Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Headliner Cleaning

As mine looks like its never been cleaned as it has the usual black grubby marks on it what is a good way and product to do it.

I've cleaned mine loads of times mate (I have the window / sunroof open all year round) with a wet cloth and it hasn't sagged yet :-)

Jetwash? :lol:

Or wait till the sunroof breaks then whilst it's out to fix that clean it then!

Its already broke and im not looking forward to doing it :(

Autoglym interior cleaner and a slightly damped cloth bought out unbelievable amounts of crap from my headlining! Another reccommended product! :)

I know it probably seemed like a stupid question but i was just seeing if there was something to make the job simple, painless and quick and easy to do.

I guess it's just one of those jobs you have to do - no real shortcuts! I did it on a nice warm summers afternoon and had some good tunes on the stereo and all the doors/boot open.. took about an hour to do it fairly fastidiously but really brightened up the interior so worth it! :)

lol, i know its 1 of those jobs to just get stuck into but no point in making more work for yourself than needed.

I used this junk called "Black Magic" or "Midnight Magic" (one of the two). It did nothing except stink up my car and leave spots where it dripped off.

I used this junk called "Black Magic" or "Midnight Magic" (one of the two). It did nothing except stink up my car and leave spots where it dripped off.

SOoo, do you recommend it? :lol:

One of the best products i have found for cleaning dirty marks off carpet and headlinings are bog standard baby wipes!!! wring them out a bit before you use them and they are brilliant! and cheap about £3 for a big packet :lol:

One of the best products i have found for cleaning dirty marks off carpet and headlinings are bog standard baby wipes!!! wring them out a bit before you use them and they are brilliant! and cheap about £3 for a big packet :lol:

I'll have to give that ago first! Mine's been out for welding and it's minging. We like cheap but effective options. :lol:

I really must sort out my wiring/plugs and get that and the rest of the interior back in. :(

should have done it when ya switched the interior round?

just get the sunroof fixed then do it mate (then i'll fetch mine round an you can fix mine :lol: )

It's not too bad a job to do to be honest, as long as you leave a day or so aside for fiddling around.

I tried to clean mine with hot soapy water and it just left water marks because I'm a dufus :( and I'm not much good at cleaning. Can I get them out or are they there forever to remind me of my sheer incompetence?

It's not too bad a job to do to be honest, as long as you leave a day or so aside for fiddling around.

I second that! Best done on a warm day though bit of heat helps with manipulating some of the Pillar plastics.

And as you have to get the lining out to do it.. two Vultures, one Boulder... simple!

They are much easier to clean out the car and they dry quicker too!