Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

New cars for the year

Just been reading this weeks Auto Express and it has a cool little pull out with spy shots of secret new cars. Looks like it's gonna be an interesting year. Jim if you're serious about the 500 you've got to wait for the Abarth mate. 0-60 in 8 seconds in that little thing. Awesome.

There's a really interesting Audi proto car that nobody knows what it is but apparently it's due in 2010. There's the R8 V10 which looks just like the V8.

Ferrari are building a new Dino out this year. That's the first I've heard of it which disturbs me a little. How have I missed that? :?

VW wise there is the mk6 golf. Disguised but it looks a bit bland in the exposed areas. Not too sure about that, the next mk3 maybe? There's the desert pics of the Scirocco on ickle wheels wearing bondage gear. And the Passat coupe which I've seen properly and looks like a good effort. Here's hoping it's not another Phaeton. Which it won't be as long as it's priced properly, and if they give it an R36 engine, which I understand they will.

There's the Porsche Panamera V10, which just doesn't look right from what I can see. If they were going to make a saloon they should have just had the balls to make a saloon. Not a saloon-coupe hybrid thing.

Most exciting for me is the Lexus LF-A Supercar. Mmmmmm, V10 powered Lexus bad ass 225mph supercar. Want. And it's sure to give us Rado owners automatic spoiler envy on a scale not seen since the Veyron. I am potentially completely and utterly alone in my love of Japanese cars on here, but I can live with that.

Also the Nissan GT-R. Also want. But no grey imports as Nissan will crush anybody caught doing it for profit.

And lastly the Jag XFR. I think the XF is gorgeous (especially compared to the S-Type) and this one has an R so it's bound to be even better.

Shonkyness is provided courtesy of the BMW X1 :pukeright:, the BMW X6 :pukeright:, and the BMW PAS :pukeright:.

I'm definately serious about the Fiat 500 but my original idea was for a cheaper, daily driver - I don't think the Arbarth would make the cut in that respect somehow so whenever I do have the money, it'll be the 1.2 or 1.4 N/A version I eventually go for!

Also worthy of mention is the Iroc (of course) - not out this year as such, but getting unveiled at the Geneva motorshow....

Also worthy of mention is the Iroc (of course) - not out this year as such, but getting unveiled at the Geneva motorshow....

There's the desert pics of the Scirocco on ickle wheels wearing bondage gear.

:lol: All the words Jimbo :lol:

There's the desert pics of the Scirocco on ickle wheels wearing bondage gear.

:lol: All the words Jimbo :lol:

Jim I'm so offended. You mean you just skimmed through my post without reading it word for word?... I'm shocked and appalled. :wink: :lol:

Doh.. sorry mate.. I didn't read it word for word. I do tend to skim posts quite often! I saw the Fiat stuff, the Golf MK6, Ferrari, Porsche and Lexus stuff (as well as the BMW bashing) but somehow the Iroc comment completely passed me by!

Doh.. sorry mate.. I didn't read it word for word. I do tend to skim posts quite often! I saw the Fiat stuff, the Golf MK6, Ferrari, Porsche and Lexus stuff (as well as the BMW bashing) but somehow the Iroc comment completely passed me by!

:lol: Is cool man. I'll forgive you. Just this once....

Just seen some pics of the Alfa 8C - now that is gorgeous. Apparently they're only making 500 and all of em are sold!

http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept-cars/2004-09-8c-competizione/Alfa_Romeo_8C_Competizione_4.jpg

I agree. It's a Peach. Wasn't sure at first but now I love it. And I'm sure when I see one for the first time in real life it will result in trouser related embarrassment.

The word is that the IROC is pretty much going to make it to Production with hardly any changes from the show car that VW unveiled 18 months ago. The only shame is that initially it's only going to be available with a 2.0FSi engine or the poxy 1.4 twincharger.

The R32 / R36/ rumoured Turbo R32 model is still another couple of years away alas.

Let's hope this retarded marketing strategy doesn't suffocate IROC sales in the same way that the Corrado's suffered 20 years ago prior to the VR6.

Let us all pray... hands together and kneel folks...

Wow.. I have to say, that is a pretty car! I've never been big on Alfa's (apart from the GTV's) but that is sweet.

The only shame is that initially it's only going to be available with a 2.0FSi engine or the poxy 1.4 twincharger.

There are rumours of a 2.0 litre TDI as well. 168bhp. Wow. From what I've heard the 2.0TFSi is the slightly updated one going into the mk6 GTI. It's slightly up on ponies over the mk5 so that'll be none to shabby hopefully. Think it'll have the same sort of output as the Edition 30 if memory serves. About 225bhp.

Cue Andy665 to tell me I'm talking a load of rubbish.... :lol:

I've put a deposit down on one, it's refundable so I'll wait to see what it's like before taking the plunge. Should be available Sept and they only have 6 coming in my dealer for the rest of the year so will be pretty scarce.

I've put a deposit down on one, it's refundable so I'll wait to see what it's like before taking the plunge. Should be available Sept and they only have 6 coming in my dealer for the rest of the year so will be pretty scarce.

Nice one. I was gonna do the same but for various reasons I didn't end up doing so. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for next year. Which does give me time to save up a bigger deposit which is always good.

I know how many have been allocated to the Retailers in my area - should be a couple of thousand available this year.

Rumour is that the engines will be 1.4 Twincharger, 2.0 TDi and the 2.0 TFSi (either in 200PS or 230PS). Seems unlikely it will get anything bigger due to potential clashes with the TT but I suppose that could change.

Six pot or not it's got to be done. I'm only going to see one on the road and lust after it. I might as well resign myself to it now and start saving. If I can resist getting another Rado and just use my company car I reckon I can save up loads by the time they are a bit more readily available. If I can resist buying another Rado.... But I can get my coupe fix at the weekends with my girlfriend's Celica.

Celica.

Get out. :lol:

Buy an Iroc...dooooooooo it ;)

:lol: Ok, ok, I'll do it. But they're not out for ages yet. Just nobody is allowed to come near me in a VR6, ok? It's a long time before the Iroc comes out and I'm weak of will.