Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

+ a K&N Air filter & you'll gain upto 20hp!!! Its true!!!

I are having an induction kit!

1. It makes my car sound extremely fookin sexy! Raaaaaaaaaaaaar!!! The growl is tremendous!

2. By replacing the air box it enables colder air to get into the engine thus enhancing BHP and fuel consumption

3. So far I cannot guarantee increased fuel consumption because I am having so much fun flooring it/kicking down so I can hear the gorgeous growwwwwl

4. I have a K&N 57i which is supposed to give you about 10-20 more horses and certainly at the bottom end you can feel it, much more torquey!

Well worth a small investment of £79

I are having an induction kit!

1. It makes my car sound extremely fookin sexy! Raaaaaaaaaaaaar!!! The growl is tremendous!

2. By replacing the air box it enables colder air to get into the engine thus enhancing BHP and fuel consumption

3. So far I cannot guarantee increased fuel consumption because I am having so much fun flooring it/kicking down so I can hear the gorgeous growwwwwl

4. I have a K&N 57i which is supposed to give you about 10-20 more horses and certainly at the bottom end you can feel it, much more torquey!

Well worth a small investment of £79

The man's a genius. If only I had £79.... :lol:

The previous owner of my Corrado put a K&N on it. I've never had it on the dyno machine so I can't tell what I'm getting with it, and I've never ran with the original on so I can't tell any difference. It's completely jerry rigged on it though... Instead of mounting brackets or anything, it's held on with zip ties.

I suppose it's just a good job they havn't heard about The Power Resistor of Justice or we'd all be in trouble on the drag strip.

The BHP comment and "being able to feel it at the bottom end" comment is fairly amusing - I thought horsepower was calculated on the torque at particular RPM's... or am I talking nonsense?

Anyway - we should stop the chiding. We'll be getting reminded that Corrado owners are all up their own arses again otherwise!

Anyway - we should stop the chiding. We'll be getting reminded that Corrado owners are all up their own arses again otherwise!

F'ck em. It's not our fault the stupid misinterpret intelligence as arrogance :lol:

By replacing the air box it enables colder air to get into the engine thus enhancing BHP and fuel consumption

Classic myth number 1.

Do these people think engine compartments are hermetically sealed and the only way to get cold air into them is by dangling a peice of flexihose outside? "Cold air feed". That's the most irritating, crock of schitt, over used 'tuning' term I've heard in recent years. Do they also believe that OEs have no clue when it comes to designing an intake system for the engine they spent years designing and testing also?

The standard air box is very good and the only one that betters it - in terms of throttle response, but not filtration - is the BMC CDA.

And it's been proven independantly and professionally that by adding the "cold air chicken feed" has ZERO effect. Even with a turbo.

And folk that drill holes in airboxes should given 30 hours community service.

To be fair reading the whole thread implies that there are a few people on that forum that know what they are on about including an indepth post on page 7.

Mind you someone does illustrate a little knowledge is a dangerous thing by banging on about Philips X-treme power bulbs could only be about 20% brighter as that is all the gain you will get from using Xenon gas. Nevermind the fact that tighter filiment tolerances will improve illumination given the same wattage.. :roll:

Nevermind the fact that tighter filiment tolerances will improve illumination given the same wattage.. :roll:

That's really weird. I was about to say that exact same thing!....

:lol:

I suppose it's just a good job they havn't heard about The Power Resistor of Justice or we'd all be in trouble on the drag strip.

lmao! I remember my mate getting a load of these of fleabay a couple of years ago for about £5. Scratched off the sh!tty black paint and tested it on a multimeter...you can get horseloads of them for pennies at RS components.

I have a K&N, but the guy i bought the C off already wacked it on - I'll still advertise the fact that Its on tho :D ha

[

And folk that drill holes in airboxes should given 30 hours community service.

On my second Corrado I didn't just drill the box, I "swiss cheesed" the bottom by drilling something like 160x 3mm holes (nicely spaced in a mesh-like effect). I can only say that, combined with a K&N panel filter produced what was easily the noisiest VR6 induction I've ever heard (and I've seen em all in the last 10 years).

So... question : What should my punishment be ?

Is this the point I suggest something inappropriate with a ping pong paddle? :D :lol:

We've all done stuff like that, it's part of the experience of owning a car you want to go faster I think. I have a K&N and an exhaust with no suitcase silencer on my valver (not my additions, the previous owners) and it made 144bhp with 180k miles on it, so I guess the chav style mods could have helped it??

I agree about the cold air feeds too, at 30mph+there must be a huge volume of air getting into the engine bay without the need for bits of puddle bothering pipe.

As i said in the VZi thread, i dont think it has made my car any quicker and if i remember correctly, Vince didnt either. It just sounds nice (at times!)

Is this the point I suggest something inappropriate with a ping pong paddle? :D :lol:

We've all done stuff like that, it's part of the experience of owning a car you want to go faster I think. I have a K&N and an exhaust with no suitcase silencer on my valver (not my additions, the previous owners) and it made 144bhp with 180k miles on it, so I guess the chav style mods could have helped it??

I agree about the cold air feeds too, at 30mph+there must be a huge volume of air getting into the engine bay without the need for bits of puddle bothering pipe.

In fact I found swiss cheesing the air box made a dramatic improvement to the car's road performance, because just about everyone could hear me coming up behind them and on dual carriageways they all pulled out of the way. Even bikers could hear it through thier lids. So there you go.

I have a CDA on ths current car and it's nowhere near as noisy!