Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

How to get running again (first pics for 7 years!)

Only Digi Photo I have..

82 Rocket, GTi, Mars Red, G60 alloys, lowered Braced, Big Zender OE rear spoiler.... Almost every factory option (and has the hangover year Factory single wiper)

Resurrect or sell?

skyrocket1.jpg

Your votes please?

Oh not seen it for over 2 years! Probably pink by now! :lol:

is it yours? how havent you seen it for 2 years?? is it ina garageor something, i think you should bring it back to life, looks like it could be a right mission and a sweet car once back on the road.!

My Vote

FIX IT!

Keep it! You've already had and got rid of some of my fave VW's of all time, if you sell this as well I think I'll have to come round and beat you. You're lucky I'm still talking to you after the ''Notch'' incident...... :lol:

:lol: Well basically he had a type 3 notchback, one of the Coolest cars vw ever made, and he sold it.

I'm still a little angry about it to this day..... but then if you think a corrado is expensive to repair/run on a daily basis then get yourself an original type 3 and know the meaning of financial pain so I understand why it had to go.... still not happy..... :lol:

Ah Mick, I regret that decision and still do!

But I had two t3'd remember?

1969 Notch: aka Dot after her first owner (I was #3)

Just after I got her and removed the hideous moon discs for "stock caps and trims"

Dot1.jpg

And after some tweeking, a new built 1776cc engine with Webber DCNF's, cam etc (good for 110 up a Boxster S's arse!) and Semi polished Magnesium Porsche 914 Pedrini's

dotnewquay.jpg

1968 Fastback: AKA Yumpie or "why Empi?"(see plate)

Yumpie1.jpg

She was a Gibralter import, so "non UK" color and white interior... Oh and a fully detailed set of Magnesium (again) Porsche Marle 914 "burners" bought a good year BEFORE the car! These were Italian market only 914 wheels and rocking horse poo at the time..

Mick you can bring the beating stick out now!

Briefly not seen it for 2 years as I divorced from the wife so had to find new lodgings for it (was in the in-law's garage) so went into a lock-up which I'm still paying rent on (so I'm assuming it's still there). I then moved away from the area for a while too.

I'm going to the lock-up where the Scirocco (aka Sky-rocket) is sleeping and have a look this weekend.

Yeah they are when it's a daily and the Valve stems are behind the discs, you have to take them off to check/inflate tyres. Plus you also have to drill the rims to fit them so there is some leakage... 4 months of putting up with that PITA soon wore thin!

And an excuse to go see Puppy at T3D and go buy stuff... If you look closely you also see the indicator lenses change to White along with US spec red rear lenses.. Typical T3D styling! All done BEFORE the watercooled "Scene" thought about this! Oh and they were all NOS (New Old Stock so fresh out the boxes but made in the 60's) parts too!

Mick, I miss NOS in bith forms New Old Stock and Nasty Old Shite... Maybe another T3's calling! mmm Squareback....

IMG_7850.jpg

Front drums, Check.

Seperate locks to handles.. Check

Looks like a 64/5 year.. Yummy!

blimey, how old are you then? :!

assumed you were late 20's

Sorry, but Mk2 roccos are ugly, common and pants. Mk1s are the sex (as are mk3's obviously). But it's worth about 40p to boot.

Get another notch if you want a project. They're proper VWs...

blimey, how old are you then? :!

assumed you were late 20's

Sorry, but Mk2 roccos are ugly, common and pants. Mk1s are the sex (as are mk3's obviously). But it's worth about 40p to boot.

Get another notch if you want a project. They're proper VWs...

OI! I'm only 86!

I was waiting for that Dinks. Just for you I'll try and get some more photos of the old gal this weekend in all her (no doubted) "Pinkness"! Well you will probably like the colour if nothing else!

Oh forgot to say she was on about 120k on original engine (Mk1 GTi spec with ext oil cooler) and 5speed box! Un-ripped seats in "Dog-tooth check" pattern.

GTi's are quite rare as they were only made for 2 years 82/3

I'd keep it if youve space for it just restore it bit at a time, you won't get anything selling it and i think there 8)

OMG a square is definitely on the cards for me once i've got a bit of garage space.

In all seriousness mate I think that if you can, keep it. Its obviously not a big issue for you as you've not seen it in 2 years. Just get it restored a little bit at a time, as already suggested, and then enjoy it.

Then you can leave the T3's to me! :lol: