Sign in to follow this  
task

cheapest car in the world.

Extremely fit for purpose for intended market - nice to see a manufacturer being brave and thinking about potential customers in its home market.

Will never be sold outside of India irrespective of what Tata themselves say - the cost of re-engineering it to pass emissions and safety standards almost certainly rule it out. Got to admit its better than the only other affordable mode of transport for most Indian families - a moped

Extremely fit for purpose for intended market - nice to see a manufacturer being brave and thinking about potential customers in its home market.

Agreed. Its a good job "petrol heads" aren't in charge of marketing appropriate vehicles for certain markets!

Even with the cost of labour in Bangladesh I think its prett amazing that a brand new car can be built for £1300

It my look a little dodgy, but I still think that it's quite an amazing achievement to make a new car for nearly £1000 and make money on it. Hats off I say.

If I only had to drive in a very busy city and I wanted a very CHEAP means of transport that provided some protection against the weather I would have one of these at that price.

Thank God I don't have to get across Bristol city centre any more.