vwdeviant

Whats your MPG?

I managed 48mpg once on an 85 mile trip from Wallingford to Maidstone round the M25, but that was with a space saver wheel fitted and i only got up to 65 acouple of times before i noticed and dropped back to 50. Usually get around 34mpg in my little 174k mile valver.

Colin

My fuel usage has decreased since I bought the Leon instead of the 16v Corrado. I get a couple more miles per gallon AND have a fair bit more power available. Win win!

1995 Corrado 2.0 16v I have two ECU's, one standard and the other that has been chipped to 150 bhp, neither ever gives more than 30 mpg at a constant speed .

2003 Audi A4 1.9 tdi 130 with tuning box 47 mpg around the doors and 58 mpg on a run.

1997 Audi A4 1.9 tdi 110 with tuning box 45 mpg

1990 Scirocco GT2 35 mpg

1997 Seat Ibiza 2.0 8v GTI 40 mpg in all conditions

My old Scirocco Scala injection never got less than 36 mpg around the doors and 45 mpg on a run

usual 13-13,5 mpg on my vr6 but..... car drives 2 miles in the morning to work and 2 miles from fork to my home after that so cold engine all the time. If I'm going to shop I've got less that 2 miles round trip so please don't count me :D

When I bought it and drove from London to Aberdeen it was 7,4l/100km don't know mpg :) Not going faster that 85 MPH so amazing result :)

mmm, checked the speedo accuracy, 8v reads 62 when I'm doing 60 on the garmin, more accurate than the cable drive 16v speedo, and pretty much as good as any new car really, mpg-wise last few fill-ups it's done nearly 37 mpg average (it is an 8v :lol: ), which is all the more impressive given the cold weather though.

Biggest problem on the older VW's isn't the cruising mpg it's the slow warm up and less than accurate metering of fuel in the first few minutes of driving, couple that with shortish town driving and most of them will struggle to get out of high 20's, roll on the milder weather!