KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Its a real shame your feeling the need to sell Kip. Good luck with the sale, both of them are worth every penny and more.

Wish I had more room (and money!)

Its a real shame your feeling the need to sell Kip. Good luck with the sale, both of them are worth every penny and more.

Wish I had more room (and money!)

definitely this ^^^

Sad times but a hell of a run mate.

Hi Kip, sad to see you thinking of selling , I know from recent experience that you will have thought long and hard about it.

Just don't do what I did , sold mine 6 months ago and now find myself with another as I missed it so much.

Perhaps you could keep just 1 for shows (love the Nugget personally)even though I have another Black one! and get something completely different as a daily ?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Daren

Both the VR6 and the Nugget will be advertised for sale soon. :(

Pretty much everything you need to know about both cars is in here but any questions please ask.

£7.5k ono For the Nugget

£13k ono For the VR6

Obviously something very serious happening to make you sell up Kip, I bid you good luck what ever............ although I'm surprised that Jim has let your gallery become a for sale thread!!

GLWS. The prices for these 2 cars could act as a good sign for how the wider market is going. Ie: Top end pushing up prices of regular well looked after cars

It isn't really a for sale thread, just advising I'm selling.

When I get the chance I'll create an advert as required.

Apologies I never thought :/

My head is elsewhere I'm afraid.

Edited by KIPVW

Shame to see your selling up kip!? I'm guessing Jude isn't? How many do you actually have now? I'm guessing your it leaving ownership totally

5 between us including the 2 8v daily's.

Yeah bit sad about it but needs must.

I'll still have the daily though and it's a great car but selling the VR will be a real heartache.

How long you had the VR now Kip? I have some photos in an album upstairs from the early 2000's before your private plate on!

Hopefully after Stanford you may change your mind about it.

Bought it in June 1999 so 16 years this year.

Won't be at Stanford mate. Tour de Yorkshire coming to town :)

Sorry to see this both cars are amazing wish I had the dosh for the nugget I love it. Billcor easy mate don't think kip was trying to use member thread to sell car ;)

Not been on here for a while but done a little tinkering with the 8v that was David's recently.

The front engine mount was clearly on its was out and getting worse by the day so off into the garage loft to dig out the Vibratechnics front mount that I had fitted to a previous 8v i had

(silver one) which i broke for spares a while back. Fitted this pretty easily one evening after work and wow what an improvement, the one that came off was literally in 2 pieces lol! Couldn't have been much worse really and drives great now.

Also recently changed the header tank as it was a little manky and hard to see the coolant so a new one from the bay of hope and a new blue cap for that was done too.

Ironically a couple of weeks later the water flange on the front of the engine sprang a leek so that too was changed which cost £6.59 delivered. Who says vw parts are expensive :)

Was easy to fit too but getting the water pressure right was less so, hopefully that's ok now but flushed a lot of crap out of the system so will run it a week till it settles then refill with correct amount of coolant.

Had another good session this morning too changing the rear discs and pads as you do.

Seem to find this job so easy and quite therapeutic now as i must have done 25 sets now over the years lol! Not to mention having the right tools to hand too, that sykes pickevant windback tool i bought for £20 about 25 years ago has been a godsend not to mention the irwin bolt grippers when needed :)

Luckily David applied plenty of copper grease so the carrier bolts that usually get stuck came out easily enough this time.

Still plan to sell the VR & Nugget though as don't have much time these days :/

Edited by KIPVW

Well it looks like i've sold the Nugget this week :( Sad day and i'll miss it terribly but it's going to the very best home it could have so relieved in that respect.

Just the VR Now then to go.

Edited by KIPVW

Get em both sold. Then buy a scruffy VR to start over on and tinker with in the evenings :)