Sign in to follow this  
anndy

Can you afford to run a corrado, 1.11 per litre?

Thats true, I suppose if its kept on the drive its cheap motoring.

If your using the VR6 on a daily basis its going to cost a fortune to run :shock:

I bet thats cheap compared to some places in London.

Anyone from London, if so whats the price of petrol?

anndy - i was in london last weekend and stopped at a bp near earls court the petrol was 101.9 ...... cheaper than it is near southampton... so i do think it just varies on where you go tbh..

ps i agree texaco are v expensive all the time..

I paid £1.14 p/l for BP Ultimate on the way up to Stealth the other day. That was near Worcester. Only put in half a tank :lol:

For some reason, the world was napping when OPEC formed and decided to set production rates and therefore prices internally. No other industry in this world would openly get together and prescribe the price of it's products.

Yeah Ultimate is 109.8 in York.

VPower is "only" 106.2 though, what a flipping bargain. I'll last it out. My C's a daily driver but I car-share to work so in reality I only use it every other day.

The thing that's most annoying about the G60 is the piddly little fuel tank!! I always seem to be at the pump, albeit spending £30 at a time, rather than the £50 a time with the Golf!

ive had the car nearly a month now and i have put in about £90 worth of fuel, given it only gets driven properly once or twice a week, i walk to work and these nights aint good enough to just go out for a drive. so she stays locked up in a garage for most of the week :)

i was spending quite a bit running my 16v so dread to think how much its gonna cost to run my VR when i get it..im in LA at the moment and my hire car costs $30/£15 to fill up!!! english prices are a joke!

So its roughly a 10usd difference for 18 gallons between the US and the UK. Its about 3.50 per US gallon for 91 octane(the best we can get here in California).

i've been doing 500miles a week in my VR6, thing is i do have a 2nd car but never use it because its slow and doesn't handle :(

i seem to get about 300-320 from a full tank (15gallons)

I think that probably depends on haow much you use it :lol:

& probably on how much ££ you have in the bank too! :lol:

The oil prices are crazy - being masureed in dollars and with a weakening dollar the prices should really come down if anything in the UK, s compared with 4-5 months ago. At any rate tehy should stay stable and cerainly below teh £1 mark. Anyway, the accountants will come out with a lot of gibberish to justify teh 83 odd percent tax we pay on fuel and the oil barons alos need to maintain their fat cats and HUGE profit margins.

Time for some Top Gear Top Tips I think :

If you're worried about the price of fuel as it pushes past 111p a litre for super unleaded (which let's not forget is actuallyover £5 a gallon:

a) Don't fit sodding great 276 cams, as they like to slurp a bit more than your average VR6

b) Or a supercharger

c) Or a turbo...

This tip is free :o)