which I thought was about right.

I'll post up some pics of the engine bay when I get it, really clean!

Not a bad price that for what looks like a real good n'. Oh, and just remember that no matter how powerful a car maybe, it will only go as fast as to how much you depress the accelerator. Take it easy and you will be just fine.

Joking aside :) Looks VERY tidy, nice find,does look good on those rims, dont jack it up to much 8) charger history??

Cheers! Charger was rebuilt at Pitstop (I think) about 16k ago, so should be good for another 20k if I understand correctly? It's probably familiar to Darren at G-Werkz (used to belong to a lad called Gus) and the lad at SNS who put the chip together for it. As far as the paperwork and history's concerned it looks like it's had no expense spared!

Congratulations. Looks a lovely car :)

I've got one too but haven't collected it yet, still trying to arrange a trip to deepest darkest Kent...

Think the charger was done by Darren! 17k ago? But he'll probably cleat that up...

Good purchase, and Juim's right, I've had my 16v 2 years a nd need either a Turobo or VR in my life now.. and then will want a s/c-VR after another year.. etc...

Congratulations mate. Looks very nice. What steering wheel does it have on it?

Enjoy the drive back!

Cheers! It's got a MOMO snap-off wheel, and a red gearstick gaitor. G60 mats, usual driver's seat bolster problems but I'll be looking to source either a better condition seat or (ideally) some black leather! :norty:

Think the charger was done by Darren! 17k ago? But he'll probably cleat that up...

Good purchase, and Juim's right, I've had my 16v 2 years a nd need either a Turobo or VR in my life now.. and then will want a s/c-VR after another year.. etc...

Yeah could well have been Darren actually, Gus told me he knows the car pretty well and has always had good things to say about it! I was originally after a VR but couldn't find one with the mileage/spec I wanted, then this came up and I had to snap it up! Glad I waited and looked about rather than just grabbed the first Corrado I found.

And more good news - my application for a council garage met with success today! So I'll be able to garage the C! :D £6.85 a week, and the garage is directly behind my house. Oh I think I'm going to drink a few beers tonight in celebration :D

Remeber this car well Gus spent alot of time & money on it... well done bought a very nice G.. look after it...

Remeber this car well Gus spent alot of time & money on it... well done bought a very nice G.. look after it...

Don't worry, I will! Oh and I 100% agree with your sig btw!

Well that was a fun drive back from Derby - the car didn't miss a beat, loads of fun! Apart from when I got back to my estate and discovered, as I suspected, that the car is far too low to get over some of our "special" speed bumps. Cue a couple of sickening scrapes :( I don't think I've done any damage though.

So unfortunately the Corrado is now stuck on my drive as I don't dare drive it in and out of my neighbourhood - going into my mechanic later in the week anyway for a checkover, so I'll get him to adjust the coilovers at the same time... Please everybody cross your fingers they're not seized!

Don't worry, I will! Oh and I 100% agree with your sig btw!

:lol: Ive changed the siggy.. but glad you liked it.. dont worry abt the coils.. they can be unseized. but only for lowering more.. not raising the height :D