Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

I think your right on the colours, shame you cant make Stanford as you can park it next to mine...

Do the Supersprints sound nice??

What mileage is on yours?

here here yep defo that would be very cool and a good one for the album ;) im playing with the idea of red BBS centre badges Gareth and flush valves!!! your thoughts??

Badges are nice but not cheap and are a nice option to have for a change around but always keep the black and silver/gold, not a fan of the flush valves too much trouble for no real benefit in looks or function

Definately need to get the three of them together for pictures, let me get my exhaust first (hopefully for VW festival), we'd be the corrado version of the italian job...

I think your right on the colours, shame you cant make Stanford as you can park it next to mine...

Do the Supersprints sound nice??

What mileage is on yours?

yes the wifey did get her ear chewed abit for double booking arghhhhhh lol milegae 78000 now the timing chains are done too ive got SP 263 cam and a DG remap too which now making the car lovely to drive, the supersprint as asim and OSV will tell you is a great place of kit, i love it for several reasons 1.) its the best looking O.E tail pipe 2.) the back box is well made, 3.) sounds lovely and isnt boomy at all and it what i see as a sensible sound, ( i must be getting old lol and 4.) is a good fit and when i fitted it i found it one of the best with a little tweeting here and there lol its been on five yrs now without any probs, downside it cost a fortune and im not 100% sure if you can get em anymore??

Brilliant thanks, you can still get them but only direct from Italy, I've had a price for the backbox and centre section and its about £500

78k is low mileage, did you get the chains done because you bought cams or the other way round?

the chains were done cos the tensioner was down to the rivots lol so cam were a little bonus lol yeah i brought it at 66k five years ago, that sounds about the right price

Badges are nice but not cheap and are a nice option to have for a change around but always keep the black and silver/gold, not a fan of the flush valves too much trouble for no real benefit in looks or function

thanks for the reply, yes red badges have been calling me for a while now ;) think it will freshen up the wheels and the main reason i wanted the flush caps was for cleaning around the valve, i know just matz do them for £25 a set mmmmmmm decisions ;)

MY GOD how long i not been on here for :? christ hope all is ok, not much to update other than a new car in my life and a good cause of my Rado wobble lol

meet my new toy Edition 1 G60 in one of my favourite colours DBP;) as well as lhasa green and moonlightblue of cause lol :0

7C1D55AF-EFD7-4859-B3F2-97AF522FF9C1-1240-0000013CFE41C168.jpg

Haven't seen your Corrado in the flesh but certainly doesn't look to need a respray!

Mk2 looks nice.

na not at the mo :/ need to get it done really as once done the rado wont be mint;)

Won't be mint.....?

---------- Post added at 5:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:03 AM ----------

Haven't seen your Corrado in the flesh but certainly doesn't look to need a respray!

Mk2 looks nice.

That's the tinternet

Edited by C5 OEM

hi Chris what i think C5 OEM is trying to say is that after all it is a 19yr old car:/ the bonnet has stone chips theres a very small bubble of rust on the back tailgate and the roof lacquer is peeded and basic roof needs blowing in plus some small parking dents would need taking out. however it still in my opinion is a good car, underneath in as clean as your get with dave dewson says its one of the best he seen ive not powdercoated the rear or front sub, thats how it left the factory and 19yrs on they are still in very good condtion;) and engine wise its lovely really lovely and low mileage too. so a week in the bodyshop really and a shed load of money and it would be factory flesh again.........but thats the problem im just afraid of popping it a paint shop only for it to come back and i think bloody hell what they done to my car:( but i will bite the bullet one day and have it done in the main its a straight and true low mileage moonlight blue example which in all fairness if you look on piston heads and the like you are going to be hard pushed to find as good as example again in my opinon i sort of made the mistake of taking it to gti international after being ill a few years ago and entered it a show n shine (really only to get free tickets lol) and the car is/wasnt finished and a few people have probably seen it and throught it wasnt very good :/

plus i have a mk1 golf GTI, ED1 G60, Polo G40, THE VR6 and wife passat to maintain plus two kids so i cant spend all my hard earned cash on cars........ well just buying em lol na my attention this year is going on the...............;)

Edited by Chris Langdon

To be fair Chris, I'd say (having seen your Corrado) it has to be in one of the few percent in the country in terms of overall condition - despite these little blemishes you know about, I was very impressed when I saw it in the metal - it's an absolute beauty.

Anyway - hope you're well mate. Be good to have a look around your MK2 at some point :)

To be fair Chris, I'd say (having seen your Corrado) it has to be in one of the few percent in the country in terms of overall condition - despite these little blemishes you know about, I was very impressed when I saw it in the metal - it's an absolute beauty.

