Sign in to follow this  
anndy

Can you afford to run a corrado, 1.11 per litre?

I suppose if an LPG conversion is possible, the cost of running a VR6 or G60 over the long term would come down?

as soon as more people start using LPG the prices will start to rise just the same as petrol, its like people run there dertvs on vegi oil because its like muchos cheapernos, as soon as the gov suss this out properly then they will make a certain grade of veg oil (for cooking) and another grade for use in cars/vans etc. and the type they make for food will have no tax or very little and the car one will have sky high tax. Cheers Gordon!

Prices are disgraceful. I couldnt afford to have my C if it wasnt a weekend/2nd vehicle.

I would have to do a Polo diesel conversion i think! :(

Where have you guys been the last two years? LPG ?? LPG...?

Previously attractive LPG prices have already been shunted up skywards by Gordon Broon. Still better than petrol I'll grant you, but the days of 27p litres are a long way behind us.

The future for a sports car like the VR6 is E85 Bio-ethanol. Cheap, green, and with a monster octane rating. Stuff LPG!

So its roughly a 10usd difference for 18 gallons between the US and the UK. Its about 3.50 per US gallon for 91 octane(the best we can get here in California).

sorry to go off topic but where in cali do you live RS VR6?? im living in burbank LA at the moment!!

Here in the US, Fort Wayne Indiana, we are running about 1.47 to a gallon which is about 3 US dollars to a gallon. 1 is gallon is about 3.7 liters. .40 to a liter here? Not to shabby.

So its roughly a 10usd difference for 18 gallons between the US and the UK. Its about 3.50 per US gallon for 91 octane(the best we can get here in California).

sorry to go off topic but where in cali do you live RS VR6?? im living in burbank LA at the moment!!

I'm in Simi Valley...about 25 mins from Burbank.

There was a huge import car meet at the Empire Center tuesday night. There was supposedly 500 cars.

ive just had to upgrade to V POWER, a bit more ££££ put she runs so much better, (no stallin) and she's worth it, lol, still gettin 35 mpg.

For some reason, the world was napping when OPEC formed and decided to set production rates and therefore prices internally. No other industry in this world would openly get together and prescribe the price of it's products.

The price of oil may well be a contributing factor in the price of petrol but the huge amount of tax we pay is by far the biggest part. Remember we are being taxed to "Save the Planet" i.e. encourage more of us to use the non-existent public transport system. Problem being that the more people that get onto buses and into more economical cars the less of us there will be left paying into the tax fund, therefore the higher the tax wil have to go to feed/clothe/house the immigrants. Anyone want to suggest a date for the £2.00 litre?

Hence why the government are so keen on marketing the idea of "global warming" so they can justify increasing/additional Tax, tax, tax to Profit, Profit, Profit.

Just like releasing all the health scare campaigns on 'social drinking at home' recently just before increasing the price of alcohol etc..

i dont care if it goes upto £2 per gallon, if i was worried about petrol consumption i would have never bought a vr6 :) and you will never catch me driving a tractor engined car :lol:

The price of oil may well be a contributing factor in the price of petrol but the huge amount of tax we pay is by far the biggest part. Remember we are being taxed to "Save the Planet" i.e. encourage more of us to use the non-existent public transport system. Problem being that the more people that get onto buses and into more economical cars the less of us there will be left paying into the tax fund, therefore the higher the tax wil have to go to feed/clothe/house the immigrants. Anyone want to suggest a date for the £2.00 litre?

Unfortunately, public transport is cack. Well, its not really, we have an extensive railway, bus and tube network here in London, the major problem is its already at bursting point and too expensive. £2 for a one way bus fare even if you only go 2 stops? Don't even get me started about the tube fares hike. And its nearly always late too. I have to get a train that is half an hour earlier because the one that I could get keeps being late and making me late for work.

Rant over. :D

As for the fuel prices, I only use the VR at the weekends so it doesn't hurt too much.

Oh, and if you want to save the planet, look at jet engines and the amount of crap they throw out. Then look at how many flights there are a day. :(

I'm in Simi Valley...about 25 mins from Burbank.

There was a huge import car meet at the Empire Center tuesday night. There was supposedly 500 cars.[/quote:2grw73x3]

i havent heard of it but 25 mins isnt far..let me know if there are any more shows/meets on, could maybe come down!

Yeah yeah, stop trying to make us jealous!

Roll on E85 I say.

being a student and owning 3 cars ..i can afford to run my G60 just about...petrol isnt the problem, its spending the money to get it to a state where i can drive it and not have that voice in my head sayin "its gona break down haha"

if petrol gets any more expensive, and i struggle...ill just eat once a day :lol: , the beer budget shall not be altered 8)

I'm just glad I don't have my G60 anymore. Using it for work everyday now would completely empty my wallet! Just don't get me started on the price of diesel!!!

I fill mine up with V-power or BP Ultimate for under 30 quid !! Can't beleive the Aussies moan about the price of petrol sometimes !!

It also depends how you drive it I guess. I manages to get 40 mpg, according to the computer, by driving for a long time at 50 on the M6, slip streaming a lorry. Very dull.

Most of the time I rag the tits off it round town. Much more fun, but only does around 21mpg. And mine's only a valver...

I treated my car to a tank full of Optimax this evening. Cost me £60!!!! That'll last me 320 miles :| Thats what you get for alignment being totally shot and the car never really getting warmed up properly on a morning :(

as soon as more people start using LPG the prices will start to rise just the same as petrol, its like people run there dertvs on vegi oil because its like muchos cheapernos, as soon as the gov suss this out properly then they will make a certain grade of veg oil (for cooking) and another grade for use in cars/vans etc. and the type they make for food will have no tax or very little and the car one will have sky high tax. Cheers Gordon!

Actually, that's one thing the government has done to favour the motorist. You can now make up to 20,000 litres of vegi-diesel for personal use and not pay tax on it. Unfortunately if you buy it from a supplier, then you still have to pay a duty of 28-odd p/litre (20 off the regular tax). Currently 79.9p/litre in York.

/Bio-diesel geekery.