Sign in to follow this  
diamondblack

DOWN ON YOUR KNEES & GIVE THANKS: Corrado designer interview

Interesting how he definitively lays to rest the idea that the Corrado was ever a 'follow up' to the Scirocco, and, more importantly, how he stopped the Corrado from having pop-up headlights(!).

(And his own cars sound very... green.)

th_CorradoHist013a.jpg Then again, pop-ups don't look too bad... th_CorradoHist013c.jpg

corr2.jpg

corr3.jpg

To be honest I'd rather shake his hand than get down on my knees and thank him :lol:

Read up about him ages ago 8)

Those pop up lights look pretty funky imo..

Imo corrado is def a mark 3 scirocco.reckon he wanted all the credit for being unique,I still think in standard guise the scirocco is a better drivers car,my corrado felt like a tugboat compared to my scirocco when i had them at the same time. my c is just a posher version! Evolved nice though afta a few mods! mmm revolving lights in grill...joebloggsVR69 car designer in the making :thumb right:

FINALLY!! PICS OF THIS MAN! I needed a pic of this dude so I can add him to my list of heroes and accompany a pic w/ him!

Also... pop-up headlights probably would've been hideous... Swiveling headlights could've been a 50/50 iffy deal in the sense that they would pertain the aero-dynamics of the said vehicle, however on a Corrado, it just looks.. way too different, not really vulgar, just.. different. Plus, it'd be one mroe things that would probably jump up with the spoiler and the sunroof on the break list and form the 3 most prone to break parts on a Corrado.

I have that magazine too 8)

dodge-charger-1968a.jpg

Nice number plate :o :lol:

Yeah, scat, not as in poop, but as in Scat Pack, a term used by the 68-71 Dodge muscle cars.

dodgescatpack1f2c87e21ja6.png

Also, those headlights swivel, not pop-up :)

could you imagine how many

"my pop up/swivel or whatever the 4uck lights don't work" threads on here there would be if that had come to be?!???

Common sense prevailed. :)

I used to love the dodge charger - real baddies car back tehn, especailly the headlights, which looked oh so sinister. And those chrome rims - superb. Then again i was a wee nipper back in the 70s