VR6 South

VR6 South's Corrado History Another Addition p4

It is a 3dr Sierra it might not be a Cossie though well spotted :thumbleft: I love Sierra's Cosworth power is the best value pound for pound performance you can get I know I had one EVO's would get a lead away from light's as soon as the boost come's in in 3rd TaTa. Sorry got a bit carried away there.;)

Did you do the welding yourself Martin? If not, where too? I asked Daren (Harrier) if he could recommend anyone with regard to bodywork, and he said the guy he uses was a bit hit and miss. Do you know anyone that you'd recommend without hesitation?

Sean if i was near you i would weld it for you no problem :thumbleft: (I am a time served sheetmetal worker with various welding cert's)

Just thought that it was time to bring my thread back to life as for some reason I am not getting reply notifications. Just insured the Corrado after it not being used for a few years. MOT is booked for next Tuesday. Wish me luck. The Golf is back in the body shop as there was a reaction with the paint which caused some minor blistering. The guy who owns the business has been great and has started again from scratch, winscreen and sunroof out, tailgate and bonnet off too. I am also getting the underside of the bonnet done as the lacquer had discoloured.

Did you do the welding yourself Martin? If not, where too? I asked Daren (Harrier) if he could recommend anyone with regard to bodywork, and he said the guy he uses was a bit hit and miss. Do you know anyone that you'd recommend without hesitation?

Sorry Sean, just seen your reply. I wish I could weld full stop :)I have been using JRC in Fareham for the bodywork. He does quite a bit of high end work so I know that he will get things right.

Thanks Martin, I'm on seriously looking into it now thanks to the bonus. Full windows out respray in a few months! :dance:

Oh and I hope to finally meet one of these that you own. The Fabia is nice, but it's like being told "free pint tomorrow", in that it always "soon to be back on the road" :lol:

Edited by seanl82

Thanks Martin, I'm on seriously looking into it now thanks to the bonus. Full windows out respray in a few months! :dance:

Oh and I hope to finally meet one of these that you own. The Fabia is nice, but it's like being told "free pint tomorrow", in that it always "soon to be back on the road" :lol:

Fingers crossed I will be in the position to use both cars next week. The Corrado will get a run to Fareham and back home whatever.

Just realised that my post count is about the same as the miles which the Corrado has covered in the past four years.

Was in Collingwood a couple of weeks ago Martin, kept a look out for the Corrado or a Mk2, wondered if you were still working there.. Did see a late red Corrado near the gym area and wondered if it may be another car you had acquired..

Best of luck with the MOT and get some miles on that car. Planning any shows this year?

Was in Collingwood a couple of weeks ago Martin, kept a look out for the Corrado or a Mk2, wondered if you were still working there.. Did see a late red Corrado near the gym area and wondered if it may be another car you had acquired..

Best of luck with the MOT and get some miles on that car. Planning any shows this year?

the red Corrado belongs to one of the instructors and is used as a daily.

Yes still working at Collingwood doing the same thing but now a Civil Servant and working in Atlantic. Give me a shout if you come down to Pompey again, it would be good to catch up. I'll do my best to make at least one show all things being well.

I've been admiring the work which you have done on your latest Corrado I guess this is a keeper?

It’s been a long time since I have updated the thread. The Corrado has gone in for its MOT today. I has decided that it likes a lot a cranking before it wants to start. I have recently fitted a replacement in tank fuel pump and relay. Any ideas on what to look for next?

Thanks.

It’s been a long time since I have updated the thread. The Corrado has gone in for its MOT today. I has decided that it likes a lot a cranking before it wants to start. I have recently fitted a replacement in tank fuel pump and relay. Any ideas on what to look for next?

Thanks.

You sure the builtin "non-return" valve works - check my answer in this thread (with pic):

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?82988-VR6-hot-start-problem-seem-to-have-been-resolved-just-thought-I-d-post-experience/page3

You sure the builtin "non-return" valve works - check my answer in this thread (with pic):

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?82988-VR6-hot-start-problem-seem-to-have-been-resolved-just-thought-I-d-post-experience/page3

The symptoms sound similar cold start is really bad. Is there a way to check the fitted non-return valve is working?

The Corrado flew though it’s MOT again. No advisories.

Edited by VR6 South

Not sure what your fault may be but maybe check fuel filter and fuel pressure at injector rail ?

Spotted your car the other day in Lovedean btw, looking very good :)

Not sure what your fault may be but maybe check fuel filter and fuel pressure at injector rail ?

Spotted your car the other day in Lovedean btw, looking very good :)

Thanks for the compliment.

A new fuel filter was fitted a couple of weeks ago. Checking the fuel pressure will have to be the next step. Everything runs as it should once fuel is in the system. I have ordered a NRV to see if that helps.

The symptoms sound similar cold start is really bad. Is there a way to check the fitted non-return valve is working?

The Corrado flew though it’s MOT again. No advisories.

Not sure m8, I would just buy a cheap non return from ebay (can't remember size, but I think it's 8mm) and test it.....I tried all kind of stuff before I heard about this issue, and it have been working ever since (VW did actually have an official replacement as it was a common problem), but the part is discontinued.....

A new fuel pump has worked the trick and the Corrado is 100%. I only covered 58 miles since the MOT. Pleased to say it passed with no advisories again. Must attempt to do more miles this year.

A new fuel pump has worked the trick and the Corrado is 100%. I only covered 58 miles since the MOT. Pleased to say it passed with no advisories again. Must attempt to do more miles this year.

Good to hear you've sorted it :thumbleft:

Only 58 miles that's got to be a record :king:

I think the least miles I've done in mine between MOT was roughly 900 miles.

Take her out on the motorway and get rid of those cobwebs, that reminds me I saw a massive garden spider this morning, it was massive not far off the size of your hand, I almost c****ed myself :shocked!:

So that got booted out the front door :2gunfire:

Si