Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

when will people learn

Looks like the driver of the people carrier tried to 'park' on the escape lane, rather than it's intended purpose of slowing you down in the event of brake failure.

You only see them on very steep dual carriageways.

Looks like the driver of the people carrier tried to 'park' on the escape lane, rather than it's intended purpose of slowing you down in the event of brake failure.

Or tried to nip round a queue of traffic! I wonder if he had a fare on baord when he (or she) did it!

Didn't know the Previa was RWD?

Yep RWD.

But that does not mean it's fun to drive..... the exact opposite in fact! Not enough guts to tail slide....or wheelspin :lol:

Yep RWD.

But that does not mean it's fun to drive..... the exact opposite in fact! Not enough guts to tail slide....or wheelspin :lol:

A bit like the A-Team van then Kev? 8)

its on a really steep hill were i live they put it in after a tank transporter carrying a tank lost its brakes and plowed into a tree at the bottom near the junction there is a building at the bottom of the hill were the have a play group for kids it good have been nasty ,oh yeah it took the tree out but then an 80 ton tank transporter will do that :shock:2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDCP_0017.JPG[/attachment:39opmsex]DCP_0018.JPG[/attachment:39opmsex]

i have pics of the crash but i cant find them but you get the idea the noise it made was unbelievable as it crashed and the tank broke its chains and nearly took the cab out

its on a really steep hill were i live they put it in after a tank transporter carrying a tank lost its brakes and plowed into a tree at the bottom near the junction there is a building at the bottom of the hill were the have a play group for kids it good have been nasty ,oh yeah it took the tree out but then an 80 ton tank transporter will do that :shock:2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDCP_0017.JPG[/attachment:2r0nezwy]DCP_0018.JPG[/attachment:2r0nezwy]

i have pics of the crash but i cant find them but you get the idea the noise it made was unbelievable as it crashed and the tank broke its chains and nearly took the cab out

Was that the accident that happened on the road into Pembroke from Castlemartin? I think that the transporter was carrying one of our tanks on the back at the time, as I'm sure one of my tank drivers was also in the cab. The female soldier who was driving the tank transporter potentially saved the lives of alot of children that day, by her quick thinking and deliberately crashing into the wall and tree on the way down the hill to scrub off the speed. She got a commendation for her actions. I think it happened about Mar/April 2004? Since then the council have installed the gravel trap slip road to prevent a repeat performance.

its on a really steep hill were i live they put it in after a tank transporter carrying a tank lost its brakes and plowed into a tree at the bottom near the junction there is a building at the bottom of the hill were the have a play group for kids it good have been nasty ,oh yeah it took the tree out but then an 80 ton tank transporter will do that :shock:2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDCP_0017.JPG[/attachment:jcwevj8r]DCP_0018.JPG[/attachment:jcwevj8r]

Was that the accident that happened on the road into Pembroke from Castlemartin? I think that the transporter was carrying one of our tanks on the back at the time, as I'm sure one of my tank drivers was also in the cab. The female soldier who was driving the tank transporter potentially saved the lives of alot of children that day, by her quick thinking and deliberately crashing into the wall and tree on the way down the hill to scrub off the speed. She got a commendation for her actions. I think it happened about Mar/April 2004? Since then the council have installed the gravel trap slip road to prevent a repeat performance.

thats the one well done on her could have been a lot worse for her or anyone else , good job with the quick thinking took a lot of bottle to put that transporter into the tree like that , its a lot longer than that thou it has to be around 5 - 6 years ago now not sure exactly but i know because i was living somewhere else at the time and i moved at least 5 years ago if not longer , i quite often think about it as i use the road every day hence the top picture

i think he did not realise the escape road was so deep plonker

Don't suppose his brakes failed?

no he just drove in there i saw it being pulled out then he drove away,

and if you look at the pic the back end of the car is in the gravel deeper than the front were he try d to get out :)

i think he did not realise the escape road was so deep plonker

No escaping the escape road!! Not if you drive into it anyway :lol:

i didnt realise they were that deep to be honest! i remember coming down a steep hill near me - Staxton Hill - this has one at the bottom and there was a family having a picnic on the gravel trap , donuts!

i didnt realise they were that deep to be honest! i remember coming down a steep hill near me - Staxton Hill - this has one at the bottom and there was a family having a picnic on the gravel trap , donuts!
yes there deep and the gravel is like lots of marbles ,not standard gravel

What they were having Dohnuts? very observant of ya :lol: