Sign in to follow this  
ReekieVR

Alonso parts company with McLaren - no surprise there! :lol:

I think Alonso is a shoe-in for driving with Ferrari, just a matter of when and who goes to make way. :?

Think Mclaren should get one of the other young drivers and let them race. That's what we want to see. :)

Although the "I'm moving to Switzerland to get away from the newspapers, etc, etc." is complete BS and we all know it. Just hold your hands up and say "sod the tax man I'm off". :D

So what do you think will happen? Swap with Renault for Kovailanen? I thought that was obvious choice - especially as Ron loves his young Finnish boys :lol: but Heikki was quoted as saying that Kimi is rightful champ the other day - so I dunno.

Ron loves his young Finnish boys

Would like to see Kovailanen at Mclaren next year, it'd be a good partnership between the drivers. The best thing that could've happened to the team this year is Alonso leaving.

The guy has been upstaged by a rookie all season, so is understandably upset, but what a bad loser!

Say farewell to Fernando. "Don't forget to take your pram and rattle with you Nando !"

And so now Alonso has the difficult job of actually finding someone in the F1 pitlane who is willing to risk employing him, considering the petulant, immature and disloyal way he acted at MacLaren this year. And let's face it would you try and manage this boy? Neither would I

But assuming the press are correct and he finds a seat at either Renault or Red Bull at least he won't have to worry about conflict with Hamilton any more. Based on current trends the Ferraris and MacLarens are likely to be joined by BMW next year in totally dominating the other teams. I wonder if he's considering NASCAR instead? They'd luurve Alonso's tantrums out there...

Say farewell to Fernando. "Don't forget to take your pram and rattle with you Nando !"

And so now Alonso has the difficult job of actually finding someone in the F1 pitlane who is willing to risk employing him, considering the petulant, immature and disloyal way he acted at MacLaren this year. And let's face it would you try and manage this boy? Neither would I

But assuming the press are correct and he finds a seat at either Renault or Red Bull at least he won't have to worry about conflict with Hamilton any more. Based on current trends the Ferraris and MacLarens are likely to be joined by BMW next year in totally dominating the other teams. I wonder if he's considering NASCAR instead? They'd luurve Alonso's tantrums out there...

Your last comment about NASCAR made me think of Talledega Nights and the French bloke from Formula Un played by Sacha Baron Cohen.

*Duplicate threads merged*

Aye definitely no surprise here....new it was coming! And i would be very surprised if he didnt end up back at renault due to there background toether! But like has been said, it looks like BMW are the only ones going to come close to challenging going by the season past!

bring on a 3rd challenging team i say! Getting bored of seing the same cars out front all the time! But, with slight cotradiction....i really did enjoy last season! Was great entertainment!

Your last comment about NASCAR made me think of Talledega Nights and the French bloke from Formula Un played by Sacha Baron Cohen.

I hadn't thought of it quite like that, but yes - it could well be true.

Alonso's problems are threefold currently:

a) It's so late in the season that most teams have signed up thier 2008 lineups

b) Alonso's reputation in the pitlane is currently in the gutter. It's fair to say his actions as an employee at MacLaren have made the other teams wary of signing him.

c) He's already turned down a couple of offers, including an alleged $28m (!!) offer from Toyota, and now seems to be in the position where he's relying on either Williams or Renault to sack one of thier 2008 contracted drivers to accomodate him. (Red Bull confirmed thier 2008 lineup yesterday).

Not many options, but you know F1 is a fully old game. Anything can happen.

Gotta be Renault - he could return as a total hero and get all the team around him again and take the fight to Ferrari and McLaren next season.

See Williams have ruled out Nico Rosberg replacing Alonso at McLaren. Which is good as Nico is a great driver and I'm sure his career would suffer against Hamilton at McLaren.

Wouldn't bet against Alonso taking a sabbatical in 2008 - he certainly needs time to get his head straightened out and re-build some relationships to give him a fighting chance of securing a top drive in 2009. Think he could come back at that point with either a BMW, Honda or Ferrari drive.

Up until this year I had always admired Alonso but the Mediterranean temperament really seemed to grab hold this year, if he just let his driving do the talking he'd still be admired.

I'd agree - Imola 2005 holding off a charging Schumacher for 15 laps under huge pressure and making no mistakes - I thought he was unfazeable! But last year just before leaving Renault with his title slipping away - he lost the plot saying Renault were against him taking the no.1 to McLaren and this year he totally lost the plot.

He said some pretty harsh things about Ferrari though and they won't be forgotten - I'd be surprised if he went to the Scuderia especially with Massa signed to 2010.

I am not surprised Alonso feels a bit hard done by but his on and off track antics were not the solution.

It would be a shame if he sits out 2008, but it is self inflicted.

I can see Renault making room, if he takes the offer to stay longer than a single season.

I can see Renault making room, if he takes the offer to stay longer than a single season.

Clicky...Yup reckon he's going back...

I had the feeling Flav would take him back some-how.. so does Hekki go back to testing or does he go to see "uncle Ron" :lol:

I doubt Pram-boy will take a sabbatical, despite all the trantrums he is a very good driver...

I too think Alonso will be returning to Renault.

Flavio won't be bothered by his tantrums and will soon kick him into touch.

They are both of Latin tempermant !!

As for Kovaliaon (or however you spell his name !! :lol: ) I think he is just the right material for McLaren.

Would be good to see.

Schuey out of retirement to test a Ferrari with no drivers aids next week at the Circuit De Catalunya - it's all happening!

Ramp up to do A1-GP? :lol: