Sign in to follow this  
VR6C

First P reg rado ive ever seen!!

What exactly is a P reg? Pardon my n00bishness...

Most of the last Corrado's were on an N reg (1995-1996), but a few came out on P reg plates, (1996-1997). I guess there was a delay in having these few registered, and as such they're a bit of a rarity...

HTH. :D

Most of the last Corrado's were on an N reg (1995-1996), but a few came out on P reg plates, (1996-1997). I guess there was a delay in having these few registered, and as such they're a bit of a rarity...

Indeed, the final cars rolled off the production line in May 1995 (mine is one of these, in fact), so anything that wasn't registered till August 1996 was kicking around unused for a long time ..

And for the benefit of the US guy - for a long time in the UK, the first (or last) letter of your number plate used to signify which year the car was registered in.

Over the years I've seen four or five P-platers. They're unusual for sure, as only one of the ones I've seen was a Storm.

Although the production run ended in the late summer of 1995, cars were still being delivered to dealers and sold as late as April 1996 (when N-prefixes were still in use). Many years ago when this was debated over campfires the suggestion was made that when VW finally pulled the car from sale that a few dealers who were still holding unregistered cars decided to keep them for a few months longer and use the P-prefix as a final incentive to move them on.

Certainly the people I've met who've owned them have all been very aware of (and proud of) thier unusual P-registrations.

John