Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Jedi-Knight's new M3... page 11

i hear what your saying about revo and if i was actually choosing from scratch again i would go with AMD again no doubt... but this was already revo'd and it seems to do the business at the moment.... the remaps on the S3's from tne audi forum seem to be 50/50 between revo and AMD actually.

18" ers are what i wanted... look better than the 17" IMO and the ride is fine.

Will be sorting out some nuespeed ARB's soon though.

Mirrors.. i think they look ok on the grey actually.. but if some other Mineral grey S3 owner takes a liking to them i may swap them again.

FMIC was what i had in mind ;)

Love that front view actually.....I'm wrong about the 17s :-) It's just me, I can't get the whole unsprung mass thing out of my head!

Good call on the Neuspeeds.....they're the best by far. The supplied spherical bearings don't last long though, keep them lubed and if you can, replace them with the SKF ones as they are the best you can get and last a lot longer.

FMIC all the way ;-)

i'll also be colour coding the gril suround like in that other pic aswell. the standard one is crome which i dont like. just the surround mind you though. leave the rings and mirrors crome i think.

A20 LEE

How much did you pay to fit your ARB's? i just got quoted £230 by a mechanic mate.. so thats not even full price!

My mate Rick fitted them, took 2hrs having never fitted a set before. He didn't actually want paying for fitting them but i insisted. Realistically you shouldn't be paying more than £60 at back street rates £100 at a dealer/independent.

I think AmD (read Geoff) extracted 300hp and 280lb/ft on a TT with a FMIC back in the days when Geoff was there and they were good. Shame he went to Canada.....they've haven't been the same since.

That's just me though.....I don't suscribe to Revo's "one chip fits all" approach. Custom all the way.

Revo actually works very well as very few people actually go further than just a map on an S3 anyway. Dubsport get 295bhp with a custom map but Mark usually backs them off to 275 for reliablity and smoother delivery. MTM do a good map 275bhp/305lbft!! Interested to see if theres any truth in that torque figure.

My mate Rick fitted them, took 2hrs having never fitted a set before. He didn't actually want paying for fitting them but i insisted. Realistically you shouldn't be paying more than £60 at back street rates £100 at a dealer/independent.

hmm well my mate used to work at VW and was saying basically what a pain the front ARB is..

i'll try some other places though.

hmm well my mate used to work at VW and was saying basically what a pain the front ARB is..

i'll try some other places though.

He's no mate wanting to charge that. Even AMD would feel guilty at that price.

after working flat out i finished the 2 cars i had booked in for taday by 4:30pm... dashed home and then spent 3 and a half hours on my Audi

Washed, Waxed, Glass polished inside and out, interior deep cleaned (was actually tons of dirt!!), leather deep clean and feed.

A few boring low light pics.

s31stclean.jpg

s31stclean1.jpg

s31stclean3.jpg

s31stclean4.jpg

s31stclean5.jpg

s31stclean6.jpg

s31stclean8.jpg

s31stclean9.jpg

jet wash under your arches and spray the plastic liner with tyre foam. Makes a big difference to how clean a car looks :wink: . Pics..

as3.jpg

as2.jpg

cheers... there all de-greased, de-tared, scrubbed and pressure rinsed.... just didnt dress them. will pop out and do it soon.

engine is all washed and dressed though. :D

Now with bluetooth handsfree and satnav :D

.. first weekend with the new car.. what better way to get to know it that to take the dash apart :)

Sat nav.... nice and simple.. just wanted to be able to power it without having to stretch a wire across from the cig lighter each time. Took drivers side dash tray off and found a live. Butchered the tomtom supplied charger and wired it in.. wire pops up neatly in drivers corner. Because i didnt want it to always be on though i ftted some tidy swithces in the cubby so i can switch it on and off.

WARNING!!! if your going to do this.. dont make the mistake i did and blow up you tomtom! :( There is a 12v - 5v adapter in the supplied lead with the tomtom one. dont connect straight to 12v without wiring this circuit board into your new lead!!! luckily i was covered by currys whatever happens accidental damage policy so an hour later i had a working unit once again :) WHOOPS!

Bluetooth... i found out that apraently a bose equipped concert HU doesnt support phone input! although you can still get it to mute when a call comes in. never mind... i installed the speaker in the cubby by the drivers door. button by the cruise stalk and mic by the drivers grab handle (but not in the way of it !)

Again... wired it into a live and put my own switch in so i can turn it on and off when i want to. I find this to be much better than ign live as then its ALWAYS connected so if you have a car full of people and get a call from your mum saying tea is ready... it can be a bit embarassing! with the switch i can choose to have it off if i wish.

Pics.

cubby where its all going on

1.jpg

right switch is for bluetooth... left is for satnav

2.jpg

out of my line of sight when driving but easy to find when a call comes in

3.jpg

i may ditch the screen mount if i find a decent dash one that is neat and tidy

4.jpg

cheers

Nathan

Resurrection time.

Looks like i'll be wiring my new tomtom up soon, any idea which live you took it from?

I might be selling my audi S3 so i can invest in a very interesting business opportunity.

CAR DETAILS

2001 Face Lift Mineral Grey Audi S3

40,000 miles

Full silver leather, electrically adjustable (standard S3 item)

Digital Climate Controll (standard S3 item)

Xenons (Standard S3 item)

18" RSTT wheels with michelin pilot sport tyres (genuine audi parts not reps)

revo remap to 260bhp with Revo SPS2 so you can turn it on and off

nokia bluetooth kit fitted

FSH inc latest 40000 mile major service

xenon motor adjusters already updated at £300 cost(common fault of this age S3)

EXTRAS FITTED BY AUDI AT TIME OF SALE

£ 400.00 6 CD Autochanger

£ 349.00 Acoustic Parking System

£ 500.00 BOSE Sound System

£ 325.00 Cruise Control

£ 801.00 Electric Slide/Tilt Glass Sunroof with Pre Select

£ 107.00 Front Centre Armrest

£ 354.00 Heated Front Seats

£ 74.00 Luggage Net

£ 241.00 Polished Aluminium Door Mirrors

thats a whopping £3151 of extras bringing the original sale price with extras £27921

The car is in excellent condition

id be after £12500 ovno

MyAudiS318.jpg

MyAudiS320.jpg

MyAudiS324.jpg

MyAudiS325.jpg

Nathan

07710 494878

Selling again so soon?! What's this business opportunity then?

Lovely car at a good price- I'm sure you won't have any probs selling :)

Selling again so soon?! What's this business opportunity then?

Lovely car at a good price- I'm sure you won't have any probs selling :)

cant say at the moment but if it goes through.. all will be announced soon enough.

id just rather use money i already have than take out extra finance to pay for the investment so the car must go... i think.. :roll: it DID take ages to find but i can always get another one or better in a few years once things take off.

jk83

Hopefully your S3 will sell better at this time of year than did my lad's.

He advertised his - similar to yours in age, mileage, colour, Rec leather but without your extras - through the depths of autumn and winter for months without luck.

He ended up having to bring price down, to £11.5 k-ish, I believe, but this brought a guy up from London by air and a deal was done.

Almost certainly, more potential buyers in your part of the world - good luck!

jk83

Hopefully your S3 will sell better at this time of year than did my lad's.

He advertised his - similar to yours in age, mileage, colour, Rec leather but without your extras - through the depths of autumn and winter for months without luck.

He ended up having to bring price down, to £11.5 k-ish, I believe, but this brought a guy up from London by air and a deal was done.

Almost certainly, more potential buyers in your part of the world - good luck!

Values of S3's has plummetted in the last 12months which i'm not very happy about.