vwdeviant

Whats your MPG?

Ok I know the MFA's sometimes woefully inaccurate.. mind you mine seems to be (mostly) right...

Anyway on a trip round the 'Ring* yesterday I managed to see 37.1 at one point! overall the trip (including, a little "spirited" M-way driving, 3 towns worth of traffic and some A roads) give up 34.5MPG.. and eaverage speed of 56MPH, Not bad...

Has any-one seen higher MPG figures on a decent trip? (Last highest I'd seen was high 35's)

*M25 Ring.

Last year, over about 40,000 miles in a mildly tweaked G60 I averaged just over 35mpg. That was not from MFA but actually properly calculating the MPG after every re-fuel.

My other G60 (more heavily breathed on) rarely dips below 30mpg.

My valver has never really given me any more than 33MPG regardless of how I drive it :(

i know...i couldn't believe getting 43.8 :shock:

I'd be checking for a vacuum leak :)

i will.....there was me thinking how well its running these days :lol:

I'd like to point out that I only got that MPG by sitting at a very steady 70 continuously for over an hour. Any use of the right pedal soon lowered it and full throttle thraps past people whizzed the number down amazingly quickly :lol:

I think my average MPG is about 29 tho :lol:

Lo, im having some naughty thoughts already.

Do i spend lots of money on my 1.8 or do i get rid of it already and get VR6!

Anyway im thinking about my costs, and was wandering what sort of MPGs ppl are getting in thier VRs.

At the moment in my 1.8 (no ecu) i get like 30 mpg long steady drives. 20-25 quick driving. 13-25mpg stuck in traffic on my way to work :'(.

Anything to give me an idea would be great so i can cost up how much id spend a year on it :)

i've been keeping an eye on this recentely, due to fuel costs going up etc

i only seem to be getting between 320-360miles from a full tank, although i don't go into the red, but still that not many miles between filling up.

thats a VR btw

i don't believe my computer on car :lol:

with good reason, just about every speedo is inaccurate, so it's starting off with duff info, at best it's a guess-ometer.

i don't believe my computer on car :lol:

with good reason, just about every speedo is inaccurate, so it's starting off with duff info, at best it's a guess-ometer.

But then you use the mileage from the trip to work out your mpg when you fill up. And where does the trip get it's numbers from?

That'll be the speedo then!

but how does it measure how much fuel you use?

i trust the distance

Vacuum pressure, then it best guesses based on pre-programmed info along with speed data.

Distance on VR6 is accurate, I believe. Here to Dundee has always been 63 miles whatever car I have used over the past 29 years!

Mpg: 20-25mpg

on short distances from cold, through town traffic and negotiating a car park or two.

Runs over 15 miles using motorway and running in a bit of heavier traffic, too, 32-34mpg.