Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

And POC is a personal reg, it stands for Piece of cr@p :lol:

like it. mines bright fookin red with PMS :lol:

could be worse

:lol:

Go to Coningsby regularly mate but try not to stay overnight if I can help it. Went out with Jed just before xmas though, dont have your number though matey, PM it to me and I'll give you a shout next time :wink:

I keepp bumping into Jed on Waddington, I cant believe he's got rid of the purple puller :lol:

If you give us a shout when your down I'll take you out for a blast in the Rado 8)

The engine's cerinly getting some use :D Really glad I got this now, thought I'd miss the G60 more than I am :lol:

Glad now th eice is gone and I can start using the throttle again :lol:

Im glad you decided to dump the grenade as they are useless after you have gone turbo and seen what can be achieved. Also it would have cost you proper shed loads if you did what you wanted to do.

Did you get the rev counter working yet?

Still need to post you some stuff..... :roll:

Not sorted the rev counter yet, still need to call Kev back at Jabba and give him a reminder :D

Not really needed a rev counter the last few weeks in this weather.

My original plans were a little stupid :brickwall: Now realise it would have been a crime to change this engine, although my missus did say it wasnt very quick..until I turned the boost right up :lol:

You see thats the beauty of it, boost turned down and its really progressive just like the charger was, like i said boring.

Turn it up and all hell breaks loose.

Failed the MOT today, play in the rear wheel bearings and he ripped the handbrake handle off the floor of the car :?

Going to try and tighted the bearings, if not it'll be new bearings and discs. :(

Has anyone ever not had that advisory on older VW's? I get that with every MOT but they are always going to have a little play.

I've had "Rear bearing play" 4 times in 7 MOTs.

I have to explain to them how taper bearings work and they're like, "Oh, right, fair enough then, it's a PASS". :roll:

I just think some testers are either too young or too stupid to understand them.

Excessive play is a valid failure, but there should always be a slight amount of play, otherwise they just overheat and fail pretty quickly.

I've had "Rear bearing play" 4 times in 7 MOTs.

I have to explain to them how taper bearings work and they're like, "Oh, right, fair enough then, it's a PASS". :roll:

I just think some testers are either too young or too stupid to understand them.

Excessive play is a valid failure, but there should always be a slight amount of play, otherwise they just overheat and fail pretty quickly.

Although the set-up technique for tapered rears is a little open to error 'shove a screwdriver and do it up until you can't move the thrust washer with one finger..' :)

I'll admit that when I jacked it up when I got home there was movement in the rear wheels, but now I've got the biggest torque bar on them, there's no movement now :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, only took 1/8 turn to get rid of the excessive movement.

Just need to work out how to reattatch the handbrake lever now :?

My handbrake came off the floor too, its the flimsy metal thats welded to the floor that fails, just takes a couple of spot welds and your good to go.

Yer, like it's put in with a kitkat wrapper.

Bit pi$$ed that the tester ripped it off, and then failed it on excessive handbrake travel!

:clap: Passed!! :clap:

Just got back from the re test, sailed through.

Going to treat her to a wash as she's a little mucky and a full take of V Power :D

Yer, like it's put in with a kitkat wrapper.

Bit pi$$ed that the tester ripped it off, and then failed it on excessive handbrake travel!

Mine did that as well a couple of years back.... Ended up welding a couple of thick washers in as anchor points. Not going anywhere now :)

So you coming for my dash now and wings lol

Hopefully :wink:

Been thinking of modding the front bumper to allow more air onto the intercooler. There seems a few different options, Rileys mesh option, JMC mounting a grill down there or cutting out the recess completley. I fancied keeping the front end standard looking, so I'm now looking at removing the number plate recess, but putting the number plate back in the gap, only mounted flush with the rest of the bumper.

This should give about 1/4" gap around the edge for air to flow around, even move the plate forward sightly to allow more air past.

As yet this is just an idea in my head, no idea of how it will look yet :lol:

I should have just brought your whole car :D

I may well take that too. i'm just waiting for a work expenses claim to be paid and I'll be in contact :wink:

Good news on the pass!

As for front end airflow, I still am undecided as to if the bottom grill and top grill don't end up creating less airflow at speed as they are being force into the radiator area. I still think a complete undertray from the bottom of the splitter back to the bulkhead will give a much better passage of airflow through the engine bay resulting in more air over the intercooler and radiator.

Not tried that yet though :)

It would be quite interesting to find out how much difference the undertray would make.

Considering some new wheels at the moment, whilst I love how the Borbet look, I fancy something a little different.