boost monkey

Project Plum - The Plan of Attack

Hey bro, is that the elite Nokia that takes amazing photos? You should get them up here today! :wink: 8)

(PS. once you've given her a good wash, we should head up Shotover for some proper pics, especially in this bright clear weather)

Looking good 8) Any cosmetic plans? I know they'll be further down the line, but it's nice to think about ;)

I was gonna get a late 3-bar grille, but I kinda like the old one now! Might get some blacking on the trim.

At some point:

half smoked clears,

schmidt wheels (not decided which ones yet)

maybe a subtle drop, depending on what i do with suspension.

oh and corrado forum window sticker! :lol:

Sounds good. Think the 3-bar grille and new tails/side indicators are essential. It's those things that date the C in a bad way.

Sounds good. Think the 3-bar grille and new tails/side indicators are essential. It's those things that date the C in a bad way.

Yeah, very true.

Car is making a weird rumbly noise at idle now, think the PAS pump is throwing a fit!

The whole front end needs coming off to be fair, but my engine crane came today so let the games begin* 8)

*after i do some uni work :(

ah, pics at last :lol:

looking very good 8) but imo the 3 bar grille should be top of the shopping list! I know it can be good to be a bit different sometimes but I agree with Cazza that it dates it too much. Good luck with it all.

:shock: you don't like my grille?!

I have a good mind to leave it looking standard you know! :lol:

I don't really like cosmetic mods unless they are functional...it's the engineer in me 8)

My grille is cracked, so I'm just going to have to get a debadged 3-bar... for safety reasons and stuff. It's quite technical.

:lol:

Yeah...the badge causes too much turbulence and the lack of airflow to the rad makes your engine overheat...?

My grille is cracked, so I'm just going to have to get a debadged 3-bar... for safety reasons and stuff. It's quite technical.

:lol:

Yeah...the badge causes too much turbulence and the lack of airflow to the rad makes your engine overheat...?

No, one of the clips that sits in the bumper has broken, and although it looks OK, under extreme braking or at high speed it could fly out and blind a small child, or down an aircraft, or cause a 312-car pileup. :shock:

It's just not worth the risk to humankind...

What do you think, is my sales pitch smooth enough to get the Financial Controller to agree? :D

Great to hear you got the car running and home?

Glad my advice was of some help.

Yeah it's great now cheers!

Car overall still needs a lot of work, but I'll get round to it. Just gotta pace myself I think! :( :)

good to read you'r back on the road, i know the feeling, iv'e only done 1000 miles since my last mot :mad:

i'm picking my car up from mot tomoro :) on coilovers :D

:shock: you don't like my grille?!

I have a good mind to leave it looking standard you know! :lol:

don't really like cosmetic mods unless they are functional...it's the engineer in me 8)

In a nutshell.

You will do well with that attitude. :rambo:

ha ha thanks,

I did the whole pseudo-rice pikey / chav thing when I had peugeots...but have learnt my lesson since then, and had a particularly stealthy 205 1.6 with a 16 up front!

I wish I could strip the car back down to bare metal and start at the bottom. Literally.

Found a hole underneath the battery today, which had obviously been leaking.

Will prob have to farm this out to a welder, get a whole new tray put in. Ho hum! :?

would LOVE to have the space and time to do this:

DSCN0233.jpg

Now that's a proper project.

yeah would be great to do that and get everything perfect.

Space, time, money, knowledge and a daily needed in my case lol

Found a hole underneath the battery today, which had obviously been leaking.

Will prob have to farm this out to a welder, get a whole new tray put in. Ho hum! :?

Hard to tell without removing the battery, but it looks like it is just the flat area on the right (inside the wing) that has been acid eaten and rusted through. The battery is probably still supported by the vertical metalwork under the left side and the flat areas to the front and rear, although you'll want to get it checked soon.

To add insult to injury, that 13mm bolt holding the battery down is rusted/rounded :bad-words: Why? :(

Nevertheless, your C did look soopanice in the dark on the ring road - at least you don't have any cosmetic bodywork to do (unlike some :roll: )

Wishbones and ARB links came yesterday.

Going to rob a decent PAS rack off Danny Allen's shell which is coming on saturday, plus a spare subframe / brakes all round / loom etc which will be good.

waiting on more funds to appear so that I can get new engine mounts.

Also, half contemplating rebuilding the gearbox. If it's the original, it's done 180,000+ miles :shock:

Hey bro,

Last dealer bits will be in on Saturday morning - can collect for you along with the angle grinder if you like? :)

Looking forward to some demolition fun :D although I'll have to be wrapped up like an Eskimo as this cold has finally taken hold, and I don't want to string it out any longer than necessary :(

Will bring my cam so we can get some progress shots, and it'll be interesting to see how it all goes together/comes apart!

Catch you later, :wink:

Cheers Bromeo,

Sounds like a plan! No probs with the rapping, may i recommend something like this:

Zip_Zap_Rap.jpg

Somehow I remember you had a penchant for red and black back in my small years! :lol:

Was supposed to be in autolab today but this maths and autocad work has burnt me out hard. We're only doing Corner weights / electronic balancing today so i'm not too upset. Slept from 11pm to 10am :(