24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

The second picture on the previous page is so nice!

It nearly looks like a toy car everything is so perfect

Well done!

Ben - Hurry up and finish yours! stop painting the window wipers and get on with it, it's like Design & Technology A-Levels all over again lol

jay, you vain bastard! (light up mirrors in the visors, looks like a tarts boudoir!) ;-)

Damn right! You know I like to see myself :lol:

I am not sure yet if it will be distracting, but obviously you can turn the light off.

Jay

might need a bit of "quiet" time to myself in the corner when i see this car tm at stealth! 8)

Also jay the guy that did your paint work? is it likely i would be able to get mine done by the guy you used?? or his he snowed under with similar work??, not bothered about travelling the country just wanting an ace sprayer! prob looking at getting the whole car done in september / october time??

Well it was sprayed by my mate who works in a big bodyshop, but we hired an oven for the day at a different place and did it in one day. (after I had spent 3 weeks in the garage prepping it). The bodyshop only do insurance work on Porkers, Mercs, etc..

However another mate of mine who is an awesome painter and did some of my car, including the engine bay is Gary at Insignia Coachworks in Poole.

Jay

excellent mate thanks, will have to start making enquiries pretty soon, not sure whether i am going to have time prepping it all myself... i would rather let someone who knows what they are doing do it for me as i dont have the patients to prep paint 8) then again i suppose that would take a hell of a lot of the cost out of the total cost of a spray job??

Just incase i may think about doing a similar thing have you got any tips you can PM me which may give me some idea of what i would be letting myself in for??

my paintwork isnt horrible its just i ve neer been happy with it, if you get what i mean some parts are really good but when i look at other parts like the roof it seems to let the whole car down...maybe its just me ... :roll:

i was thinking of getting it done in stages , but this would lead to paint matching problems so i ve started my respray savings account and hope to have enough for a decent job just before the winter, its just finding the right place that i can leave my car with the knowledge that its not at a cowboy shack!

Mike - Most places would rather do the prep themselves as the prep is as important as the painting. I have always done the prep on my cars and my mates are painters so have had their advice and checking when I have done it.

Furkz - Yep, you got it in one :) I just need to get the mount stuck to the screen.

jay

this looks better and better every time i see it, credit to you jay its a awesome looking car :thumbleft:

good use of that visor i sent you!! mmm i have a another spare visor i might have to hang on to that now! were you tempted to use the mirrors and lights out of something newer? my audi has very nice lights on both sunvisors.

nice touch Jay ;)

is Gary still working then?

Also can vouch for Gary he did my corrado and im more than happy with the work :D

good use of that visor i sent you!! mmm i have a another spare visor i might have to hang on to that now! were you tempted to use the mirrors and lights out of something newer? my audi has very nice lights on both sunvisors.

I have only used the mirror glass out of the visor you sent, as this one was cracked. The visor itself is LHD passenger one, so is identical to the other one, but reversed.

Alex - Yes Gary is back in business, he has decided to go for it full on this time and is doing well.

Jay

Looks awesome Jay, I would have never thought of it my self, I was actually thinking of deleting my drivers side visor mirror.

How about making them like beemer 1's where when you pull the visor down the light comes on, or do they come on when you slide open the cover?

Either way a little touch more