Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

The 4mo has gone the journey.......

You could actually make that quite cool looking mate, and colour coded LMs would defo make a huge improvement over standard.

Keep us updated. You on MKIVs.net?

Hey mate i'm diggin your beigeness.....I actually had a '02' plate 3 door 1.8T in that very same colour before the corrado & i thought it was great, mind not many others did like :?

Defo go for the LM's & it will transform it, i like it btw :thumbleft:

Andy

Well.........its gone already, it just never really lived up to my hopes so thought i would cut my losses sooner rather than later, infact i made a slight profit on it :lol: :lol:

So its back to the drawing board & its currently running between my head which is saying golf 150 gt tdi & my heart which is shouting out for another creamy VR6 &the latter is starting to win over i think 8)

There are some cracking ones up in the classifieds at the minute, also seen one thats just been put up on clubgti.com in silver, if i had the skills i would put a link up for any thoughts on it.....but i ain'y got the skills :(

Any thoughts on which direction to go ?

Andy

There are some cracking ones up in the classifieds at the minute, also seen one thats just been put up on clubgti.com in silver,

Do you mean this one?

It doesn't sound too bad, and with the problems listed you could possibly beat the price down to £3k. The lack of interior pictures makes me wonder about the state of the inside though - especially as it states there are some trim bits missing.

If you don't do too many miles, then I'd probably go with a corrado (vr6 or not) over a golf - or else you might end up in the same position again and not really enjoy the car after a couple of months - back to square one.

There are some cracking ones up in the classifieds at the minute, also seen one thats just been put up on clubgti.com in silver,

Do you mean this one?

It doesn't sound too bad, and with the problems listed you could possibly beat the price down to £3k. The lack of interior pictures makes me wonder about the state of the inside though - especially as it states there are some trim bits missing.

If you don't do too many miles, then I'd probably go with a corrado (vr6 or not) over a golf - or else you might end up in the same position again and not really enjoy the car after a couple of months - back to square one.

Thats the one mate, cheers for that.

Yeah i would like to see the interior aswell but allowing to spend a little bit on the problems mentioned its probably not a bad price in my view, if i went for a corrado it wound definately be a vr6 though!!

shame about the 4mo mate, but I know where you're coming from. £3k for that C seems decent to me, as it'll leave you some money to do as you feel to it. Also, depending how much you've got from your golf sale, you could stick a 24v in it :wink:

shame about the 4mo mate, but I know where you're coming from. £3k for that C seems decent to me, as it'll leave you some money to do as you feel to it. Also, depending how much you've got from your golf sale, you could stick a 24v in it :wink:

I like the way you think Stan :wink:

That silver VR does look nice allthough i'd be wary of the rust, just looking at the pic it looks like the cars had an accident repair on the n/s rear quarter and if it's rusting it can't have been done perfectly - something to be wary of.

I think Dinkus will be having a siver VR6 up for sale sooner or later, and I dare say it'll be cheaper than that one too :)

Glad to hear you're coming back to the rado anyway - it's looking like i'll have to be bowing out for a bit soon in favour of a larger and newer car but i'm sure i'll be back into them in a few years like most people :)

did u buy the 4mo off of a guy on Edition 38? if so I was seriously interested in that... bloody bargain with that spec and mileage... very nice looknig car... is the 4 wheel drive good???

did u buy the 4mo off of a guy on Edition 38? if so I was seriously interested in that... bloody bargain with that spec and mileage... very nice looknig car... is the 4 wheel drive good???

No mate i was that guy selling it..... :lol: :lol:

Ionly had it about 5 weeks, seriously good car, fantastic torque & traction, horrific economy (made the vr seem like a bloody micra or something), at the end of the day i found the car a little too modern for me if that makes any sense, i prefer the feeling of driving the car as opposed to computers driving it :?

So it was a short lived love affiar with the 4mo but at the end of the day i still think i have unfinished business with the corrado (sounds a bit naff i know!)

If you were interested you should have gave me a call, it went to the first guy that came to see it & he was impressed to say the least.

Andy

Thanks for all the thoughts on that silver VR, i was a little wary of the rust situation myself but after listening to your comments i decided not to pursue it,........but i have bought another one already :lol: :lol:

Watch this space 8)

Details??

Knew youd end up with another but not that quickly...

Neither did i mate :lol: these bloody corrado's have got alot to answer for.

All i'll say is its known to the forum & details will follow when i pick it up wed or thurs.....i feel like a kid at christmas now, don't think i'll sleep till then :lol:

Look forward to finding out.. Is it a local one???

Yeah mate, you'll know which one it is anyway....ive always been crap at keeping secrets anyway :D

you can tell people you know andy, you'll not temp fate!!! fingers crossed i can get it sorted for you quick as poss!!! i'm just glad its going to a good home!!!

you can tell people you know andy, you'll not temp fate!!! fingers crossed i can get it sorted for you quick as poss!!! i'm just glad its going to a good home!!!

Bit of an ironic statement really, it was involved in a shunt this morning on the way to the garage where it was getting a minor repair :( , i was going to pick it up from the garage aswell.

I think it'll be going up to corrado heaven after seeing a pic Garry sent me :( :(

I'll let Garry post up the details if he comes on here any time.

But needless to say i am on the lookout again for a nice Vr6........