Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

that beemer on top gear.....

....did you see the words on the door when it was in the pits gettin repaired!!!/// :lol:

one side had "PENIS" and the other "ARSE" "childish, i know.... :?

I'm still sold on the 500.. how cool it looked in the feature they did.

Will definately be having one of those.

Arse biscuits and Penis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality!

hammond takin out the mosler, didnt get a good look but i swear it wasnt his fault though...

how soft do i feel but was i the only one that felt moved (i think thats the word) by the effort and time they put into it, shows that they are real people and they dont get everything handed to them, they all really tried and tried for that and hammond must of felt so bad for stacking it, but they all made it in the end :D one of the best episodes of the series imo

Yeah I must say I got a lump in my throat when Clarkson was crying at the end of the race!

It's easy to think they have an easy job but seriously that must have been well gruelling! Props to Steve and the engineering team though - absolute legends!

even if you watch a film like saw, or hostel doenst it make you cringe in the slightest? all that is staged? :p hehe

i dont think that they could stage something like a proffesional championship race?. perhaps some bits were exagerated(sp?) but not staged as such.

is there anywhere i can download this? it was my gf's birthday so has been the only TG of this series ive missed and turns out it was one of the best :(

if not you'll be able to d.load it from somewhere im sure :) or you might be able to stream it from youtube etc, might take a while tho lol

if not you'll be able to d.load it from somewhere im sure :) or you might be able to stream it from youtube etc, might take a while tho lol

Nah, TG full episodes are no longer on ebay (???? sorry meant youtube), removed due to copyright something or other. :(

Why doesnt the TG website have them to download!? grrr

That particular race wasn't staged by the way, there was an article in a recent vw mag about a MK4 or MK5 diesel Golf that was competing in the same 24 hr race and the article commented, in particular, about how they had "even beaten the Top-Gear team who were competing in a diesel BMW saloon".

It's certainly on eDonkey. You can find a link through the "Running / Returning Series" forum on sharethefiles.org

That particular race wasn't staged by the way, there was an article in a recent vw mag about a MK4 or MK5 diesel Golf that was competing in the same 24 hr race and the article commented, in particular, about how they had "even beaten the Top-Gear team who were competing in a diesel BMW saloon".

You're right. The race was a bloody long way from being staged in any form, even if the pre-amble involving the build of the car did include the usual Marx brothers cocking about. There were obviously a few liberties taken with the truth in the race (eg can anyone believe that Hammond really didn't know the layout at Silverstone?) but what you couldn't forge was the fact that everyone else there was in a serious competitive race.

I have to say I tip my hat to the TG guys for taking this on as thier first "proper" motor race. Taking on a 24h is not a great way to get started IMHO, and unlike the 24h Citroen 2CV race that Hammond had done before the speeds (and differentials) between the cars are great, as was the chance of getting badly hurt if it all goes wrong. Clearly the Britcar guys were happy to accomodate the TG team (with all the associated publicity) but equally they were clearly shown no quarter on the track. It really was a baptism of fire.

Merely the fact that the drivers and team finished the race on thier first attempt is worthy of a bit of applause, as most teams don't manage that first time out and with apparently little testing in advance. I think the programme did an excellent job of balancing the usual ratings-grabbing horseplay with an interesting behind the scenes piece on the Britcar scene and the amount of work that goes into taking on 24h racing. One of the better TG episodes IMHO.

That beemer is now on ebay apparently. I wonder if they stated in the ad that it has been wee'd in by ths stig, hammond and James :lol: