Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Mazda 3.......? Test drive.......?

Well the Mrs was in a car accident on Friday in her new Polo. Some guy in a Ford Ranger pick up decided to pull out on her as she was passing the junction and went straight into the side of her Polo pushing her to the opposite side of the road and in the process screwing the full passenger side up on her car from front to back, the T*T.

She has the usual whiplash and back injury but apart from that she is fine, and thank god it was a safer new car even though classed as a small car held up pretty well, refering to the "How safe do you feel in your Corrado" thread, well, now not very.

Anyway back on topic, we have just taken delivery of our courtesy car, yes thats right a 07 Mazda 3 special lol.

Do not buy 1 they are crap, its a 1.6 and not much quicker than the 1.2 Polo, less comfort, only thing going for it is the spec, although prob all standard stuff its the usual electric everything and air con its still more than the Polo.

Which would i have if i had a choice...........

Easy, VW all the way over Jap crap.

Ahh the Mazda 3... a trulyterrible car... friends wife got one recently.. had it for 3 months and had to sell it!... it really was dangerous trying to overtake in it.. no go whatsoever!

Was it the "special 1.6" model, it is a truly, magnificently, terrible car, sooooooo gutless.

I got in saw the 8k rev limit on the RPM gauge, started the engine and it almost sounded quite fruity on 1st start up, almost got a little excited thinking it could be quite fun, i'm thinking "this might have a hint of Type R in it" (high revving VTEC beauty) sure enough it does rev high and thats it, revs and revs makes lots of noise and every1 is overtaking me.......???

Glad your misses made it out with only minor injuries. Could have been far worse.

The mazda 6 is a great car, but one of my collegues said the same about his Mazda 3 company car......and he went for the sportier option.

He changed as soon as he could, and is now in a Skoda Octavia estate. He says it's got more guts, room (obviously), comfort, and the build quailty is far superior.

For me, German all the way. My last car, a Pug 306, was written off by some muppet in a hire car. My insurance company sorted me with a Passatt Estate 2.0 TDi (auto). Brilliant car, especially for an estate, and quick. If you want a family car, one word.....Passatt!!! Eventually i had to take a car from the lease company involved, and i got (for my sins) a Vectra 1.9 CDTi. It's utter wank!!!! The Passatt beat it in every dept. Performance, comfort, economy!!!

I'm now happy again, in the seat of a Scirocco GTII!!

Oh, well, that's all useful stuff, guys. 8)

Our indispensable 17-year old Pug 205 gld keeps needing stuff replaced every month or so now, so I may be in the market for a small, quality workhorse soon.

I would go for Honda Jazz diesel - but the muppets ain't had the sense to put one out yet. :)

I picked up a Mazda 3 1.6 auto today from a customer, it was s***, end of............

An automatic? Eeeeewwwwww!!!!! Some cars should just never be allowed to have auto boxes.

I picked up a Mazda 3 1.6 auto today from a customer, it was s***, end of............

An automatic? Eeeeewwwwww!!!!! Some cars should just never be allowed to have auto boxes.

:lol: Say that when you ain't driven for seven weeks 'cos of a busted left ankle, man! :lol:

I used to agree with your sentiments, but it is always a revealing experience to view things from another perspective.

(PS - Only pulling your leg - I have been having negative thoughts since plaster cast came off and damned ankle is still a bit swollen. Still, doc says fluid can take up to six months to disperse, and I would not have been taking C out in all this salt and frost we have had, anyway.) :reindeer: joker:

:lol: Say that when you ain't driven for seven weeks 'cos of a busted left ankle, man! :lol:

I used to agree with your sentiments, but it is always a revealing experience to view things from another perspective.

(PS - Only pulling your leg - I have been having negative thoughts since plaster cast came off and damned ankle is still a bit swollen. Still, doc says fluid can take up to six months to disperse, and I would not have been taking C out in all this salt and frost we have had, anyway.) :reindeer: joker:

No offense intended my man. Just being all reactionary as usual.... :lol: Of course autos have they're place. It's just the thought of that place being a 1.6 Mazda 3....

Hope the leg gets better soon bud. It's awful waiting for something to heal, you keep telling yourself tomorrow I'll feel better, and then you wake up and it's the same. At least I was like that when I kanackered my back in ultra mega whiplash big style. And everyone around me telling me to be patient with it didn't help.