foster

Expensive habit.

...Well its in bits at the moment! Interior is being given a major tart up, fitted a moonroof and Got some new wheels, cleaning bbs SUCK, so I'm getting shot of them! Hopefully It'll be all together in a week, its been sat outside for 2 months in pieces doing my head in and I cant wait to drive it again.

I honestly cant remember how much the engine work came to, I'll dig the receipt out. Was around £3000 I think.

Really gonna hate taking the bbs off but to be honest I'm bored of them and what I've got waiting to go on are pretty special.

Thanks for the love. :camp:

£3000!!!! :shock:

you must really love your rado

well if you take the car to a southwest car meet then let me know as would love a closer look

cant wait to see what these "special" wheels are guna be

did you say you were planning to get rid of the g60 number plate????

Yeah the numberplate doesnt really suit the car anymore :lol:

I was getting quotes of £5000 to £6000 for the engine so was pretty pleased with what I paid.

Hey Alex

Don't suppose you're heading up to Editon38, we've still got your charger and manifold! lol

Hello Kaz,

Cars in pieces at the moment! To be honest it has been for a while. Loads of little disasters so I decided to go to town on it. Absolutely none of them are to do with the engine though, promise. Mostly interior. Should be together in a few weeks, next year for edition! Soon as its drivable I'll give one of you a ring and arrange a time to come down.

Well I got bored of the oem+ look pretty quickly, I kept seeing rados that were pulling off Rm's better than mine so got on the hunt for some new rims. Also picked a new interior up earlier in the year and have been retrimming lots of stuff to suit it. And a Moonroofs gone in.

What started up as a potentially quick and cheap project has now officially wrecked my savings, but its been worth it.

Us front bumper is getting fitted tomorrow and hopefully over the weekend I'll clean it and get some pictures up of the car as it is so far.

Heres so in progress pictures, some are over 6 months old.

DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0553.jpg

DSCF0996.jpg

01102009016.jpg

01102009017.jpg

01102009018.jpg

Well back to my favourite car park for some pictures of the Full interior change, Passat sunroof, New wheels, New arches and a US front bumper.

Im going to get some bigger spacers all round as the arches were done to clear 225 tyres, now ive got 205s and lots of room!

SNC12008.jpg

SNC12009.jpg

SNC12010.jpg

SNC12012.jpg

SNC12014.jpg

ALL ABOUT THE GIRTH

SNC12015.jpg

SNC12017.jpg

SNC12018.jpg

SNC12021.jpg

SNC12025.jpg

SNC12027.jpg

SNC12028.jpg

SNC12030.jpg

SNC12031.jpg

SNC12035.jpg

Hey Alex,

looking good mate, but don't bother with spacers, just drop the thing another 20mm and it will look bang on!!

So did you do the trimming yourself?, rope your missus in?!!! :D

Yeah look out for the T5 (not to be confused with another white one in Swanalooloo on range rover wheels), mines got the Caravelle front bumper swap, semi debadged back, about 90mm lower on the KW V3s!! with fat bm 6 series rims, going to Paul on wens for Zenons and a couple of other bits, it has developed a rattle on start up when it's really cold, hope its not too expensive!!

So you just got fed up of cleaning the bbs? probably sensable for the winter, i've got a set of RS's but when there on and it's all done i'll only run it in the dry 8)

Yeah I just wanted a change really so the bbs had to go. I've always wanted a set of these so when they turned up at a stupidly low price I had to have them, put the final nail in the coffin for the rms. Cleaning them is a full time occupation.

I bought the seats and doorcards already trimmed but did the pillars, headlining and parcel shelf.

Im really sketchy about lowering it more because of the sump. But I might have a quick go at the weekend.

Good luck with the T5 $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Im getting my first place and cold do without the fuel bill!

Not 100% yet, Im driving it like a grandma to see if it can get a decent mpg.

How you getting on with the seats? Im going to do Nikkis mini seats soon I think.

Two months on and It hasn't sold, started thinking I may keep it,

Im just after some ideas of what I could do cheaply (under £500) this year cosmetically, I have a few Ideas- wheels need a refurb either chrome powdercoat all over or white dishes with blue spokes (probably do white wing mirrors too) sump guard and lower it more (although it being so low is one reason I want shot?!)

I dunno, Id just be interested in other peoples thoughts, to try and regain my love.

thanksyou

Alex

i have to admit of all the cars i have sold most people want em standard and unmodified there really is only a select few that

will understand and appreciate the mods you have done which really has narrowed your market for sale :(

Sure, at the end of the day its my car, made to my taste.

20vt rados just dont seem to be selling full stop.

Ah well. What to do with it now though seeing as Im stuck!

Sure, at the end of the day its my car, made to my taste.

20vt rados just dont seem to be selling full stop.

Ah well. What to do with it now though seeing as Im stuck!

why where you selling ?? bigger family , bored with it , wanted new challenge ??

Have to use it as a daily but don't want to have to clean it all the time.

Also quite fancy an estate as I've just started playing double bass and its daft knocking the interior around with it!

Also just dont want to keep spending cash on it.