Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

All the parts you might need after a respray

Right, so we were thinking that it'd be useful to compile a definitive list of trim bits you might need after having a full respray, along with their Corrado-tax prices.

So here's what I've got so far... (excuse the formatting)

[code:t7uahe5d]Qty Part number colour option approx price Description from ETKA Helpful extra info

2 535 837 911 A

Dom, I've got a much bigger list somehwhere...

FYI - I spent about a grand but didn't do any of the door deals, that was 4 years ago too and VW prices have gone up since!

Dutch has got one too, so it'd be good to compile a definitive list... preferrably in the next week or two, so I can get my bits ordered :lol:

i had roughly the same list a month ago when i ordered my bits from VW, you may also need a new sunroof seal, my list missed out the door seals as i bought some a while ago but came in just short of 1400... :( its an expensive game, but 2nd hand bits just wont do....

the plastic bit for the rear number plate, always breaks when you take it off. about 60 quid from dealer

Just to warn you Dom (not sure if you've ordered or not yet) that the € on er.. the catalogue we have access too.. price is normally the same as the £ price. Prior to doing my suspension work we priced up €210 in bits. Actual price from VW was £211. Thankfully they sorted me out with a discount.

Just to let you know, if you can't get a discount out of your dealer, mine gives me at least 10% - I got £30 off that £211 order. If you want me to order all the kit from my local dealer it could save you some money!

Yeah, my yokel stealers are about the same in £ as those are in €, but I've had a quote from GPC for all of those bits and the exchange rate is about right. Sadly not much cheaper though :(

Happy to get it all priced up at my local Stealer if it helps Dom? It might save you a few quid!

Good idea. I'll type my list and prices up this weekend (really busy at the mo.)

All my prices are from the local dealer. If I ask they will make a list and print it out for me, even if I don't order anything.

All VW dealers will (should) give you 10% if you ask. I think they add 10% to their prices to cover this though :)

A mate of mine is a VAG mechanic and own's a Corrado too so I order most parts thourhg him as he gets up to 40% discount depending on the part :D

Also, the importer sets the base price, so all dealerships *should* charge the same. Obviously some add their 10% so they can give it back to you to make you feel like you've won something and hence return ;)

Dutch

Hello all

Just found this thread which looked useful for me as i'm getting new paint soon.

Anyone got a bigger list yet ??

Whats the deal with the Door sill scuff plate thingo's, are late ones available still ?

Matt

Ooh hello - long time no see!

I believe both early and late door sill covers are available, but the early ones seem to be more popular as they've got Corrado written on them, rather than just being stripes.

Hi Dinkus :salute: , long time indeed, are you still a man of double silver Corrado's !?? Did you get one resprayed in the end?

Cheers for the info, never realised the later ones didn't have the Corrado script. :o

...never realised the later ones didn't have the Corrado script. :o

pedantic, but the pre 92 cars had the same part as the late cars, seems it's the 92-94 ones that have the 'Corrado' script on them.