boost monkey

Project Plum - The Plan of Attack

Ok, so here's the cross member before:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcross1.JPG[/attachment:blklhxj1]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcross2.JPG[/attachment:blklhxj1]

and after:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcrossnew1.JPG[/attachment:blklhxj1]

crossnew2.JPG[/attachment:blklhxj1]

Came up nice! Gonna order some more bushes and bolts, then it'll be ready :clap:

The difference between Gary and Dave is phenominal!

I order stuff via email from dave, and he always replies to say he received the order and gives me a date it will be in.

Gary doesnt reply even if you send him a few emails to check, and doesn't let you know when stuff is in.

Maybe we are just spoilt by Daves greatness!

We sure are :D they texted me this morning to tell me one of the parts is in, Gary doesn't contact _at all_

I like the way Dave looks like baldrick, gives him an added charm don't you think?

how is your steering column issue going btw, poll?

anyways, back on topic. Done a few little things this afternoon:

removed the rounded battery clamp bolt with bro's Erwin and found this underneath (WARNING! it ain't pretty...)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdftray1.JPG[/attachment:39p749bm]

tray2.JPG[/attachment:39p749bm]

:pale: I'm hoping I will be able to sort this when I remove the front end for replacements (next few months). Replaced the clamp and rounded bolt with the one from the cut-up car :wink:

I also went and picked up a new gearchange turret top from VW as mine was smashed before I got the car so my reverse lights have never worked. Hope to fit that soon.

Might even wash it before the day is out! Gorgeous weather today :clap:

perrttttyyyyy crossmember :camp:

looking awsome chic

whats the plan next then, get more bits up haha :wink:

looking good bud,most battery trays are like that now,mine had one samll pin hole (thank god!) but its going to be covered by bits anyway,i used Kurerust(spelling?) great stuff rust will never resurface! :grin:

Kurust?

I'm thinking i'll have it cut out and have the one from the scrapper shell put in.We cut out the entire inner wing, and i'm hoping if i take it to a body that they would be able to weld just the battery tray section in for me.

But it's down the line in the list of things to do!

Kurust?

I'm thinking i'll have it cut out and have the one from the scrapper shell put in.We cut out the entire inner wing, and i'm hoping if i take it to a body that they would be able to weld just the battery tray section in for me.

But it's down the line in the list of things to do!

yea i think its Kurust,you can buy the battery reapir trays new from VW...I have a new Mk2 one think its the same as a corrado...?

battery repair trays!!! that makes a LOT of sense... seems like i have a s/h inner wing going spare then :brickwall:

any idea on part #? can't find it under Body on VAGCAT and i'm a 'CAT whore!

Kurust is like a rust treatment that you paint on. its made my hammerite so its good stuff, another one to keep your eye out for is Jenolite. cant think who thats made by but its supposed to be good aswell. :)

Ah yeah, I've used it, was trying to remember the spelling! :? Cheers phil :D

I used that kinda stuff on the cross-member up there ^^^, it worked well on the surface rust but did next to nothing on the penetrative rust, so I washed it all off and then wire wheeled the big rust and spray hammerited it after that (satin finish, none of this gloss nonsense!)

I'm thinking about trying some paint stripper on the rad support just to get it completely bare metal (NitroMors perhaps?) and then start the refurb from there.

Ok, so here's the cross member before:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcross1.JPG[/attachment:1zr8uppk]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcross2.JPG[/attachment:1zr8uppk]

and after:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcrossnew1.JPG[/attachment:1zr8uppk]

crossnew2.JPG[/attachment:1zr8uppk]

Came up nice! Gonna order some more bushes and bolts, then it'll be ready :clap:

Nice Slippers dude :)

dropped my spare alternator yesterday, but thought nothing of it.

Just checked it and the blades on the pulley end are catching on the body now when you spin it, so probs binnable.

If anyone wants it to use as an exchange one at a shop, PM me.

Thanks, I'm going for the yeti look! Lost my big bear claw ones!

my feet dotn look like that :wink:

looks liek you did a good job on that x member... keep up the good work dude!

Ha ha, I was going to take a similar photo wearing my guiness pint ones but couldn't be bothered to be quite that childish :) . Seriously though nice car you have here, watching with interest.....keep up the good work!

Thanks team :clap:

Had another go at the subframe today, but I snapped one of those hardened HSS drill bits! :shock: Think it's gonna be a cutting job on this one...

btw, your guiness slippers sound elite, where can I get some of those bad boys? Guinness is the only beer I'll drink (or pay for myself :D )

dropped my spare alternator yesterday, but thought nothing of it.

Just checked it and the blades on the pulley end are catching on the body now when you spin it, so probs binnable.

If anyone wants it to use as an exchange one at a shop, PM me.

Can't you just put a new pulley on it??

Had another go at the subframe today, but I snapped one of those hardened HSS drill bits! :shock: Think it's gonna be a cutting job on this one...

Break out the gas....

Pulleys???....PULLEYS??!....I dunno, can you? I wasn't sure if there was a rod attached to the pulley and the whole of the insides would be out of alignment.

I have no gas, at least none useful enough to cut pressed metal with! I'll try cutting it tomorrow and see what happens...