boost monkey

Project Plum - The Plan of Attack

To be fair, it's pretty rough as Corrados go and it's only broken down once in 6 months which I don't think is too bad :lol: :nuts:

I'd be worried after six months if mine had not broken down once.

I'd go to the doctors for a full check up or something.

LOLOGRAM!!!!11 Rob you're a nutty one. How is your remapping and playing with gadgets going?

To be fair, it's pretty rough as Corrados go and it's only broken down once in 6 months which I don't think is too bad :lol: :nuts:

I'd be worried after six months if mine had not broken down once.

I'd go to the doctors for a full check up or something.

LOLOGRAM!!!!11 Rob you're a nutty one. How is your remapping and playing with gadgets going?[/quote:duh4pv0g]

still having fun.

The last thing I'd like to implement on the engine as it is,is knock control,and maybe emulate the g60 boost bleed off functionality using the isv.

I want to start builing my 16vG now.Just ordered some parts from VW for the belt set up.I'm plodding along,thnks for asking.

What voltage is your alternator charging the battery at on startup mate?

Keep a voltmeter in the car next time it starts acting up measure the voltage across the battery terminals.

I guess you may have done all this b4?!!

Prod checked the voltage this morning after I sat there like a noob and turned the key, it was generating 14+Volts :D

I will literally have to rewire the whole car, circuit by circuit, over the next few years so not doubt I'll get REAL acquainted!

I will literally have to rewire the whole car, circuit by circuit, over the next few years so not doubt I'll get REAL acquainted!

Well hats off for being game.

:pale:

Ta :salute: It's the long term plan. I would like to bare metal it at some point too, sort ALL the bodywork but that is on the backmost burner! :lol:

It's actually on that little wire basket/shelf thingy that hangs under the lid of the barbecue, just keeping warm and absorbing some charcoaly flavourz :lol:

Ohhh hello!!

Bent the tacho cleanly past 6000 this morning, almost 6500 and IIRC the hard limit is 6600...nice to know the cobwebs are out now :nuts:

Hard limit on 1.8 valvers is around 7250-7300rpm (of any of the 7 I've owned anyway).....new target for you to aim for! :wink: 8)

Ah cheers dec :salute:

Sorry for the delays, I've been camping ( :camp: ) in somerset over a long bank hol weekend!

Looking at funds this morning, I think...... I *think* I might be able to place an order for front shocks, which means the front end is going onnnn!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I've had all the other strut items here for ages (springs, top plates, mounts, all the fiddly washers etc!) so well looking forward to getting them rigged up and getting on with it :salute:

Just ordered front Gas shocks from GSF.

They're Best Quality gas ones, so I'm hoping they might be billybobs, else they should be boge/boge turbos. Hopefully will be here for the weekend :cheers:

I dof my cap fella, you have put some serious effort into this!

You don't live too far from me! I'm in Wallingford and travel round some of the RR and A34 a few times a week to go to the good lady's! Will no doubt bump into you at some point!!

I shall do! TAVR? I've only lived in the area since Easter so not to up on the ins and outs just yet! Will need to have a mini meet up or something and talk C!

Ha ha yeah, do it! If you're familiar with the A34 side, you prob won't know where I am as it's diametrically opposite :shrug:

but yeah, drop me a PM when you're next about or something :grin:

You're a cheeky one bro - I looked at the topic title and thought that you'd found something bad when you returned yesterday! :pale:

Glad to hear that it is actually good news :wink: :D

Cheers bro :lol: I did go for a drive yesterday, but didn't really give it beans in case it went funny. I should order a new volt reg really! maybe some VDO gauges.... who needs a radio? :grin:

Ordered new fuel filter, dizzy cap, rotor arm, and spark plugs this morning from Febi. Think my leads are ok as they're kinda new, plus I have a new ignition coil to go on too.

Just off up to VW to order some brake seals, misc. bolts etc :salute:

"I ordered some bits yesterday from VW and it seems that they struggle to get in most things next day!"

Anything in the country should be available next day as long as they order before 3pm

Anything else is 3 days from Germany usually unless on backorder which you get no ETA

GSF attempted to deliver my shocks at 2pm today! Pretty quick seeing as I didn't plump for next day delivery.

Unfortunately I was out, but they will try again tomorrow. Otherwise the depot is up next to VW anyways.

So, my turbos arrived... that's right... Boge Turbos 8)

image020sd1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just couldn't resist taking this...

image021pp9.jpg

Oooh....aaaahhh.... plenty of packaging.

image022mk3.jpg

two more turbos to add to the turbos on the back... don't think it's quite a Veyron though :nuts:

image023vg8.jpg

Matt black... they look SO GOOD :eek:

image025sf4.jpg

Cooking with gas. I can't compress them much.... which is nice :grin:

image026bd9.jpg

Ouch. I should probably waxoyl these before they go on, judging by what old dampers look like :gag:

image024nx0.jpg

Sign of quality from Mr. Boge :salute:

image027ud2.jpg

If Marty McFly was here, he'd say "Are you trying to tell me these suckers are gas powered?!" :lol:

image028uj2.jpg

The setup. Bump stops and springs are in the shed; VW box has new dust shroud things in. Topran boxes have some VAG washers etc in too.

As Ron Burgundy said, "Let the games begiiin... heyooo!"