Anyway - hope you're well mate. Be good to have a look around your MK2 at some point :)

ahh mate thats very very kind yes mate all good, kids and wifey take most of my time up these days lol and you?? yeah i pop to a show in the G60, my eldest daughter loves the fact the recaro seats go up and down!!!! lol

hi Chris what i think C5 OEM is trying to say is that after all it is a 19yr old car:/ the bonnet has stone chips theres a very small bubble of rust on the back tailgate and the roof lacquer is peeded and basic roof needs blowing in plus some small parking dents would need taking out. however it still in my opinion is a good car, underneath in as clean as your get with dave dewson says its one of the best he seen ive not powdercoated the rear or front sub, thats how it left the factory and 19yrs on they are still in very good condtion;) and engine wise its lovely really lovely and low mileage too. so a week in the bodyshop really and a shed load of money and it would be factory flesh again.........but thats the problem im just afraid of popping it a paint shop only for it to come back and i think bloody hell what they done to my car:( but i will bite the bullet one day and have it done in the main its a straight and true low mileage moonlight blue example which in all fairness if you look on piston heads and the like you are going to be hard pushed to find as good as example again in my opinon i sort of made the mistake of taking it to gti international after being ill a few years ago and entered it a show n shine (really only to get free tickets lol) and the car is/wasnt finished and a few people have probably seen it and throught it wasnt very good :/

plus i have a mk1 golf GTI, ED1 G60, Polo G40, THE VR6 and wife passat to maintain plus two kids so i cant spend all my hard earned cash on cars........ well just buying em lol na my attention this year is going on the...............;)

It is indeed a good well spec`d low mileage car and like you have said in the flesh it needs a full hit to be flawless. Owning a mk1,mk2 and corrado you already have mental issues so I won`t comment further.....lol

I detailed,wet sanded and fully machine polished my mate mk2....looks great on the pictures but in real life not the best..

SAM_0321_zps54df12ef.jpg

Owning a mk1,mk2 and corrado you already have mental issues so I won`t comment further.....lol

I detailed,wet sanded and fully machine polished my mate mk2....looks great on the pictures but in real life not the best..

SAM_0321_zps54df12ef.jpg

LOL you forgot the Polo G40;)

you say my cars **** lol

true, tbh if i hadnt spent soooooo much money on the vr over the years ive owned it it probably would be up for sale or sold by now dont get me wrong i love it i really do it is probably is the best car ive driven.i just dont see the point in spending thousands on it to then sale it for someone else to enjoy it just pointless!!!!!! but the same time it is nice to have a well minted show car, for people to look at and admire, i would be lying if i said i didnt want mine to the same standard as gareths, bills or asim's old cars. but i do love getting in a car these days and not giving a ****about it where i parked it i.e polo G40/G60. ah i dont know mate will sell a car sometime and this year and may put that money towards painting her lol......... just dont tell the missus;)

Edited by Chris Langdon

Anyway forget the rado whats the deal on the mk2...!!!! looks good and what are the rs`s...?

Anyway forget the rado whats the deal on the mk2...!!!! looks good and what are the rs`s...?

ahhhh the force de la divorce lol as i call it as my wife nearly divorced me for buying it lol, even Gareth tryed talking me out of buying it lol

its a edition 1 G60 a friend owned for the last 7 years spent a shed load on the engine....... 1.9 bottom end pack 'c' head, schrick cam, stage 4 jabbasport charge SNS chip rallye intercooler , small pulley etc etc the list goes on, basically he fell out of love with it he spent £1000 on it before i brought it off him and had it rolling road etc 205bhp at the wheel i believe !!!! it pulls very very well, he wanted to go back to owning a mk1. ended up buying a mk4!!!! and he sold it to me and a good price lol

again not a bad example but not mint,its only done 125,000,miles the other day or 200,000km engine is perfect(but then it should be only being rebuilt a few years back, il put up some more pic later, interior is mint i love the eletric recaro's the chromelux glass. the RS's didnt come with the car, i sold my other set and brought these they arent the best set ive owned by the have wider dishes on the back, if funds allow il get em refurbed

Edited by Chris Langdon

ahhhh the force de la divorce lol as i call it as my wife nearly divorced me for buying it lol, even Gareth tryed talking me out of buying it lol

its a edition 1 G60 a friend owned for the last 7 years spent a shed load on the engine....... 1.9 bottom end pack 'c' head, schrick cam, stage 4 jabbasport charge SNS chip rallye intercooler , small pulley etc etc the list goes on, basically he fell out of love with it he spent £1000 on it before i brought it off him and had it rolling road etc 205bhp at the wheel i believe !!!! it pulls very very well, he wanted to go back to owning a mk1. ended up buying a mk4!!!! and he sold it to me and a good price lol

again not a bad example but not mint, engine is perfect il put up some more pic later, interior is mint i love the eletric recaro's the chromelux glass. the RS's didnt come with the car, i sold my other set and brought these they arent the best set ive owned by the have wider dishes on the back, if funds allow il get em refurbed

What model number are they...? love the look of the edition ones and always wanted one myself..... only one mk2 for me though now.....but not got enough pennies to prise it away form the owner..!!!

what do you mean model number??? yes IMO the ED1 Was the best sorted mk2

Rs047 or rs003